Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 10, 2024, 04:06:13 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Ryan Mason  (Read 3105 times)

Yorkshire Lad

• Forum Member
Ryan Mason
« on September 01, 2010, 01:57:41 pm by Yorkshire Lad »
Has this young lad headed back to Spurs now? Would like to see him keep put for rest of the season from what i have seen of him from the Bristol game he was very impressive.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

snods big brother

Re:Ryan Mason
« Reply #1 on September 01, 2010, 04:22:20 pm by snods big brother »
I think he makes an excellent backup to the midfield 4 or 5!

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on September 01, 2010, 04:28:13 pm by wing commander »
TBH he looked very much out of his depth to contribute at this level,nothing against his ability but i think he would be better playing at a lower level at this stage of his carear.The next 3 years will dictate wether he makes the big time or not so another run in div2 will give him a chance to standout.

rtid88

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on September 01, 2010, 04:49:28 pm by rtid88 »
Wing Commander, have you actually seen this lad play, he looked awesome against Bristol City, Man of the Match by a long way and looked very comfortable when he came on against Hull on Saturday. A definite to keep for the rest of the season in case of any injuries to Copps, Oster or Woods.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on September 01, 2010, 07:11:45 pm by RoversAlias »
He looked 'awesome'!? Man of the match by a long way!? What!?

He looked alright, but he wasn't in the game enough and then was completely anonymous at Cardiff. If he's gone back we aren't missing anything.

Shawndrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on September 01, 2010, 08:41:38 pm by Shawndrfc »
I agree with rtid88, he looked really good against city and said he could of got the man of the match award. Hopefully we will get him for the rest of the season.

Branton Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on September 01, 2010, 08:53:21 pm by Branton Rover »
I also think he's excellent just the quality & the depth of our midfield currently is awesome meaning he won't force his way in at the moment.  Get him out on loan play some games he'll come back fitter & raring to go everybody wins.  I really rate him, remember still only very young looks like he's got a bright future ahead of him hopefully with us

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on September 01, 2010, 08:56:46 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
He did play well v Bristol although he faded but you could say that about our other players too.

Not seen enough of Josh Payne or him to decide how they would figure when surrounded by our better players.

Similar with Jordan Mutch last season. Think they could all would fit in well with Oster, Stock, Copps etc. around them.

Of the three to date I think Jordan Mutch has the most potential as an all round midfielder as he could tackle,  get up and down and had an eye for goal.

Mason certainly has an eye for goal but not sure about doing the mucky bits.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on September 01, 2010, 09:00:32 pm by Alan Southstand »
I think he provided cover for Oster, but I'm not sure he'll be needed now. Its not what we need.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on September 01, 2010, 09:17:47 pm by Jonathan »
How harsh for people to write him off already!

He's a young lad, he showed a lot of promise against Bristol, I didn't go to Cardiff so I can't comment on that one, either way that's only two 'part' games and he's just a kid in new surroundings so it's far far too early to pass judgement. I saw enough talent, technique and awareness in the Bristol game to know he has the potential to be a good player, he's here on a loan deal similar to Mutch where he doesn't have to play every game but I think he will have a part to play over the course of time. In interview he sounded like an intelligent lad with the right attitude, give him the chance to settle and make an impact.

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on September 02, 2010, 12:11:34 am by CusworthRovers »
Personally, I have no argument in bringing in loans for cover, but what floats my boat are the loans that will be better than what we have already and cement a place in the side or are brought in to play as much as possible. In recent times that would be JET, Billy, Mills, Stock.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on September 02, 2010, 01:47:45 am by RoversAlias »
Jonathan wrote:
How harsh for people to write him off already!

He's a young lad, he showed a lot of promise against Bristol, I didn't go to Cardiff so I can't comment on that one, either way that's only two 'part' games and he's just a kid in new surroundings so it's far far too early to pass judgement. I saw enough talent, technique and awareness in the Bristol game to know he has the potential to be a good player, he's here on a loan deal similar to Mutch where he doesn't have to play every game but I think he will have a part to play over the course of time. In interview he sounded like an intelligent lad with the right attitude, give him the chance to settle and make an impact.

I'm not writing him off, merely disagreeing with the statement that he was brilliant against Bristol. He wasn't, he looked promising in the first half and in short spells but didn't offer a great deal significant to the play. If he has gone then fine, I don't think we need him, if he is staying fine because we need as many squad members as we can get, since we are so susceptible to injuries.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on September 02, 2010, 12:15:44 pm by wing commander »
I agree Alias,he is a very good player no doubt about it.However we have a budget and i cant see him getting a regular game here and we  need players who can slot in straightaway and this lad has an awful lot to learn.He was ok against Bristol but for me put a lot of effort in the wrong areas and was inconspicuos in his other appearances.We play CHAMPIONSHIP football the times when we could afford to play a raw kid are now limited unless they are exceptional and im afraid at the minute he offers us nothing differant to what we have.I am sure he will mature into a very good player.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012