Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 05:48:36 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Let's talk about the Blackpool game  (Read 5617 times)

RedJ

• Forum Member
Re: Let's talk about the Blackpool game
« Reply #30 on August 28, 2018, 03:28:55 pm by RedJ »
£10 for adults I'm fairly sure. Can pay on the turnstile for the south stand, otherwise ticket office.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on August 28, 2018, 04:50:33 pm by drfchound »
£10 for adults I'm fairly sure. Can pay on the turnstile for the south stand, otherwise ticket office.

£5 for the more experienced amongst us.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on August 28, 2018, 06:32:49 pm by steve@dcfd »
Liam Hoden is back tonight having been on Holiday. Before he went away we scored 8 goals in three games. While he has been on holiday we haven’t scored in the next three games. So let’s see he can describe a goal for us tonight.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on August 28, 2018, 06:50:45 pm by steve@dcfd »
So tonight No Marquis, No Wilkes, No Kane, No Butler, No Coppinger at all in the squad.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on August 28, 2018, 06:53:10 pm by NickDRFC »
So tonight No Marquis, No Wilkes, No Kane, No Butler, No Coppinger at all in the squad.

Pretty disappointed with that, we may still win but we are risking it a bit.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on August 28, 2018, 07:13:00 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Well, we'll see how ready the peripheral players are and thus an indicator as to the strength of the squad.

Debut for Anderson and more game time for... Anderson!

The debate rages about May and no doubt it will continue after tonight but at least he should be well prepared to make a mark tonight. I don't think many question his effort, it's his ability to stick the ball away that matters and whether he is a threat throughout the game.

GM has taken a risk tonight but let's hope we're in the hat at the end of it!

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on August 28, 2018, 07:17:43 pm by steve@dcfd »
Well, we'll see how ready the peripheral players are and thus an indicator as to the strength of the squad.

The debate rages about May and no doubt it will continue after tonight but at least he should be well prepared to make a mark tonight. I don't think many question his effort, it's his ability to stick the ball away that matters and whether he is a threat throughout the game.

We will also see how the defence is without Butler, how the midfield three are without Kane, head shoulders the best midfield player. The risk for me is not having any of the players on the bench.

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on August 28, 2018, 07:34:05 pm by dknward2 »
Bit worried that we have left them out completely I know they are ok but seems silly not to have them available if needs be.

Seems like GM is not bothered if we win or lose

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on August 28, 2018, 07:38:25 pm by scawsby steve »

We will also see how the defence is without Butler, how the midfield three are without Kane, head shoulders the best midfield player. The risk for me is not having any of the players on the bench.

I agree with that Steve; Blackpool have also made 5 changes, but 3 of their better players left out, Delfouneso, Cullen, and Dodoo, are all on the bench.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on August 29, 2018, 08:31:41 am by selby »
   It is a long time since I have gone to a game and come out so disillusioned,  a pathetic show that threw the chance of building on a decent start to the season, with the chance of the club earning a good pay day drawing an attractive side in the next round.
   I have waited until today hoping I could see anything good apart from Alfie May's performance in the game, but I feel even more frustrated.
   Another year when we have chucked money down the drain.
  It showed everybody how shallow in depth our squad is, and in my opinion, if quite a few players on show last night are better players than McCullough and Mandeville god help us the rest of the season.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on August 29, 2018, 08:40:58 am by Donnywolf »
Got to agree with you esecially on the wasted opportunity to progress

Sure they came with a strong 11 and their others "rested" were still on the bench if needed

We hammered Scunny playing a "full strength" Team and it seems a waste to have thrown that win and the chance of another Arsenal night (and money) away.

I had predicted a 3-0 Rovers win before I saw the Teams but knew withing the first 5 Minutes that my prediction was doomed as BFC would score at least one goal. They should have had a first on 8 minutes

Our tactics were it seemed to me either to lump hopeful high Balls to our smallest Player who was outjumped by their towering Centre Back - although technically he did not need to jump for most - or try to play around them which we did not seem to be capaable of doing

Never mind we may have rested the right Players to go to Posh and show them what they may have missed when letting GM go

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on August 29, 2018, 08:41:40 am by steve@dcfd »
Selby I have my doubts about players in our squad but you are right if we can’t bring in players of better quality than what we had I see no point.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on August 29, 2018, 04:16:11 pm by scawsby steve »
   It is a long time since I have gone to a game and come out so disillusioned,  a pathetic show that threw the chance of building on a decent start to the season, with the chance of the club earning a good pay day drawing an attractive side in the next round.
   I have waited until today hoping I could see anything good apart from Alfie May's performance in the game, but I feel even more frustrated.
   Another year when we have chucked money down the drain.
  It showed everybody how shallow in depth our squad is, and in my opinion, if quite a few players on show last night are better players than McCullough and Mandeville god help us the rest of the season.

A fair bit of ranting there Brian. Who exactly are you blaming, GM?, Baldwin?, the board?.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on August 29, 2018, 04:34:41 pm by selby »
  The players primarily, they had very little pride in representing this club, were disjointed and looked like they were thrown together, which they  were, for which I blame the manager.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on August 29, 2018, 04:52:59 pm by scawsby steve »
  The players primarily, they had very little pride in representing this club, were disjointed and looked like they were thrown together, which they  were, for which I blame the manager.

Wow, only 7 games in and the new manager's getting stick. For what it's worth, I find it a little concerning that we're on a winless run of 4 games, and have only scored one goal during that run. Winless runs become a habit; just ask Fergie.

However, it's too early to panic and start slating the manager. Let's see who the new player's going to be, and keep our fingers crossed.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012