Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 02:11:26 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Same old same old  (Read 4962 times)

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
Re: Same old same old
« Reply #30 on September 24, 2012, 10:29:36 pm by Mr1Croft »
What shit hole is the club in Rovin? There are no debts, the team are picking up points, players are coming through the youth team; the academy continues to grow, the fans are on board with the changes at the club thanks to In Rovers We Trust and for the next 99 years Doncaster Rovers have a home.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Rupee92

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on September 24, 2012, 10:38:23 pm by Rupee92 »
Why do this Spotless company want to base their operation at the Keepmoat? It's hardly as if we live in an affluent area or get big crowds. We're just an average team in the third tier nowadays.

A professional football club in the english league... 15k all seater stadium. It's perfect for them to use the KM as their 'face' or whatever.

drfcsteve

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on September 24, 2012, 10:48:30 pm by drfcsteve »
Why do this Spotless company want to base their operation at the Keepmoat? It's hardly as if we live in an affluent area or get big crowds. We're just an average team in the third tier nowadays.

A professional football club in the english league... 15k all seater stadium. It's perfect for them to use the KM as their 'face' or whatever.

I would imagine they would have approached other clubs who will have said no. I would also guess that we are getting some kinds of discount for our generosity in letting them trial themselves at the Keepmoat, this is after all their first venture in to English football catering is it not?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on September 24, 2012, 10:52:44 pm by Filo »

I would imagine they would have approached other clubs who will have said no. I would also guess that we are getting some kinds of discount for our generosity in letting them trial themselves at the Keepmoat, this is after all their first venture in to English football catering is it not?

Well I stand to be corrected on this one, but I`m sure they do the catering at other grounds, including Wembley, however I do believe it`s the first venture into full service management, that is Catering, cleaning and waste management, all under the Spotless name

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on September 24, 2012, 10:59:24 pm by silent majority »

Amazing. Because DRFC pull off a cracking deal with regard to letting office space and finding someone to pour money into our stadium then there must be something wrong and it just has to have been turned down by other clubs.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on September 24, 2012, 11:03:34 pm by dickos1 »

Why would you imagine or guess that?

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on September 24, 2012, 11:08:38 pm by Mr1Croft »
I think this (I have no evidence whatsoever and just guessing here) is a Gavin Baldwin idea. He is relatively new to football but will have a huge list of contacts from his days at the dome, being new it allows him to use initiatives that other clubs might not look at.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on September 25, 2012, 08:53:18 am by wing commander »
Yes on the face of it it's a great deal for the club and my own opinion is, that it's to our advantage that Gavin has no real history in Football...In his position he doesn't really need any it's purely about the business model....

Obviousley time will tell on the catering..And i know that things allways have a habit of taking longer than expected but we can be reasonably confident because if they are going to roll it out as an example to others,they have to get it right.....

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on September 30, 2012, 01:40:36 am by Sammy Chung was King »
What about Yam's?,you can live on them but they taste like s..t :crying:

TinyPortal © 2005-2012