Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 10, 2024, 03:50:29 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Ryan Mason  (Read 2023 times)

Shawndrfc

• Forum Member
Ryan Mason
« on August 14, 2010, 06:07:44 pm by Shawndrfc »
Thought this lad had a great game today, he worked really hard and showed some quality at times. On this performance I wouldn't mind having him on a season long loan.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

VikingJames

Re:Ryan Mason
« Reply #1 on August 14, 2010, 06:08:55 pm by VikingJames »
Agree. I think he needs to play down the middle in the next game - he was alot more effective there than wide right.

redarmi66

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on August 14, 2010, 06:10:58 pm by redarmi66 »
excellent game - very good prospect - would like to see him stay longer

billywhitehurst

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on August 14, 2010, 06:12:39 pm by billywhitehurst »
Talented without a doubt, but still alot to learn.  He driffted in and out of the game as did Payne on Tuesday.  Any time he had the ball he used it well, but we'll just end up bringing him to a point where he's ready to be an influential player and he'll go back to his club.  It doesn't help the Rovers.

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on August 14, 2010, 06:15:20 pm by Lesonthewest »
The lad was excellent today, worked very hard, good on the ball, & was Man of the Match for me. To get him on a longer deal would great business.

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on August 14, 2010, 06:20:35 pm by DonnyNoel »
Started very cautiously and let the other players advance beyond him but extremely good on the ball and grew in influence as the game went on.

DRFC MYERS

« Reply #6 on August 14, 2010, 06:23:30 pm by DRFC MYERS »
I noticed that in the 1st half jimmy got further forward than ryan.

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on August 14, 2010, 06:27:39 pm by Superspy »
jimmy gets further forward than most, lol.

in all seriousness though, i think mason looked really good, i felt like i was being a bit \"over excited\" when i heard about the signing with him being an england under 19 (?) and scoring so many for tottenham etc... but having seen him play today i think my excitement was well-founded.

he did come more into the game as it went on, and i think he looked better in the middle than on the wing...all i can say is if thats what he can do when he doesnt really know the lads all that well and hasn't had chance to gel with them all, i'm looking forward to what he can do in a few games time.

SkellowRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on August 14, 2010, 06:40:38 pm by SkellowRover »
Promising debut, drifted in and out of the game too much i thought when he was on the right but when he was in the centre he looked excellent.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on August 14, 2010, 06:43:56 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
He has lots of skill and ability on the ball and what he did with it was very good 8/10 for that.

However, what he does off the ball is just as important.  He drifted out of the game a lot and was far too wide when he needed to come for the ball.  Potential but he didn't get at the Bristol defence, just look at the difference when Copps came on.

Now before I get shouted down, I don't think it was solely his fault but the tactics.  Shiels and Mason looked quite similar, both wanted to come inside and we needed someone to get past the full back.  Probably more about the balance of the team but I'm not sure Shiels/Mason can play at the same time, maybe too similar.

He'll improve though and he does have ability, but SOD needs to teach him how to play within our team and that's only going to come with more time with us.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012