Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 08:41:04 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Same old ....  (Read 3212 times)

since-1969

• VSC Member
Same old ....
« on February 26, 2019, 11:58:21 pm by since-1969 »
Why haven’t we learned that if you want something bad enough you have work hard to achieve it . Too many players just putting pointless passes into spaces that where no one was there to use , passes intercepted continually. We were out passed out fought and just out played where it mattered and we just don’t get to grips with Shrewsbury’s willingness to hassle and hassle again to win every second ball going and we’re goid value for their two well taken goals  . We created very few chances and when the did come we just rushed them or just didn’t put enough bodies in their box . Marquis never had look in in the first half and in the second he blasted over the bar and couldn’t connect 6” from the net yes six inches . We had no edge to our play or strategy to over come the sheer effort being put in by Shrewsbury. On a word inept .
« Last Edit: February 27, 2019, 12:05:25 am by since-1969 »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

since-1969

• VSC Member
Re: Same old ....
« Reply #1 on February 27, 2019, 12:17:44 am by since-1969 »
I hate players who just don’t do it when we need it and above all can’t do it . He is only scoring when he gets numerous chances usually after wasting half of them . He can’t or won’t jump , seldom is effective at corners or free kickes , he doesn’t seem to have particularly style of play that can’t be delt with by just out performing him ie getting to the ball  first as he never challenges back. He is predictable to mark . NO I think he’s over rated and a luxury and if there is a buyer will to pay £2m then get them hooked before he gets sussed as a very lucky player. He is hard working but who in our side isn’t . I get fed up with his half hearted attempts to fight for loose balls or passes he can’t be bothered to run after . I hope he scores 30 this season but I doubt he’ll get any where near .

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on February 27, 2019, 12:42:32 am by dickos1 »
Anyone who watched that game and then writes “we created very few chances” has a screw loose

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on February 27, 2019, 07:44:47 am by idler »
In his glasses?

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on February 27, 2019, 07:47:04 am by since-1969 »
Anyone who watched that game and then writes “we created very few chances” has a screw loose
We created NOTHING and their keeper was  never threatened in the first half and made ONE one the line save late on . Everything either went straight into his arms or over the bar ( Marquis) .

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on February 27, 2019, 07:51:45 am by NickDRFC »
We created NOTHING and their keeper was  never threatened in the first half and made ONE one the line save late on . Everything either went straight into his arms or over the bar ( Marquis) .

What have you been smoking?

Marquis skied one from six yards, goalmouth scramble from the corner, cross that Marquis missed from a yard or two out and Sadlier should have buried he follow up, Sadlier on the volley going well wide...how can you say that we created nothing? Not forcing their keeper into a save has nothing to do with creating chances, it’s to do with executing them.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on February 27, 2019, 08:01:35 am by drfchound »
Not forgetting the shot by Andrew that was going in until it deflected off Marquis and away from goal.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on February 27, 2019, 08:03:47 am by dickos1 »

We created nothing??

We created 4 guilt edge chances, the finishing was inept

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on February 27, 2019, 08:07:15 am by NickDRFC »
Not forgetting the shot by Andrew that was going in until it deflected off Marquis and away from goal.

That was a chance, sure, but difficult to say it was going in given Marquis got onto it when it was still 10 yards or so out. A relay from a different angle might have shown it going in but from watching live I couldn’t even tell if it was on target.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on February 27, 2019, 08:15:40 am by since-1969 »
How many of those chances had to be saved by their  keeper as Marosi had to ? I say again NONE !! We are predictable and one demential . No effective target man , everyone is trying to walk it into the box. , no shots hardly or pressure on the their centre backs in their box . Inept was us in defence in the first half and if last night showed anything, it showed that we are easy beaten in the final third by a team willing to press us  early to the ball . Marquis isn’t leading by example when he doesn’t win his share of crosses or hold on the ball long enough  to get others into the game.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on February 27, 2019, 08:18:05 am by dickos1 »
I think you need to do a bit of research on what creating a chance actually means

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on February 27, 2019, 08:22:51 am by drfchound »
How many of those chances had to be saved by their  keeper as Marosi had to ? I say again NONE !! We are predictable and one demential . No effective target man , everyone is trying to walk it into the box. , no shots hardly or pressure on the their centre backs in their box . Inept was us in defence in the first half and if last night showed anything, it showed that we are easy beaten in the final third by a team willing to press us  early to the ball . Marquis isn’t leading by example when he doesn’t win his share of crosses or hold on the ball long enough  to get others into the game.

The match stats show that we had 13 shots, five of which were on target.
Given that shots blocked by defenders don’t count among the on target stats then your statement that no shots had to be saved is simply wrong.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on February 27, 2019, 08:55:27 am by the vicar »
You don't like Marquis, do you?
listen you can't defend every player all the time,I they have a bad time then you have to say, if we don't then they will thing they can get away with not good play all the time, they need a kick up the arse now and again or they get left out.  I like marquis but he has not been good for a few games now and he needs to buck up before its to late

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on February 27, 2019, 09:00:03 am by dickos1 »
Marquis should’ve had a hat trick last night a simple one at that.
But he’s our best striker and the goals will come again soon

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on February 27, 2019, 09:29:50 am by Bessie Red »

And despite all that we are 6th in the league. I'm sure there are many clubs in this league who would like to be where we are right now!!

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on February 27, 2019, 09:39:48 am by RoversAlias »
Spoiler alert: We cannot win every football match we play.

A fact too many people cannot seem to grasp.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on February 27, 2019, 05:33:35 pm by idler »

We created nothing??

We created 4 guilt edge chances, the finishing was inept
I take it that the spelling of gilt was intentional Dickos. A few guilty last night by all accounts.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on February 27, 2019, 05:44:15 pm by the vicar »
Spoiler alert: We cannot win every football match we play.

A fact too many people cannot seem to grasp.
I can grasp it, it's just we seem to struggle against teams lower that half way and teams that are physical

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on February 27, 2019, 06:34:16 pm by drfchound »
Vicar old pal, Peterbro were very physical and we beat them.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on February 27, 2019, 06:51:17 pm by since-1969 »

Given that shots blocked by defenders don’t count among the on target stats then your statement that no shots had to be saved is simply wrong.
I watched the game and I dismay at how we don’t take out chances with more ruthlessness.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on February 27, 2019, 06:53:10 pm by dickos1 »

I watched the game and I dismay at how we don’t take out chances with more ruthlessness.

What chances?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on February 27, 2019, 06:54:25 pm by drfchound »

So do I, but it wasn’t as you said was it.

Marquis is having a dodgy spell, there is no getting away from that.
However he has had spells like this before, as all strikers do but he will stick one away and go on another run of scoring goals, as all strikers do.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on February 27, 2019, 06:55:22 pm by drfchound »

What chances?

We had plenty of chances to score in the second half.
Are you now saying we didn’t.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on February 27, 2019, 06:58:23 pm by dickos1 »
Come on hound
This bloke has said numerous times we created no chances last night and now he’s saying he watched in dismay how we couldn’t convert any of our chances.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on February 27, 2019, 07:01:38 pm by drfchound »
Come on hound
This bloke has said numerous times we created no chances last night and now he’s saying he watched in dismay how we couldn’t convert any of our chances.

Yes, he had admitted that.
I thought you had changed your mind from earlier in the thread.
Oh well..........

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on February 27, 2019, 08:09:29 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Same old?

Must be a shite league then, given that we're 6th with a game in hand.

Give me bleeding strength.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on February 27, 2019, 09:18:23 pm by NickDRFC »
Come on hound

Yes, he had admitted that.
I thought you had changed your mind from earlier in the thread.
Oh well..........

Bit of a whoooosh moment 😜

TinyPortal © 2005-2012