Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 05:23:37 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Let's talk about the Fleetwood game  (Read 14852 times)

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
Re: Let's talk about the Fleetwood game
« Reply #150 on August 17, 2019, 09:50:43 pm by Colin C No.3 »
I fear that the cowardly thug that is Joey Barton & his team of time wasters, niggly foulers & off the ball assaulters may yet again bully their way to a result unless.......

I was wrong on only one count, WE got the result!

However, I was right about the almost ‘comical’ way in which they wasted time with their players dropping to the floor after they’d gone 1-0 up. Sometimes two at a time! And were ‘allowed’ to push this to the max by a weak referee.

It took until the 3rd time that Alfie May was ‘taken out’ before the ref acted.

And didn’t Copps make the most of that final dead ball situation!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

winegums

• Forum Member
« Reply #151 on August 17, 2019, 09:56:32 pm by winegums »
Like how there player that hit the foam advertising board went down like it was made of steel

NewDonny

• Forum Member
« Reply #152 on August 17, 2019, 10:06:18 pm by NewDonny »
Most of the compulsive negative threaders have vanished this evening. Strange that isn’t it.

Well a brilliant 3 points that we didn’t look like getting as I thought we ran out of steam a little bit in the last 15 mins.
Not surprising though due to the effort, commitment and pace of the game.
Coppinger what can you say, he is like a vintage wine. That goal if it had been scored by Kane, Salah or Aguero would be shown over & over again and would have been the talk of the weekend.

There is a lot of talent in this squad, patience is needed again because football perfection never happened in a hurry.
We are now looking a very potent force and one or 2 more additions still will make us a serious force in this league.

Special mention for Cameron John who was outstanding and Alfie May who has undoubtedly improved under DM’s management.
His work rate was never in question but now his first touch is better and his passing and overall awareness is on a different level to last season. If he could start to score goals as well then he will become a very good player at this level.
I said before the match he shouldn’t start but i take that back on today’s showing because if he can contribute enough to other players scoring 3 goals then that is an end product in itself.

The future is looking very bright indeed and i think all the gloom and doom merchants will suddenly start to go very quiet on here.
Wouldn’t that be just bliss.  :clapping:

Agreed, an excellent result and not a negative poster extolling doom and gloom in sight!

5 on Tour

• Forum Member
« Reply #153 on August 17, 2019, 10:09:49 pm by 5 on Tour »
Like how there player that hit the foam advertising board went down like it was made of steel

Not defending him but the board he hit was actually steel. Although he held his head when he hit it with his back so still a muppet. Glad he was alright though nice finish for our winner...  :)

5 on Tour

• Forum Member
« Reply #154 on August 17, 2019, 10:27:01 pm by 5 on Tour »

Not defending him but the board he hit was actually steel. Although he held his head when he hit it with his back so still a muppet. Glad he was alright though nice finish for our winner...  :)
No the advertising boards are not made of steel, they are plastic, designed not to hurt anyone sliding into them.

The front sheet is plastic but the frame is metal and from the East Stand in that corner he did seem to hit the frame.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #155 on August 17, 2019, 11:04:27 pm by SydneyRover »
That result would have stung Fleetwood as they would have been third with a win.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/49302412

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #156 on August 18, 2019, 11:53:53 am by Lesonthewest »
Really enjoyed the game & thought we played some excellent stuff at times, well done Rovers.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012