Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 10:51:03 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Rowan Vine  (Read 11779 times)

Buzzberry

• Forum Member
Rowan Vine
« on August 03, 2011, 04:00:38 pm by Buzzberry »
Not staying just said on his twitter!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

mushRTID

• Forum Member
Re: Rowan Vine
« Reply #1 on August 03, 2011, 04:04:04 pm by mushRTID »
Sounds like we have f**ked him around big time.

Feel very sorry for him, keeping him that long then letting him go 3 days before the season starts.

his quotes

Hello peeps bad news on the donny front..some very bad reasons as too why they didn't do the deal but I will remain respectful..

I've become a punchbag for the world of football..lucky I'm built of strong stuff eh.

Buzzberry

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on August 03, 2011, 04:05:20 pm by Buzzberry »
aslrowanvine Aslrowanvine
I honestly must be seeing different things these days..enjoyed my 4 WEEKS at donny and don't believe I couldve done more...#mustbedelusional

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on August 03, 2011, 04:06:31 pm by hoolahoop »
Quote from: \"mushRTID\" post=171909
Sounds like we have f**ked him around big time.

Feel very sorry for him, keeping him that long then letting him go 3 days before the season starts.

his quotes

Hello peeps bad news on the donny front..some very bad reasons as too why they didn't do the deal but I will remain respectful..

I've become a punchbag for the world of football..lucky I'm built of strong stuff eh.

Hmmmm not like us , are we ready to sign a.n.other do you think ? Feel sorry for Vine though but he will find a club soon enough who will be grateful for his services.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on August 03, 2011, 04:08:13 pm by mushRTID »
Quote from: \"Buzzberry\" post=171910
aslrowanvine Aslrowanvine
I honestly must be seeing different things these days..enjoyed my 4 WEEKS at donny and don't believe I couldve done more...#mustbedelusional

Notice how he has put weeks in capitals, he seems really pissed off and rightly so.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on August 03, 2011, 04:08:58 pm by Filo »
A bit harsh on the lad really, 4 weeks we`ve had him on trial and he`s played a part in every pre season game and then to tell him we don`t want him 2 days before the season starts, it`s a bit shite, especially when we hear SOD constantly banging on about being fair to the players!

Diar

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on August 03, 2011, 04:10:26 pm by Diar »
Dont like it when we behave badly but could this be to free up wages for... you know who?

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on August 03, 2011, 04:10:45 pm by mushRTID »
Agree Filo, and 'doing to the right thing'.

Redandwhitewhizards

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on August 03, 2011, 04:17:41 pm by Redandwhitewhizards »
To be fair to the club though, we are only hearing one side of the story. So'D isn't the type of person to royally f**k someone off with no real reason...

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on August 03, 2011, 04:19:21 pm by mushRTID »
Quote from: \"Redandwhitewhizards\" post=171917
To be fair to the club though, we are only hearing one side of the story. So'D isn't the type of person to royally f**k someone off with no real reason...

True, but if there was a reason good enough to f**k someone off, surely it doesnt take 4 weeks to find it.

All that game time he had could have gone to a youth teamer or extra time for the other players.

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on August 03, 2011, 04:26:29 pm by albie »
Seems harsh, because if we thought he did not add anything we would have said no thanks earlier and allowed him to find another club.

Guess its down to money, if QPR were prepared to pick up some of his wages then why not a 3 month deal, like Naylor, to see how it panned out.

jbdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on August 03, 2011, 04:31:19 pm by jbdrfc »
if he signs for another championship club he could come back and have a storming game, could be something to regret

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on August 03, 2011, 04:39:35 pm by Filo »
A bit harsh on the lad really, 4 weeks we`ve had him on trial and he`s played a part in every pre season game and then to tell him we don`t want him 2 days before the season starts, it`s a bit shite, especially when we hear SOD constantly banging on about being fair to the players!

ScillyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on August 03, 2011, 04:39:52 pm by ScillyRover »
Looking even more likely that 'the man who should not be named' (who incidentally has a hair do not unlike Jason Price) might be joining us.:woot:

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on August 03, 2011, 04:45:00 pm by dknward2 »
Who knows maybe qpr may have said we will let you have him for x pounds a week then come back saying that they want x+ pounds a week we say no and it's bye bye mr vine

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on August 03, 2011, 04:48:19 pm by MachoMadness »
He seems genuinely gutted about it, it's a shame as I would've loved to have seen him here. He looked handy in the friendlies. But from what he says it doesn't sound like we bothered offering him anything and just chinned him off after a full pre-season.

I know SO'D will say we gave him a proper pre-season but it looks like he had his heart set on coming. No chance of getting him on loan after we've pissed him about either. A big shame but hopefully it's all counting towards Mr. X signing soon.

Diar

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on August 03, 2011, 04:50:50 pm by Diar »
The point is that GB only came into the picture last week.  Maybe RV was on the verge of getting an offer when the chance to get a better player came along, and we couldnt afford to pay both.
Could be wrong, of course.

benaldo

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on August 03, 2011, 04:54:41 pm by benaldo »
To be honest, I kind of like knowing that the club has done this. It is no different to the \"old days\" where the clubs actually ran the football, not the overpaid players. Vine will have zero problem in finding a club and continuing his good pay packet. Thank god Rovers have taken control of the matter and not given him a job out of \"good will\" because there are very few players out there who ever show it to the clubs.

So what if they \"messed him about\", he had a long job interview, wasn't successful, so be it. We need to get away from thinking footballers are untouchable gods...they aren't. They are at best very well paid young men with questionable intellect and questionable (in some cases) morals. I've no sympathy for the life of a championship or premiership footballer.

It's time the clubs took back control away from the players.......

redbrez

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on August 03, 2011, 05:08:47 pm by redbrez »
sure i read qpr were financing his loan deal? if so it doesn't make me any more optimistic about signing jason price

benaldo

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on August 03, 2011, 05:11:08 pm by benaldo »
You mean THE jason Price? As in the Afro Goal Machine??? Now that has (or As) got me puzzled...

To be honest, if Price did return, that would show the bloody limit to Rovers aspirations - league 1

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on August 03, 2011, 05:23:33 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Quote from: \"benaldo\" post=171943
You mean THE jason Price? As in the Afro Goal Machine??? Now that has (or As) got me puzzled...

To be honest, if Price did return, that would show the bloody limit to Rovers aspirations - league 1

Oh dear.

The new Afro goal machine is a better option IMO.  Whether it's harsh on Vine or not I'm unsure.  He's played, trained and got fit.  He didn't score any goals when he did play either.  I liked him though, but as I said in a previous post do we need another striker?  I don't think we do.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on August 03, 2011, 05:36:39 pm by steve@dcfd »
If qpr are paying all his wages which is suggested then there is no reason why Sean would say no; to either a short term deal or longer. We have only 16 players available at the moment. Therefore money must have come into it and Dave Morris and John Ryan the holders of the purse strings must have said no. So blaming Sean again for the board prioritising the money is wrong.

silvesterp

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on August 03, 2011, 05:40:45 pm by silvesterp »
vine would have been a good signing but if the chance to sign our afro friend has cropped up and they cant afford both then its a no brainer right decision made. shame that vine feels let down by us but surely the management have to do whats right for the club. hope this is the case anyway

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on August 03, 2011, 05:46:28 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
We'll never know the ins and outs, personally I'm sick of all these footballers whinging about stuff, they're hardly on the bread line and still have contracts.

Decisions are made that's for sure but I find it unproffesional to be whinging about it.

Though I might be tweeting about not having an answer on a job I interviewed for last week ;)

Wade Falana

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on August 03, 2011, 05:57:48 pm by Wade Falana »
Sounds geniunly gutted on twitter. Just put \"the loan deal was ridiculously kind money wise\"

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on August 03, 2011, 06:09:18 pm by wing commander »
Yes he is quite upset claims it was nothing to do with performance or fitness but bad reasons,and like what has been said the deal apparentldy was ridiculously kind money wise and its left a bad taste..
    Bit gutted tbh for me he is a quality player and i cant think why weve turned him down..my own opinion is hes a better player than brown but there you go.

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on August 03, 2011, 06:09:20 pm by Dutch Uncle »
Remembering the point made by The Red Baron on another thread that maybe Vine was being kept hanging in case we received an offer we can't refuse for Billy, maybe either we are now sure of keeping Billy, or we are now very vulnerable to the consequences of a large bid. Either way it is horribly unfair to Rowan.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on August 03, 2011, 06:15:43 pm by wing commander »
Also forget anymore loans from qpr who have just been lumbered..

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on August 03, 2011, 06:19:04 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Does seem unfair if we have kept him hanging on and it seems unSODlike however, if SOD has to be ruthless, then from the other signings we have made Vine was possibly the weakest link/most expendable.

As I eluded to in a previous post, had we have signed him, injuries aside, how many games would he be part? Especially being limited to 3 from 5 subs. We have more good attacking options than we have had for a long time.

NorthNorfolkRover

« Reply #29 on August 03, 2011, 06:35:37 pm by NorthNorfolkRover »
You think he could have managed at least one goal against lower league opposition tho

TinyPortal © 2005-2012