Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 10:49:17 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Let's talk about the Blackpool game  (Read 5615 times)

selby

• VSC Member
Let's talk about the Blackpool game
« on August 26, 2018, 09:54:13 am by selby »
  A midweek cup game at home against a team that
 has  some fans who refuse to watch their side play while owned by their present owners.
  Take into consideration some of our fans don't really go to some of the cup games, especially against unattractive teams ( sorry Blackpool, not my personal opinion)  so I expect a smaller crowd than usual.
   Their team seems to have been made up of players who other teams have been reluctant to sign over the last few seasons, and they  have a big turnover of players every new season, as well as managers,who seem to get tired of battling the situation they find themselves in with the owners, we have much to be thankful of  with our owners if you compare the two.
  All that does not make the game less important, with a potential money spinning game at stake in the next round, plus gaining supporter interest in the club.
  I expect us to put out a strong side with not that many changes if the game at Scunthorpe is anything to go by, probably just one or two players and anyone who is carrying a  a knock.
   How do you see this game?
   In players like Delfouneso, Blackpool have some experienced dangerous players, can we overcome them?
   Can our strike force get back to scoring a few goals?
    Who would you rest in this game?
    Will our latest loan player be involved?
    Can we at last win against Blackpool at the KM.
    Can we, like last year get through and get an attractive side in the next round?
  Lots of interesting things to discuss about this game, please have your say.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
Re: Let's talk about the Blackpool game
« Reply #1 on August 26, 2018, 10:01:04 am by Donnywolf »
If I read GM correctly he said something like Rovers would go into every Game trying to win it.

He fielded an almost unchanged (strong) Team against Scunny and that was away of course so I feel he will do much the same this time round because the big 6 will be included next Round and who would not want a return to The Emirates *

We will beat Blacky comfortably if we take even a low percentage of the chances we will create and it will make my 250 word report easy to write !

*Maybe not Terry the Bollard hitting Coach Driver (poor bugger)
« Last Edit: August 26, 2018, 10:34:58 am by Donnywolf »

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on August 26, 2018, 10:01:42 am by Chris Black come back »
Strong side again for me. We have a good squad so we should not be afraid to put out a strong line up and push hard to progress. I do not think we have conceded at home this season yet so want to win to build home record of real strength.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on August 26, 2018, 10:02:11 am by Chris Black come back »
Marosi to start.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on August 26, 2018, 10:05:23 am by The Red Baron »
I doubt the team will be much different, although I think either Tommy or Copps will start.

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on August 26, 2018, 10:29:08 am by Dare to dream! »
Rest Rowe and play copps

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on August 26, 2018, 10:36:21 am by Donnywolf »
Marosi to start.

No the Red Cards DO apparantly cross competition boundaries whereas the Yellows dont so MM is unavailable

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on August 26, 2018, 11:20:03 am by drfchound »
Marosi to start.

No the Red Cards DO apparantly cross competition boundaries whereas the Yellows dont so MM is unavailable

The good news then is that Marco can play on Saturday.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on August 26, 2018, 12:43:35 pm by selby »
  We had a good away following at Scunthorpe, could it be that the visit to Arsenal invigorated our supporters Appetite for the competition, or was it just because of it being a local derby in the last round.
  Certainly the way we are playing is attractive to watch, and if we do start to regularly start to take our chances we can become strong contenders for a play off position.
   It seems to be lost in the frustration of seeing us dominate for long periods yesterday, and not converting our play into goals, that we were actually playing an unbeaten form team, and one of the most fancied teams for promotion, which if we carry on in the same vein means we have no need to fear anyone at our level.
  Blackpool will be a different test, building their results so far this season  on not giving much away, with a good goalkeeper and a mean defence, while at the other end, although being regularly outplayed percentage wise for possession, have a disproportionate number of shots at goal, so will need to be watched, and kept at arms length.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on August 26, 2018, 02:42:00 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
I think he'll play strongest team possible, if true that Marosi can use the cup as his suspension then that's a no brainer.

Again, I would keep Copps on the bench. He may bring in Anderson or Rowe in the middle 3 and put Blair in the front 3. Blair and Wilks should be able to stretch any defence with intelligent runs.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on August 26, 2018, 02:57:58 pm by selby »
  I would like to see our own Anderson given some game time in central defence in a game like this.
   We will have to be strong down the middle in this game, and Wright and Butler have had some bruising games  physically. Perhaps if we can get a good lead in the game, it will be easier to give players on the fringe game time.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on August 26, 2018, 02:58:21 pm by steve@dcfd »
Like you DBR will GM play his strongest side.

Lawlor for Marosi.

Anderson for Wright or Butler.

Anderson for Blair

Blair for Wilkes or May.

Or play all three and rest Marquis to the bench.

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on August 26, 2018, 03:36:25 pm by Retdon1 »
I think with us being at home and having a very tough game next Saturday he will make a few changers. Idd guess at something like this

Lawlor
Mason
Wright
Anderson
Amos

Kane
Anderson
Blair

Taylor
Wilkes
Copps

Could be totally wrong mind

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on August 26, 2018, 06:04:31 pm by Campsall rover »
I think with us being at home and having a very tough game next Saturday he will make a few changers. Idd guess at something like this

Lawlor
Mason
Wright
Anderson
Amos

Kane
Anderson
Blair

Taylor
Wilkes
Copps

Please swop Copps and Blair. Blair simply is not a midfielder in a narrow 3 in a 4 yes yes yes.
Copps is out of the game too much in a front 3 and needs to be in a position to influence the game.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on August 26, 2018, 07:07:14 pm by steve@dcfd »

Lawlor
Mason
Wright
Anderson
Amos

Kane
Anderson
Blair

Taylor
Wilkes
Copps

Amos is injured and not be available for at least a week

andysly

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on August 26, 2018, 10:26:26 pm by andysly »
It would be an odd decision to play a strong side in the 1st round and a weaker one in the 2nd.
GM has put his cards on the table and is aiming to win the cup   :scarf: :crying:

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on August 26, 2018, 10:28:19 pm by Retdon1 »

Lawlor
Mason
Wright
Anderson
Amos

Kane
Anderson
Blair

Taylor
Wilkes
Copps

Please swop Copps and Blair. Blair simply is not a midfielder in a narrow 3 in a 4 yes yes yes.
Copps is out of the game too much in a front 3 and needs to be in a position to influence the game.

I would be in total agreement with that, I was just going on where GM has played them both so far this season

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on August 27, 2018, 01:16:26 pm by selby »
  How do Blackpool do it? Howard the goalkeeper,O'Conner, Henegan,Turton and Gnanduillet are all good experienced players at this level, so are no pushovers whatsoever. They are always hard to beat, and start off everyone's favourites for relegation, their fans are split on whether to actually go to games to support the team, and all of them hate the owners with a passion.
  And yet year in year out they come here, frustrate us, score goals within seconds of us taking a lead, score winners within seconds of the end of the game, and must have the best record of any away team who come to the Keepmoat on a regular basis, even their youth team played us off the park in the youth cup last season.
  It has to stop sometime.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on August 27, 2018, 06:47:51 pm by Campsall rover »
It would be an odd decision to play a strong side in the 1st round and a weaker one in the 2nd.
GM has put his cards on the table and is aiming to win the cup   :scarf: :crying:
Why not both QPR in 1967 and Swindon in 1969 did it as 3rd tier sides.
Wembley it is then.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on August 27, 2018, 08:13:55 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Why not both QPR in 1967 and Swindon in 1969 did it as 3rd tier sides.
Wembley it is then.
It'd be one small step for this squad.

I shan't apollogise for that.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on August 27, 2018, 08:18:59 pm by steve@dcfd »
If he’s going to play Wilkes start him on the left his natural foot.
Copps or Taylor if fit can play on the right or even Blair.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on August 28, 2018, 10:56:20 am by Filo »

He's played on the right so he can cut in and get a shot away with his natural foot, playing on the left if he cuts in he is on his weaker foot

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on August 28, 2018, 01:01:55 pm by RoversAlias »
Aye, the days of left-footed players playing on the left flank has gone. Football no longer involves much running to the byline and putting a cross in, not from wingers anyway. It's all cut-backs and incisive inside runs.

Bale plays on the right, so does Messi. They're both left-footed.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on August 28, 2018, 01:14:55 pm by steve@dcfd »

He's played on the right so he can cut in and get a shot away with his natural foot, playing on the left if he cuts in he is on his weaker foot
Last three games he has not been allowed to do that all I’m saying is and I do understand up to date football is change it like he did in the first three games.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on August 28, 2018, 01:21:15 pm by RobTheRover »
I fancy a tight 2-1 tonight.  Blackpool will be no pushover, but i think we will create enough chances.

Is it extra time and pens if a draw at 90 mins, btw?  Have they knocked replays in the early rounds on the head now?

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on August 28, 2018, 01:22:25 pm by RobTheRover »
Ah, straight to pens.  Found it.

EFL Cup matches will now go straight to penalty kicks if the scores are level after 90 minutes to reduce "additional fatigue issues"

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on August 28, 2018, 01:37:12 pm by steve@dcfd »
Aye, the days of left-footed players playing on the left flank has gone. Football no longer involves much running to the byline and putting a cross in, not from wingers anyway. It's all cut-backs and incisive inside runs.

Bale plays on the right, so does Messi. They're both left-footed.
Yes but if we had Messi or Bale or Salah playing on the right in our Front three it would not be Doncaster Rovers Nil for the last three games.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2018, 01:51:10 pm by steve@dcfd »

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on August 28, 2018, 01:59:38 pm by RoversAlias »
I know that, I wasn't on about the quality but more the effectiveness. Wilks will do better playing on the right. It's certainly good to switch it in games at times, keep the opposition guessing and keep our attacking fresh but Wilks will do the most damage playing on the right I feel.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on August 28, 2018, 02:05:13 pm by steve@dcfd »
But the last three games he hardly switched that was my point so he’s been worked out and blocked off, especially when he gets tired. Variation would be better.

walter the red

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on August 28, 2018, 03:19:44 pm by walter the red »
Can anyone tell me how much the tickets are for Blackpool game a nd can we pay on the turnstiles . Many thanks

TinyPortal © 2005-2012