Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 09:03:50 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Sandy Lane Parking  (Read 3191 times)

Martyn1968

• Forum Member
Sandy Lane Parking
« on January 19, 2013, 05:48:45 pm by Martyn1968 »
Crikey, just cost me £35 to park down Sandy Lane. Is it normally that expensive? and are the traffic wardens normally that keen?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Viking Don

• VSC Member
Re: Sandy Lane Parking
« Reply #1 on January 19, 2013, 06:01:38 pm by Viking Don »
Yes they are, they lie in wait til just after 3 p.m. then appear out of the shadows to spoil someone's day. They really are bas**rds and it's done just to boost council coffers.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on January 19, 2013, 06:44:38 pm by MrFrost »
What do you expect if you park illegally? No sympathy i'm afraid. Plenty of places to park down there without the chance of getting a ticket.

MiKA

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on January 19, 2013, 06:46:14 pm by MiKA »
I'll let you park on my drive for a tenner    :thumbsup:

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on January 19, 2013, 06:46:27 pm by glosterred »
Parked there most home games since we moved to KMS - never had a problem.

COYR

:scarf:

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on January 19, 2013, 06:52:58 pm by MrFrost »

COYR

Part of it has double yellows, but most ignore it on match days. Serves them right if they park on them.

Viking Don

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on January 19, 2013, 06:55:48 pm by Viking Don »
Why are there double yellow lines right at the bottom where there's nothing to obstruct?

I park on them but I use mi old ma's blue badge hahaha.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on January 19, 2013, 06:59:25 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

And where else do you use it?

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on January 19, 2013, 07:00:14 pm by RobTheRover »
The double yellows are there because there is a school there.  Standard practice, even if its ludicrous to enforce it on a saturday afternoon or a tuesday night.

Couldnt you say that that the lines were obscured by the snow?

Viking Don

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on January 19, 2013, 07:02:24 pm by Viking Don »

Mainly outside schools, town centre, anywhere it really pisses the clockwork mice off really.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on January 19, 2013, 07:04:40 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

Mainly outside schools, town centre, anywhere it really pisses the clockwork mice off really.

But you don't care about pissing off the people who might genuinely need the space you're taking up?

Viking Don

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on January 19, 2013, 07:06:25 pm by Viking Don »

But you don't care about pissing off the people who might genuinely need the space you're taking up?

I'm just winding Frosty up mate, the badge is for my disabled son really, and yes, he really does need it.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on January 19, 2013, 07:08:42 pm by MrFrost »
There is no reason to park on them illegally though, most of Sandy Lane is free to park on, just some people can't be bothered to walk a few hundred yards more, so if you get a ticket, no point moaning about it!

Viking Don

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on January 19, 2013, 07:13:29 pm by Viking Don »
I'm only messing, it just pisses me off that they lie in wait to trap people on match days when there's clearly nothing to obstruct down there at the bottom. Anyone with a physical disability wouldn't park there as it a long way to the ground so the restrictions shouldn't really be there on non-school days or evenings.

I got a ticket down there once when I forgot to display the badge, which wound me up, but I appealed it and got away with it.

Rios

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on January 19, 2013, 08:22:20 pm by Rios »
Pity they're too busy up there and can't be bothered coming down to the stadium to move the halfwits causing an obstruction sat waiting on double yellows outside the ground at full-time.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on January 19, 2013, 08:32:24 pm by Donnywolf »
They used to ticket anyone who parked on the grass square right at the bottom of Sandy Lane as well ...

---- so it really surprises me that no one has yet been nicked for parking on the verge right opposite the Stadium. There were about 6 cars there again today and they HAVE to reverse over the footpath to get where they go and drive back over it when there are pedestrians at the end of the Match

I am pretty sure that will be "an offence" and it will be obstructive parking and at least £35 as well (possibly more)

Viking Don

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on January 19, 2013, 08:53:20 pm by Viking Don »
That's what annoys me really, they're going for the easy targets on Sandy Lane when there's noone there to confront them, they wait til kick-off when everyone's in the ground, I've seen them do it when I've been late a few times. Maybe someone who lives down there could tell us how keen they are to ticket parents who park down there on school days, my guess is they're not so keen.

People often park on double yellows outside Saltersgate on Cusworth Lane, causing a danger to the lollipop lady there and parents and kids crossing to get to school, but they turn up once a blue moon to hand out tickets there, yet they turn up EVERY home game to get folk parking in a perfectly safe area causing no danger or obstruction to anyone. I mean, that can't be right can it? No wonder folk hate them.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on January 19, 2013, 09:00:13 pm by MrFrost »
That's what annoys me really, they're going for the easy targets on Sandy Lane when there's noone there to confront them, they wait til kick-off when everyone's in the ground, I've seen them do it when I've been late a few times. Maybe someone who lives down there could tell us how keen they are to ticket parents who park down there on school days, my guess is they're not so keen.

People often park on double yellows outside Saltersgate on Cusworth Lane, causing a danger to the lollipop lady there and parents and kids crossing to get to school, but they turn up once a blue moon to hand out tickets there, yet they turn up EVERY home game to get folk parking in a perfectly safe area causing no danger or obstruction to anyone. I mean, that can't be right can it? No wonder folk hate them.

It's still illegal.
I have seen traffic wardens on several occasions dishing out tickets to people parked in the checked areas on Sprotbrough Road where the school is.

Viking Don

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on January 19, 2013, 09:03:17 pm by Viking Don »
Until quite recently it was illegal for hackney cabs not to have a bale of straw in their boot. Doesn't make it right.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on January 19, 2013, 09:28:02 pm by Dagenham Rover »
Shame they don't jump out at the end of the game outside the KMS and nab those waiting  to pick people up as they cause havoc parking in the bus stops and on the road

DC-

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on January 20, 2013, 11:59:19 am by DC- »
What do you expect if you park illegally? No sympathy i'm afraid. Plenty of places to park down there without the chance of getting a ticket.

Agreed.

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on January 20, 2013, 06:44:45 pm by glosterred »

COYR

Part of it has double yellows, but most ignore it on match days. Serves them right if they park on them.

I know that's why I don't park on them - that's why I have never had trouble.

COYR

TinyPortal © 2005-2012