Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 06:48:33 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Let's talk about the Bury game  (Read 8731 times)

Retdon1

• Forum Member
Re: Let's talk about the Bury game
« Reply #60 on August 27, 2019, 04:18:24 pm by Retdon1 »
Anyone who got a ticket for this game will also now lose there money as well

Surly donny will still have the ticket money and will offer refunds out

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #61 on August 27, 2019, 04:34:36 pm by glosterred »
Those that have bought from the Rovers will get their money back.

COYR

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #62 on August 27, 2019, 04:35:30 pm by MachoMadness »
An old chairman put a last-minute bid in which was turned down by the League. So this looks like it.

rich1471

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on August 27, 2019, 04:41:25 pm by rich1471 »
Anyone who got a ticket for this game will also now lose there money as well

Surly donny will still have the ticket money and will offer refunds out
when i called about the Bolton tickets i got, the ticket office was sending all the money to Bolton they had got so far and i was told after Friday  so i returned mine on Friday , not sure if the club will keep the ticket sales money for bury or would have sent it back to them

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #64 on August 27, 2019, 04:52:50 pm by glosterred »
If, as we all suspect, the game is off, then the Lincoln manager is going to have another reason to chuck his teddies out of the cot as he wasn’t to happy that we had a free week because the Bolton game had been postponed the previous Tuesday. Got to chuckle

COYR

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on August 27, 2019, 05:03:39 pm by scawsby steve »
Two weeks on a trot we've looked forward to a game only to see it called off, and other teams leapfrogging ahead of us, just when we're building up momentum.

All because of a spineless, inept EFL, who should have got rid of the pair of them at the beginning of the season.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #66 on August 27, 2019, 05:16:15 pm by NickDRFC »
Two weeks on a trot we've looked forward to a game only to see it called off, and other teams leapfrogging ahead of us, just when we're building up momentum.

All because of a spineless, inept EFL, who should have got rid of the pair of them at the beginning of the season.

I’m not defending the EFL by any means( I think this situation is farcical, but if they’d got rid of the pair at the beginning of the season we would still have faced the fixture gaps - the only difference would be the sides who have played Bolton wouldn’t have done.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #67 on August 27, 2019, 05:22:34 pm by drfchound »
Bury will turn up again in the near future, at the same ground with a name like AFC Bury.
It won’t be the end.
Their fans will latch on to the new set up.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #68 on August 27, 2019, 05:23:20 pm by scawsby steve »

I’m not defending the EFL by any means( I think this situation is farcical, but if they’d got rid of the pair at the beginning of the season we would still have faced the fixture gaps - the only difference would be the sides who have played Bolton wouldn’t have done.

No we wouldn't Nick. It would have been a 22 team league; as such there wouldn't have been any fixture gaps.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #69 on August 27, 2019, 05:25:49 pm by NickDRFC »

No we wouldn't Nick. It would have been a 22 team league; as such there wouldn't have been any fixture gaps.

Fixtures are released mid July aren’t they? If the clubs were only kicked out at the start of the season it wouldn’t have made any difference.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #70 on August 27, 2019, 05:29:01 pm by dickos1 »
Fixtures are released in mid June, so we would’ve still had these free weeks

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #71 on August 27, 2019, 05:30:44 pm by drfchound »
........but no uncertainty.
Every club would have been able to plan accordingly.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #72 on August 27, 2019, 05:30:53 pm by RoversAlias »
Fixtures are out in mid-June so it would always have been a 22-team league with gaps for those weeks when we were supposed to play Bolton and Bury.

I admire your certainty with that Hound. History tells us it is far from that simple. And it most certainly isn't acceptable that it should have to come to that for Bury, Bolton or any league club.

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #73 on August 27, 2019, 05:34:36 pm by Colin C No.3 »
That’s one ticket for the Bolton game I have yet to return, & two bought this morning for the Bury game (given that one poster had said they’d been on sale for two weeks), you’re put in a ‘shall I shan’t I’ situation as a supporter because the the EFL, the governing body (my a**e), can’t give clear guidance to supporters.

If Bolton & Bury can’t find a buyer for their clubs TODAY & give absolute assurances that all remaining & postponed (or in Bolton’s case merely cancelled) will be fulfilled & that those games cancelled or postponed will be played before the end of the year, IMO, they should be expelled from the league.

I feel for their supporters but enough is enough. The EFL have made themselves & the competition a laughing stock & who suffers, the supporters who are keeping them in employment.

I wish there were some form of ‘sanction’ supporters could put on the EFL!
« Last Edit: August 27, 2019, 05:43:34 pm by Colin C No.3 »

5 on Tour

• Forum Member
« Reply #74 on August 27, 2019, 05:38:52 pm by 5 on Tour »
Apparently a buyer has gone straight to the EFL to purchase Bury. It’s too late. It’s become a complete joke now. Enough is enough. You’ve missed deadlines and extensions. End of.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #75 on August 27, 2019, 05:47:23 pm by drfchound »
RA, Do you mean my certainty that clubs would be able to plan accordingly?
Yes I am sure.
Should have happened?
No mate, it shouldn’t have happened, but it has done.
It should send a message to the EFL people that more care needs to be taken when agreeing to let new owners take control of a football club.
The EFL now has to make an announcement and they have been doing everything  they can to dodge this.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see yet another deadline extension.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #76 on August 27, 2019, 05:50:27 pm by Donnywolf »
That’s one ticket for the Bolton game I have yet to return, & two bought this morning for the Bury game (given that one poster had said they’d been on sale for two weeks), you’re put in a ‘shall I shan’t I’ situation as a supporter because the the EFL, the governing body (my a**e), can’t give clear guidance to supporters.

They HAVE been on sale to us for quite a few weeks - maybe 3 or so but not surprisingly have not been selling that well

About 100 had gone

Then recently it looked like the game would go ahead a a few more were sold including to me x 2 but looking now we still have only sold around 200

Now waiting to see whether to return the Bury ones but better worrying about 1 game than your entire Club going under - dont envy them

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #77 on August 27, 2019, 05:53:22 pm by Donnywolf »
Bury will turn up again in the near future, at the same ground with a name like AFC Bury.
It won’t be the end.

Maybe they will do an MK Dons - they could move to a Racecourse for example and become New-Bury

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #78 on August 27, 2019, 05:57:01 pm by Donnywolf »

jackthelad

• Forum Member
« Reply #79 on August 27, 2019, 06:00:44 pm by jackthelad »
Just a waiting game to see the EFL statement now.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #80 on August 27, 2019, 06:01:30 pm by drfchound »
It won’t be the end.

Maybe they will do an MK Dons - they could move to a Racecourse for example and become New-Bury

Very good Wolfie, I like that.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #81 on August 27, 2019, 06:08:56 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Do we get money back on our season tickets?   :ermm:

knockers

• Forum Member
« Reply #82 on August 27, 2019, 06:48:41 pm by knockers »
That’s a good call

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #83 on August 27, 2019, 07:22:49 pm by IDM »
I wouldn’t be looking for that..

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #84 on August 27, 2019, 08:42:30 pm by silent majority »
It won’t be the end.

We have been advising the Bury Supporters Trust for some time on the ways forward, having a fan owned club is one of those.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #85 on August 27, 2019, 08:45:20 pm by drfchound »
It won’t be the end.

We have been advising the Bury Supporters Trust for some time on the ways forward, having a fan owned club is one of those.

Yep, I was looking for info on that sort of stuff earlier today.
I feel sure that they will rise again.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #86 on August 27, 2019, 08:52:03 pm by Chris Black come back »
I am not sure Bury are a credible entity any longer. I think they lost one of their remaining senior players today, as Adam Thompson signed for Rotherham United. There is really not much left of Bury even if they wanted to play games in League One. Literally half a team of senior pros left.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #87 on August 27, 2019, 08:56:23 pm by scawsby steve »
So what's happening with these 3 new bids?

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #88 on August 27, 2019, 09:04:38 pm by RoversAlias »
Yes I am sure.
Should have happened?
It should send a message to the EFL people that more care needs to be taken when agreeing to let new owners take control of a football club.
The EFL now has to make an announcement and they have been doing everything  they can to dodge this.

That's right mate.

I agree fully that the EFL and maybe some other bodies need this sort of wake up call, it just isn't fair on the fans of these once great clubs.

I believe Bolton will get 14 days unless the administrator has to liquidate tomorrow. Bury I fear are done for barring a miracle in the form of a viable bid that can be concluded swiftly.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #89 on August 27, 2019, 09:16:03 pm by drfchound »
Yes I am sure.
Should have happened?

That's right mate.

I agree fully that the EFL and maybe some other bodies need this sort of wake up call, it just isn't fair on the fans of these once great clubs.

I believe Bolton will get 14 days unless the administrator has to liquidate tomorrow. Bury I fear are done for barring a miracle in the form of a viable bid that can be concluded swiftly.

Very little sympathy has been extended to the people and businesses that are owed money by Bury and Bolton (apart from the players and staff).
I feel more for them really.

The administrators have a duty to conclude this as soon as possible and get them paid as much as they can.
The longer it drags on the more the administrators costs will go up.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012