Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 10:09:42 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Let's talk about the Bury game  (Read 8728 times)

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
Re: Let's talk about the Bury game
« Reply #30 on August 26, 2019, 06:13:23 pm by steve@dcfd »
The game should not be played if our players could risk injury then the result wiped.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on August 26, 2019, 08:32:31 pm by since-1969 »
I hope if the game is played , that our players respect theirs and approach the game as any other. There is little pre match scouting to digest , so it will be a tactical miss match to assume anything other than they will be up for a good game and maybe  rely on us being a little tentative and defensively minded . I win shouldn’t be taken for granted but if we prepare for an onslaught then it could be easier to handle , rather than thinking we got 3 point before we start and all we have to do is turn up .

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on August 26, 2019, 09:04:38 pm by dknward2 »
Wonder if they scouted our game Vs Lincoln or will just watch on ifollow.

Dunno if they have been training as a squad but they haven't played any professional games so can see them running out of steam in the second half as our match fitness will be far superior

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on August 26, 2019, 09:06:41 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
do they even have a manager?

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on August 26, 2019, 09:36:06 pm by Campsall rover »
do they even have a manager?
That was my question also.
How many players have they got registered.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on August 26, 2019, 09:47:27 pm by drfchound »
If they are allowed to continue they could have six in straight away from Man City on loan.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on August 26, 2019, 09:52:13 pm by NickDRFC »
If they are allowed to continue they could have six in straight away from Man City on loan.

But only 5 would be allowed in the squad, I believe.

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on August 26, 2019, 10:06:14 pm by dknward2 »
Wikipedia says they have a manager, assistant, GK coach and a physio.

Only list 8 first team players too add the 5 loan if it goes through I guess they will add a few youth plus a couple of out of contract players to get numbers up but will only have 3 days to perpare

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on August 26, 2019, 10:08:03 pm by drfchound »

But only 5 would be allowed in the squad, I believe.

That is correct but you see what I mean I assume.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on August 26, 2019, 10:35:20 pm by RoversAlias »
Paul Wilkinson, ex-Everton player, was appointed manager in the summer but they only have a few players.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on August 27, 2019, 10:16:42 am by selby »
   We seem to be going from it is now on back to the game being in doubt, with our club and supporters for the second time in a couple of weeks caught in the middle buying tickets and arranging transport, to it may not be played.
   I can understand the EFL. bending over backwards to try and give them every chance of survival, but there seems to be so much wrong with these two clubs, are they really worth it?,
   The main reason most pundits put forward to saving these two clubs is their history, and the fact that they won the FA cup years ago. It's like going into a car show room, and you want a car to use it every day for work etc.
   The models on offer are a brand new Ford Fiesta, or a 1972 Morris Marina, you just wouldn't would you.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on August 27, 2019, 10:23:59 am by Chris Black come back »
The authorities should have been pushing harder for these guarantees in the close season. It is a farce that the season has started and we are no further on. At least Bury had the good grace not to play games. Bolton picking and choosing is a joke. Total joke.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on August 27, 2019, 10:30:15 am by wing commander »
    Of course it's worth it...Yes with how these situations have worked out it's us who have got the worst deal out of every team as regards uncertainty of games..However these are Football clubs with supporters every bit as passionate about their club as we are about ours..
    If the deal cant get finalised today but the information is it will be within 24 hours,i've no problems with provisionally keeping the game on and giving them that day more...

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on August 27, 2019, 10:49:59 am by RoversAlias »
The authorities should have been pushing harder for these guarantees in the close season. It is a farce that the season has started and we are no further on. At least Bury had the good grace not to play games. Bolton picking and choosing is a joke. Total joke.

Just to clarify, Bury didn't postpone games out of the goodness of their hearts, the EFL refused to allow them to play. They should have done the same with Bolton, that much is evident now, and I fully agree that this should have been sorted in the summer but here we are now with it. The EFL has a lot to answer for with these sorry situations but they aren't interested in entertaining the questions.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on August 27, 2019, 11:53:22 am by drfchound »
    Of course it's worth it...Yes with how these situations have worked out it's us who have got the worst deal out of every team as regards uncertainty of games..However these are Football clubs with supporters every bit as passionate about their club as we are about ours..
    If the deal cant get finalised today but the information is it will be within 24 hours,i've no problems with provisionally keeping the game on and giving them that day more...

A decision should be made today for the benefit of every other club in the division.
The longer this goes on the harder it will be playing catch up.
If they are expelled from the league it doesn’t have to be the end of the road for them.
It happened to us and we came back stronger.

bobbymax

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on August 27, 2019, 12:29:48 pm by bobbymax »
Ticket sales suspended. This could be the end of the end for the Shakers, there is no way back if Saturday's match is called off.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on August 27, 2019, 03:05:16 pm by scawsby steve »
I don't think we should read too much into the ticket sales suspension. It's simply because nothing can be confirmed until 5 pm.

The situation today is no different to yesterday, regarding whether or not the take-over happens.

Darren

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on August 27, 2019, 03:17:06 pm by Darren »
If Bury were confident about a deal being struck, they wouldn't suspend ticket sales. imo

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on August 27, 2019, 03:33:35 pm by scawsby steve »
If Bury were confident about a deal being struck, they wouldn't suspend ticket sales. imo

The people who stopped the ticket sales will have no idea what is happening in the take-over talks. That will be taking place in secrecy.

MEGA1879

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on August 27, 2019, 03:36:32 pm by MEGA1879 »
Looks like the game will be off sat. Just been on sky  deal falls through.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on August 27, 2019, 03:36:49 pm by steve@dcfd »
The takeover is off just announced on Sky sports from their ground
« Last Edit: August 27, 2019, 03:40:15 pm by steve@dcfd »

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on August 27, 2019, 03:41:59 pm by Retdon1 »
Takeover off

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #52 on August 27, 2019, 03:45:13 pm by IDM »
That’s a shame, that’s Bury proper f**ked then..

Not sure if they are in the same situation as Bolton ie on the verge of liquidation, but unless a new deal arrives in the next hour or so, the EFL will kick them out..
« Last Edit: August 27, 2019, 03:53:05 pm by IDM »

5 on Tour

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on August 27, 2019, 03:48:31 pm by 5 on Tour »
Basically with no-one else looking and no time left it looks like Bury are gone. Sad sad day for football that this can happen.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #54 on August 27, 2019, 03:49:50 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
I heard earlier today the potential new owners were finding it difficult to account for all the outstanding monies. They said on Friday they will be conducting forensic accounting in the 48 hours remaining from Monday. Perhaps they have found just too much owing and can't take the risk.

Very sad if this is confirmed!

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on August 27, 2019, 03:57:18 pm by MachoMadness »
It was a minor miracle that they even looked like surviving, now for a whole new takeover to be successfully negotiated in just over an hour... I'll be amazed if there's still a Bury this weekend.

watto-drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on August 27, 2019, 03:57:39 pm by watto-drfc »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49486208

Talks have fallen through looks like the end of Bury fc

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #57 on August 27, 2019, 04:02:54 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
It's cruel especially when they allowed fans to volunteer to help ready the stadium!

karldew

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on August 27, 2019, 04:04:27 pm by karldew »
It's cruel especially when they allowed fans to volunteer to help ready the stadium!

Someone did say about waiting until Wednesday to start preparing for Saturday. Hopefully something is sorted for them but it’s looking very unlikely. Sad day in football

rich1471

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on August 27, 2019, 04:09:46 pm by rich1471 »
Anyone who got a ticket for this game will also now lose there money as well

TinyPortal © 2005-2012