Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 04:26:42 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Same old story  (Read 4752 times)

karlos

• Forum Member
Re: Same old story
« Reply #30 on September 02, 2018, 04:23:52 am by karlos »
That's not my job but Kenny jacket managed to go find a couple and so did Steve evans. Joey Barton another one GM is the one who supposed to know who these players are. But the top 6 are all in double figures for goals for and where are we I'm not saying JM isn't good enough but without him we would be really up shit Creek.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on September 02, 2018, 04:26:29 am by RoversAlias »
Aye without our main striker we'd struggle. Same goes for every team in the league.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on September 02, 2018, 08:10:05 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
Now, we are close to ending a very difficult string of games, we can easily maintain a 2 points per game average until the end of 2018. That will put us on around 45 points which is easily promotion form.

We then have the January window to look at what we need to make sure we don't slip up.

I know many will be saying, well what if this, what if that, but the point is, we don't need to be brilliant, we just need to be good. The evidence so far is that McCann has raised the standard sufficiently to achieve that. I don't see as many warning signs as I did when watching the team under DF and as many will concur, having square pegs in square holes is a good foundation.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on September 02, 2018, 08:19:41 am by NickDRFC »
First game I’ve seen this season and I was extremely impressed. We went to a team who had previously won 5 from 5 and not only didn’t look over awed, we actually dominated. We could have been 2 or 3 1 up by half time, and it was only the 10 minute spell they had after they brought the big lad on up front that meant they for anything out of the game. What I thought was really pleasing was that even after conceding we continued to play the way we had and didn’t panic, and we soon got our control of he game back. That was genuinely the best I’ve seen Rovers play in some years.

Really liked what I saw of Herbie Kane. He’s very busy, always looking to get involved and recycle the ball quickly, and he’s got no little skill as well - reminds me a bit of Richie Wellens. Wilks is a hit more enigmatic - capable of beating a couple of men with ease, he also seemed prone to some horrendous mis-controls or mis-hits. Still looks a great asset to have in the team though and he’ll cause a lot of problems this year.

All in all a top performance - keep that up and we’re in for a very exciting year.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on September 02, 2018, 08:41:46 am by Chris Black come back »
Will not see Copps play full 90 minutes too many times this season but yesterday was an absolute treat. What a guy.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on September 02, 2018, 08:50:10 am by IDM »
Karlos, same old story?

Before the game Peterborough has won 5/5 with a +11 goal difference, and were top of the league.

We went to their place, were the better side - the opinions of fans of both teams who were there..

What’s wrong with that?

As for not taking chances, why don’t you trust those who went who report their defence making decent blocks and their keeper making good saves, plus we hit the post..

On another day we could have an identical performance and identical chances, but due to slightly different Peterborough defending we would score 3 or 4..  fine margins indeed.!

Regardless of the total amount of chances, we had 8 shots on target according to the stats.. eight.. away from home at the league leaders..

You are welcome to your opinion as is anyone else, but I don’t think your conclusions are justified..

Who is disappointed with being in 7th place after 6 games, and taking points off possible promotion contenders.?

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on September 02, 2018, 08:56:20 am by RedJ »
He obviously didn't go and couldn't wait to have a whinge.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on September 02, 2018, 09:25:01 am by the vicar »
If we keep playing like that we’re in for a great season.

Did you go today Karlos? There is no way anyone can seriously come away from that game with anything to moan about. Thoroughly enjoyed it, very entertaining and much the better team.

yes we were by far the best team but it counts for nothing is we can't score goals

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on September 02, 2018, 09:26:45 am by graingrover »
Fortunately I was nor in Switzerland  only in Belgium so could still afford the tenner to watch my team on I follow . Great game and a pleasure to watch.

Envoyé de mon EVA-L09 en utilisant Tapatalk

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on September 02, 2018, 09:27:14 am by IDM »
Look at the two that hit the post vicar.. another inch or two the other way and they both rebound into the net and we’ve scored 3..

Sometimes the goals don’t come..  not creating g good chances would be worrying..

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on September 02, 2018, 09:44:42 am by the vicar »
I agree but we do need to start taking our chances or we will slip down the league and we don't want that

karlos

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on September 02, 2018, 10:00:03 am by karlos »
Redj no I didn't go I am working in Switzerland but I have seen over the last 40 years of watching them. It's ok saying we have played well and making chances but it's taking chances that count, I stand to eat my words if proven wrong infact I hope I am.

Bezza

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on September 02, 2018, 10:02:13 am by Bezza »
someone always put a dampner on a great performance.

boro_rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on September 02, 2018, 10:48:00 am by boro_rover »
Really don’t understand how people can moan after yesterday’s performance. We dominated the strongest team in the league so far who have invested heavily. The only thing missing was a winner. I think I speak for most people on here when I say I would have taken a point before the game. We definately ruined a lot of coupons yesterday.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on September 02, 2018, 11:07:58 am by RedJ »
Really don’t understand how people can moan after yesterday’s performance. We dominated the strongest team in the league so far who have invested heavily. The only thing missing was a winner. I think I speak for most people on here when I say I would have taken a point before the game. We definately ruined a lot of coupons yesterday.

I hope so. Love knowing we've f**ked people out of money for betting against us.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on September 02, 2018, 12:44:43 pm by RoversAlias »
Redj no I didn't go I am working in Switzerland but I have seen over the last 40 years of watching them. It's ok saying we have played well and making chances but it's taking chances that count, I stand to eat my words if proven wrong infact I hope I am.

I'm not sure what the past 40 years have to do with it. Carl Alford not scoring for us in the Conference has no bearing on our goalscoring ability in 2018, nor do I think the memory of Colin Douglas scoring lots of goals for us looms large on the shoulders of Marquis, Wilks and May.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on September 02, 2018, 01:47:37 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
People were crying out and throwing a wobbler that we didn't sign Taylor, when he signed for Peterborough. Where is he now? I would rather have Anderson than that Billy big b*llocks.

The same thing applies with strikers who think they are worth more than they are. There's a reason deals are not done and chances are, we're better with what we've got and be patient until the right one becomes available at the right price.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on September 02, 2018, 02:16:19 pm by Campsall rover »
I agree but we do need to start taking our chances or we will slip down the league and we don't want that
But we will. Just wait.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on September 02, 2018, 06:58:06 pm by Campsall rover »
First game I’ve seen this season and I was extremely impressed. We went to a team who had previously won 5 from 5 and not only didn’t look over awed, we actually dominated. We could have been 2 or 3 1 up by half time, and it was only the 10 minute spell they had after they brought the big lad on up front that meant they for anything out of the game. What I thought was really pleasing was that even after conceding we continued to play the way we had and didn’t panic, and we soon got our control of he game back. That was genuinely the best I’ve seen Rovers play in some years.

Really liked what I saw of Herbie Kane. He’s very busy, always looking to get involved and recycle the ball quickly, and he’s got no little skill as well - reminds me a bit of Richie Wellens. Wilks is a hit more enigmatic - capable of beating a couple of men with ease, he also seemed prone to some horrendous mis-controls or mis-hits. Still looks a great asset to have in the team though and he’ll cause a lot of problems this year.

All in all a top performance - keep that up and we’re in for a very exciting year.
Exactly as I saw the game.

sheffield exile1

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on September 02, 2018, 08:15:13 pm by sheffield exile1 »

I'm not sure what the past 40 years have to do with it. Carl Alford not scoring for us in the Conference has no bearing on our goalscoring ability in 2018, nor do I think the memory of Colin Douglas scoring lots of goals for us looms large on the shoulders of Marquis, Wilks and May.

40-50 years we had the formidable strking partnershio in Kitchen and O.Callaghan with Elwiss also in the mix. Never got out of Division 4. Strikers are only part of the picture....

TinyPortal © 2005-2012