Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 12:36:13 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Let's talk about the Fleetwood game  (Read 14858 times)

the vicar

• Forum Member
Re: Let's talk about the Fleetwood game
« Reply #30 on August 14, 2019, 09:21:33 pm by the vicar »
Err just a minute I did say missed chances did I not, and you fail to mention the awful pass for there goal or did you miss that, if you take off the red and white blinkers you would see a whole different game
« Last Edit: August 14, 2019, 09:36:29 pm by the vicar »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on August 14, 2019, 09:28:29 pm by the vicar »
I’m talking about all the games not just Grimsby to be fair I wasn’t there but I’ve heard we were by far the better side.
yes we did batter them, but you get nothing for taking a team apart if we don't score, you can be the best footballing side in the world, but I'd you make defencive mistakes like last night

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on August 14, 2019, 09:49:22 pm by selby »
 New Donny, I agree with those players being fit is a big plus if they remain so and important to the team. But every team needs players to stay fit. The concern is that we do not have consistent goal scorers at the club at the moment apart from possibly  Sadlier.
  I know it is harping on the same subject, but we do need  at least one player with presence and a goal scoring record to come in, and even better two being greedy.
  I am hoping for a good news Free Press Thursday.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on August 14, 2019, 09:52:31 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
I’m talking about all the games not just Grimsby to be fair I wasn’t there but I’ve heard we were by far the better side.
yes we did batter them, but you get nothing for taking a team apart if we don't score, you can be the best footballing side in the world, but I'd you make defencive mistakes like last night

But weren't you saying our defending is our main problem? Sorry I might of miss read but I was just saying our only real problem is at the top of the pitch and problems we have in midfield or defence are pretty minor

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on August 14, 2019, 09:55:03 pm by Chris Black come back »
Their ground holds 1/3 of Keepmoat but they haven’t half spent some money. Strong squad they have and Barton will be on decent money I imagine.

drfcsteve

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on August 14, 2019, 09:56:23 pm by drfcsteve »
We don't fill the Keepmoat though.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on August 14, 2019, 09:58:56 pm by Chris Black come back »
It was a rough comparison. I doubt they fill their (tiny) ground either.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on August 14, 2019, 09:59:25 pm by the vicar »

But weren't you saying our defending is our main problem? Sorry I might of miss read but I was just saying our only real problem is at the top of the pitch and problems we have in midfield or defence are pretty minor
eerr no I didn't say that at all or meanthat, I just said about the dreadful pass that lead to there goal other than that the defence was fine you realy should read and understand what people are putting

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on August 14, 2019, 10:01:53 pm by the vicar »
Their ground holds 1/3 of Keepmoat but they haven’t half spent some money. Strong squad they have and Barton will be on decent money I imagine.
but will fare play come in to what they have spent

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on August 14, 2019, 10:08:13 pm by Campsall rover »
I'm going to the Keepmoat to see us win, can't think of Barton going to put one over us again, McCann couldn't beat him, Moore will.
Now that’s what i call positive thinking and if the players think the same we have more than a good chance of winning.   :woohoo:

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on August 14, 2019, 10:11:00 pm by Campsall rover »
0 - 2  and one will be a Danny Andrew free kick
Shock horror.

NewDonny

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on August 14, 2019, 10:33:04 pm by NewDonny »

We were by far the better side but just could not finish the chances we created, some poor efforts on goal but their keeper also made some excellent saves.

NewDonny

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on August 14, 2019, 10:39:04 pm by NewDonny »
From what I’ve seen/heard the only goals we conceded have been a bit innocuous and unlucky. Defence is really not our problem and neither is midfield were one player away from been a decent side imo two away from been really up there
nothing Unlucky about it just bad defending for there goal and bad misses from us

Bad misses my a***, their keeper made three excellent saves, 2 of those go in and we win the tie and are home and hosed but that was not to be.

A bad miss is where it shanked wide or way over not excellent saves just under the cross bar and pushed over or finger tip saves to push around the post.

Come on stop attention seeking and report it as it was.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on August 14, 2019, 10:43:28 pm by the vicar »
0 - 2  and one will be a Danny Andrew free kick
Shock horror.
yes it would be shock horror,

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on August 14, 2019, 10:47:02 pm by the vicar »
From what I’ve seen/heard the only goals we conceded have been a bit innocuous and unlucky. Defence is really not our problem and neither is midfield were one player away from been a decent side imo two away from been really up there
nothing Unlucky about it just bad defending for there goal and bad misses from us

Bad misses my a***, their keeper made three excellent saves, 2 of those go in and we win the tie and are home and hosed but that was not to be.

A bad miss is where it shanked wide or way over not excellent saves just under the cross bar and pushed over or finger tip saves to push around the post.

but they didn't, and can you do the same you failed to report the terrible pass for there goal or was you in the bar or toilet at the time

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on August 14, 2019, 11:31:07 pm by dickos1 »
It’s early doors yes but let’s het one thing right losing to Grimsby is a poor result. Losing to their second string is even worse.
The starting 11 for us last night was clearly good enough to win that game and should be outplaying them.
We had a side consisting of 7/8 of our current strongest 11.

We should be beating a very average league two side.

NewDonny

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on August 15, 2019, 12:52:06 am by NewDonny »
It’s early doors yes but let’s het one thing right losing to Grimsby is a poor result. Losing to their second string is even worse.
The starting 11 for us last night was clearly good enough to win that game and should be outplaying them.

Yes I agree let's do get one thing right.

Why should we be beating League 2 Grimsby?

Just because they are Grimsby, or league two, why or just because we are one league above them?

We aren't even a team at the moment, we had 5 brand new players in the team, 7 if you include the players that came on, 2 of which are fresh out of playing U21/U23 football, 3 players making their first start for the club. Of the players that started, we had 5 were starting for the first time this season. So what right do we have to expect to win.

Thats what this cup matches are for, to blood players in, give them that feel of starting, getting used to the systems we play in competitive games and for those that are new its another game bedding in. To cap it we also have a new manager, a new assistant manager and just in case anyone hasn't said it already no recognised CF.

So please don't give me that "we should be bating side the likes of Grimsby because at the moment we have not earned the right to say that, we are a brand new team.

NewDonny

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on August 15, 2019, 01:06:13 am by NewDonny »

but they didn't, and can you do the same you failed to report the terrible pass for there goal or was you in the bar or toilet at the time

Vicar, I am not the one that initially posted the game incorrectly on here, that was you and I am simply correcting you and have focused on correcting your suggestion that our efforts on goal were "bad misses" all night.

Yes I saw the misplaced pass from Halliday to Whiteman, in fact I saw it twice as he almost repeated it a second time only a few minutes later and our keeper had to make a smart save to stop them making it 2-0. So no, not in the bar and not in the toilet but sat watching the game from start to finish thanks.

Anyway I am tired now so going to bed, try to stay alert at Saturdays game, you never know you might be able to provide us all with a more accurate summary of the game on here afterwards.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on August 15, 2019, 06:24:36 am by dickos1 »

Just because they are Grimsby, or league two, why or just because we are one league above them?

We aren't even a team at the moment, we had 5 brand new players in the team, 7 if you include the players that came on, 2 of which are fresh out of playing U21/U23 football, 3 players making their first start for the club. Of the players that started, we had 5 were starting for the first time this season. So what right do we have to expect to win.

Thats what this cup matches are for, to blood players in, give them that feel of starting, getting used to the systems we play in competitive games and for those that are new its another game bedding in. To cap it we also have a new manager, a new assistant manager and just in case anyone hasn't said it already no recognised CF.

So please don't give me that "we should be bating side the likes of Grimsby because at the moment we have not earned the right to say that, we are a brand new team.

We’re a side that’s target this season is promotion so of course we should be beating a side that’s a very average team from the league below.
They also had players who were making their debuts or their first starts of the season.
If someone like Everton played Barnsley and lost do you think Everton fans would be saying yeah but we were the better side?
We should be the better side

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on August 15, 2019, 06:32:17 am by dickos1 »
Also I’ve no idea where you’re getting 7 brand new players from.
Out of that starting 11,
8 of the outfield 10 would be in our strongest 11 with just John being swapped for wright and kiwomya swapped for probably taylor
Grimsby has two lads from their youth team starting and made 7 changes from their last game

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on August 15, 2019, 07:34:23 am by vaya »

We’re a side that’s target this season is promotion so of course we should be beating a side that’s a very average team from the league below.
They also had players who were making their debuts or their first starts of the season.
If someone like Everton played Barnsley and lost do you think Everton fans would be saying yeah but we were the better side?
We should be the better side

Presumably last season's side should have comfortably beat a non-league side away in the FA Cup then?

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on August 15, 2019, 07:43:51 am by dickos1 »
Of course it should yes, as it proved in the replay

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on August 15, 2019, 07:46:46 am by vaya »
Of course it should yes, as it proved in the replay

That wasn't the question though was it?

Should last season's side have comfortably beaten a non-league side in the FA Cup?

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on August 15, 2019, 07:50:49 am by dickos1 »
Yes of course it should

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on August 15, 2019, 07:54:02 am by vaya »
Yes of course it should
#
Yes of course it should

So you won't be contradicting yourself and arguing this season's side not beating a lower league side in a cup competition is indicative of their performance for the upcoming season?

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on August 15, 2019, 07:58:20 am by dickos1 »
I’ve no idea of the point you’re trying to make?
Yes if we lose to a non league team then I will say it’s a game we should be winning

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on August 15, 2019, 08:10:26 am by vaya »
I’ve no idea of the point you’re trying to make?
Yes if we lose to a non league team then I will say it’s a game we should be winning

You’ve spent some time arguing in this thread that not beating Grimsby in a cup competition is an indictment of a team chasing promotion.

Last season’s promotion chasing team didn’t beat a non-league team in a cup competition.

That’s the point.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #57 on August 15, 2019, 08:27:25 am by dickos1 »
And yes it was a poor result then was it not? Just as it’s a poor result now.
We got through that tie though, we didn’t get through this one

NewDonny

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on August 15, 2019, 08:33:29 am by NewDonny »
And yes it was a poor result then was it not? Just as it’s a poor result now.
We got through that tie though, we didn’t get through this one

Oh well, we had all better pack up now, the season is over  :suicide:

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #59 on August 15, 2019, 08:35:05 am by dickos1 »
Nobody is saying that
But to try and say it’s not a bad result is nonsense.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012