Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 05:09:02 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Same old same old  (Read 4970 times)

leedshayter

• Forum Member
Same old same old
« on September 22, 2012, 06:47:10 pm by leedshayter »
I know Rome wasnt built in a day but jeez we have not moved forward ANY from last season. The beer and lager is still awfull , at half time i had the choice between a chicken or Cheese pie so didnt bother had a coffee instead £2 . We really have to improve! :(

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

MrFrost

• Forum Member
Re: Same old same old
« Reply #1 on September 22, 2012, 06:49:45 pm by MrFrost »
And do the fridges actually work where the drinks are kept? I got a bottle of pepsi which I thought had been stood on a radiator.

German Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on September 22, 2012, 06:53:00 pm by German Rover »
Could do with the beer bar selling pop as well, queuing up twice while trying to wrangle two little treasures was a nightmare, and if there were more people there I'd of missed some of the second half,

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on September 22, 2012, 06:54:16 pm by Bentley Bullet »
I bought a bottle of water and it tasted like it had been diluted.

jmt

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on September 22, 2012, 06:54:55 pm by jmt »
I had a Luke warm burger, they must be using the same company, they have stuck half a leaf of lettuce and a slice of tomato in though  :ohmy:
How the company got and keep the contract I'll never know!

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on September 22, 2012, 06:55:06 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Yep. Was saying in the KM bar before the game they are totally unprepared and to say they are not ready for a match day, especially now when customers mean income, is unacceptable.

Fed up of promises, excuses and premium prices for pigswill.   

jmt

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on September 22, 2012, 07:57:19 pm by jmt »
Fed up of promises, excuses and premium prices for pigswill.   

Is that on or off the pitch?   :headbang:

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on September 22, 2012, 08:02:03 pm by mushRTID »
Moan moan moan.

The guys in the know have said changes are coming and the KM takeover was to be finalised first.

Enjoy your Saturday night you miserable t**ts!

barnbydunbill

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on September 22, 2012, 08:34:50 pm by barnbydunbill »
Had a pint at lakeside before the game. Service was rubbish and they are taking the pxxx out of us fans. Was asked to pay 4.70 for a half and a pepsi and when I challenge him he was arragont as fcuk. If only we had a club house!

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on September 22, 2012, 09:21:11 pm by RobTheRover »
We do - its the Belle Vue Bar.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on September 22, 2012, 09:54:07 pm by The Red Baron »
Now my experience of the catering was totally the opposite.

I had a chicken and mushroom pie that was light years better than that which I experienced at Bumhole Lane on Tuesday. Shame they don't do pasties, but these pies will do me.

Also had a bottle of Carlsberg at £2.50 which last season would have cost me £3.

Definite improvements there- however the game was awful!

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on September 22, 2012, 09:56:18 pm by Mr1Croft »
Sean Lockwood said today that Spotless (the Catering Company from Australia who are moving to Doncaster) has taken over the EMC, now because the stadium handover taken 2 months longer than hoped a lot of the changes they want to improve (such as the infrastructure and renovation) can't be done overnight and will instead be through little changes throughout the season. I think today the pies were new but the Hot Dogs and Cheese Burgers seem the same.

This is their first ever venture into catering for a football stadium which can be a good thing because they want to try different things and Sean brought up a few of the ideas that they have including looking at serving food such as Indian and Chinese Cuisine, which I think is a great idea; I'm not a huge fan of that type of food itself but I know lots are.

They are still keen on launching a Rovers Bitter as well, and this is the type of thing that the In Rovers We Trust exists for.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on September 22, 2012, 10:35:12 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Had a pint at lakeside before the game. Service was rubbish and they are taking the pxxx out of us fans. Was asked to pay 4.70 for a half and a pepsi and when I challenge him he was arragont as fcuk. If only we had a club house!

I had two pints of Blacksheep at the Lakeside, and I've had diarr, diorr, shits ever since.

neil grainger

« Reply #13 on September 23, 2012, 12:06:41 am by neil grainger »
I bought a packet of cheese and onion crisps which were 35% cheese and 65% onion whereas before we took over control of the stadium I'm sure they were 40% cheese and 60% onion.

If that's the best you can do Rovers then I suggest you give the f*****g stadium back pronto.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on September 23, 2012, 12:38:16 am by wilts rover »
and the hot dogs had no dog at all in them, when Sean O'Driscoll was here you used to get half a poodle and as for the labrador under Bremner, bloody rubbish Ryan, get it sorted...

Alan_Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on September 23, 2012, 12:38:45 am by Alan_Rovers »
A lad in front of me in the concourse got served a full pint of lager. The problem is he only looked about 12.

Viking Don

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on September 23, 2012, 12:43:27 am by Viking Don »
An Australian company? Nowt like keeping it local. Get me a crocodile sandwich and make it snappy. The old ones are the best.

Do Chicken Balti pies come under the Indian food category?

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on September 23, 2012, 12:59:12 am by RedJ »
An Australian company? Nowt like keeping it local. Get me a crocodile sandwich and make it snappy. The old ones are the best.

Do Chicken Balti pies come under the Indian food category?

he's from Yorkshire as is the company, he's just lived over there for donkey's years

Viking Don

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on September 23, 2012, 01:10:59 am by Viking Don »

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on September 23, 2012, 01:14:09 am by RedJ »
Not these then?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spotless

:laugh: fair enough mate, I was just going on memory from the forum, teach me to check my facts!

Viking Don

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on September 23, 2012, 01:18:55 am by Viking Don »
Well I don't know if it is this same company, I just did a quick google - there could be another 'spotless' company I suppose.

Kangaroo burger anyone?

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on September 23, 2012, 02:06:16 am by Mr1Croft »
The guy is from Yorkshire who are bringing them over, the food director I think his title is; Phil Batty.

The company itself has worked with Wembley and the Emirates (through waste and cleaning I think) but the catering contract is their first venture in being the sole contractor to the stadium.

Viking Don

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on September 23, 2012, 02:25:19 am by Viking Don »
I must have been misreading stuff cos I thought we were going to get local companies involved like Toppings pies etc.. or is this just the management of the services?

Ah well, I probably wouldn't have bought anything anyway at stupid stadium prices, but I have to say I'm less than impressed by a huge Australian company being given the deal in the current economic climate.

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on September 23, 2012, 03:04:16 am by Mr1Croft »

The reported figure is £12 Million for 10 years:

http://www.caterersearch.com/Articles/03/09/2012/345222/Spotless-International-Services-scores-16312m-deal-at-Doncaster.htm

They have the management but whether or not they will buy local produce and sell it on is a different story.

However the In Rovers We Trust is in full swing at the moment and this is an area that the fans DO have a say in, they are not going to just do something because they want it unless it is in the interest of the fans. Many individuals have really bought into this idea of allowing fans to become involved in the decisions in helping to make this stadium feel like ours, not least of all Gavin Baldwin and Shaun Lockwood (who is the unsung hero at DRFC in my eyes) many hours have already been donated unless as many fans as possible embrace the opportunity and do something about it rather than constantly moan then all that will have been for nothing.

You can get on board using the email given in the story here:
http://www.doncasterroversfc.co.uk/news/article/in-rovers-we-trust-we-need-your-help-380118.aspx

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on September 23, 2012, 09:48:57 am by silent majority »
DRFC will be in a fantastic position in the next few months. Spotless, the Australian company, are basing their UK operation at the Keepmoat and will take over the offices used by the SMC. They will then present the Keepmoat as their flagship operation and using it as a model of what they can achieve for other stadiums, it'll be a permanent demonstration and used to showcase what they can achieve.

It hasn't happened yet, but it will do. Patience and guidance from us will deliver a good result for all DRFC supporters.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on September 23, 2012, 10:13:19 am by steve@dcfd »
Will patience and guidance from us also improve the the performances on the pitch at home. If DRFC want more supporters to share in the Spotless  experience then the pitch experience must improve.

Alan_Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on September 23, 2012, 01:53:00 pm by Alan_Rovers »
Why do this Spotless company want to base their operation at the Keepmoat? It's hardly as if we live in an affluent area or get big crowds. We're just an average team in the third tier nowadays.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on September 24, 2012, 01:07:57 pm by wing commander »
 My own opinion on this is that maybe we were to quick to fanfare this plan even with the best intentions in mind.Obviousley the delay in the stadium transfer has put things back a bit but i still believe they need to get some basics right and quickly.The drop in attendances has helped mask the problem but there are many things that could be improved quickly with just decenct management..

The bottom line and that's whats matters is they are still  terribly understaffed which was magnified by how little leadership they have...They still were not pulling half time stock prior to the rush and i had to shake my head in disbelief when one staff member actually had to be shown how to take the top off a bottle of carlsberg...My bunch are greedy buggers and when they cant find the time to get a second drink in, there has to be something wrong...

Personally i wont eat pre packed burgers or hotdogs so i cant comment on the food,but at the home game before saturday one of the lads went down to get a burger and pie ten minutes into the second half and not ONE kiosk in the west stand was actually open...that cant be right surely....Whilst I appreciate the staff are probably minimum wage,they are still operating in a customer based enviroment and the very basics are to offer a smile and actually get on with what they are doing, after all they are only having to work hard for a twenty minute slot,some of them sloth around and look like they cant be arsed...As an employer myself that would not be acceptable to me and shouldn't be to them..A decent manager should have them shipped into shape or shipped out in a matter of weeks with little cost..That would at least show improvment while we wait for the main changes to bite.....
  I actually said to one of them a few weeks ago after what i can only describe as abysmal service "that i wouldnt pay you in brass washers" he looked at me and replied "to be honest neither would i".... :headbang:

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on September 24, 2012, 05:00:39 pm by Mr1Croft »

Rovin Reporter

« Reply #29 on September 24, 2012, 10:10:06 pm by Rovin Reporter »
If only changing the the pies was all that was required to get us out of this shit hole.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012