Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 04:40:21 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Let's talk about the Accrington Stanley game  (Read 5912 times)

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
Re: Let's talk about the Accrington Stanley game
« Reply #30 on December 21, 2019, 04:59:19 pm by PDX_Rover »
Well that was one of the most inept refereeing performances I’ve ever seen.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Wiltshire Exile

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on December 21, 2019, 05:06:53 pm by Wiltshire Exile »
Well that was one of the most inept refereeing performances I’ve ever seen.

Never mind about the referee’s performance. What was ours like?

Michael Shaw

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on December 21, 2019, 05:08:12 pm by Michael Shaw »
Let's blame the ref rather than the Rovers manager or players. This season is really shaping up to be a shit one.

Wlad_Solkin

« Reply #33 on December 21, 2019, 05:12:20 pm by Wlad_Solkin »
In Russia, they would say that Thomas and Bingham pay the coach to get into the squad

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on December 21, 2019, 05:13:20 pm by dknward2 »
Crap tbh for me sadlier did nothing everyone scared to have a shot can't see us getting any points until after new year

Ref was terrible but expect no better

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on December 21, 2019, 05:14:51 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Criminal that ref chose to book only our player. Identical if not worse tackle on Copps was a booking all day long!

We were too naive in the final third. Needed a cool head and we gave ball away in good positions too carelessly.

Cramby10

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on December 21, 2019, 05:15:05 pm by Cramby10 »
The ref was an utter bloody disgrace. Allowing them to take the piss all match. The lino didn’t help either as was a clear throw in to us before their corner which lead to the goal. We should however expect nothing else from these so called officials.
It does not though mask our clear deficiencies. I’m not for singling out players but we have a few now on our books that should be nowhere near professional football with Drfc.
Finally, copps come off and the opposition score. Coincidence????

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on December 21, 2019, 05:18:45 pm by bpoolrover »
You have to question the logic of bringing Bingham on

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on December 21, 2019, 05:22:39 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Our confidence is gone.

We need about 4 players in in January.

goalkick

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on December 21, 2019, 05:27:55 pm by goalkick »
Must agree Blackpool only on about 14 mins but did nothing,ran around a lot.not sure he touched the ball.after recent performances surprised on the bench.

Jersey Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on December 21, 2019, 05:30:27 pm by Jersey Rover »
We’re sinking into a relegation fight unless we perform in the next couple of weeks. We have a home game bias over this period where as 8 of the last 12 fixtures of the season are away

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on December 21, 2019, 05:34:45 pm by bpoolrover »
Must agree Blackpool only on about 14 mins but did nothing,ran around a lot.not sure he touched the ball.after recent performances surprised on the bench. Surley it would have been better to bring a player on who would close them down than a player who pretty much does nothing

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on December 21, 2019, 05:42:05 pm by dknward2 »
May should have come on instead of Bingham

firestarter

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on December 21, 2019, 05:47:04 pm by firestarter »
Big confidence problems are very apparent . There is no creativity and no leaders. We are bumbling along and are just another Rochdale.. Accrington etc.. absolutely nothing to get excited about from this team at present

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on December 21, 2019, 07:37:25 pm by the vicar »
Who in there right mind would want to talk about that fiasco

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on December 21, 2019, 07:38:15 pm by the vicar »
It was bad enough watching it apart from our goal

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on December 21, 2019, 07:43:35 pm by steve@dcfd »
We’re sinking into a relegation fight unless we perform in the next couple of weeks. We have a home game bias over this period where as 8 of the last 12 fixtures of the season are away

Performance does not score goals it helps, we do not have consistent goal scorers, we know at moment even one goal is not enough.

NewDonny

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on December 21, 2019, 08:02:07 pm by NewDonny »
Today was never going to be pretty or an easy ride, Accrington came with a game plan to disrupt the game, get tight to our better players and man mark them and they did that. The referee helped them today but not pulling them up on a good number of their tackles which cam in from behind. Their goal was also offside!

Our game plan on the other hand was to target their left back the whole game which is why a very high percentage of our attacks went down the right, that worked to an extent with John Taylor getting in behind their left back who had pushed up too high, with Taylor taking his goal well. We should have capitalised on that lead and pushed for another but for some last ditch tackles from the opposition cutting out crosses and pullbacks and some poor end product and crosses we should have been walking away with 3 points today.

Very frustrating to watch, even more so to let a one goal lead go but I would rather be walking away with a point than nothing.

I suspect we will start with Ennis up top at Peterborough, with Whiteman coming back in for Gomes who I though played well in the middle there but still gave the ball away cheaply and cannot find the likes of Copps or Sadlier's feet higher up like Whiteman can.

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on December 21, 2019, 08:03:50 pm by Retdon1 »
  The stats I added up are from our own official site, obviously flash scores add on half time or things like that. either way they are not very good.
  Just going to all the games he has played in I knew it was a load of B******S

I’ve always found them quite reliable and I very much doubt they add on the half time 15 mins, that’s just daft.... anyway talking about not very good brings me on to Thomas.... he’s garbage and I don’t need any stats to tell me that. I don’t know what you see in him but I think your in a very small minority of fans that do rate him.

bobbymax

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on December 21, 2019, 08:56:15 pm by bobbymax »
Just watched the Stanley goal a few times, paused when the first header was won. The guy stood in front of Deng is surely offside and interfering with play!

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on December 21, 2019, 09:15:52 pm by drfchound »
Criminal that ref chose to book only our player. Identical if not worse tackle on Copps was a booking all day long!

We were too naive in the final third. Needed a cool head and we gave ball away in good positions too carelessly.

The foul on halfway on Copps was by their number five who had been given a  final warning just before half time.
The ref let too much go then booked Gomes in a flash for a nothing tackle.

NewDonny

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on December 21, 2019, 09:21:53 pm by NewDonny »
Just watched the Stanley goal a few times, paused when the first header was won. The guy stood in front of Deng is surely offside and interfering with play!

He is very clearly offside, I said that a couple of posts back already!

As drfchound says, the ref was awful, he didn't have a clue.

bobbymax

• VSC Member
« Reply #52 on December 21, 2019, 09:38:13 pm by bobbymax »
Sorry, just been skimming through posts. Really can't face wading through the amount of crap spouted on here nowadays.

He is very clearly offside, I said that a couple of posts back already!

As drfchound says, the ref was awful, he didn't have a clue.

Reesielad

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on December 21, 2019, 09:55:45 pm by Reesielad »
I’m not one for getting on players back, and it think Thomas does add some value, but what does Darren see in Bingham?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on December 21, 2019, 09:58:20 pm by drfchound »
I’m not one for getting on players back, and it think Thomas does add some value, but what does Darren see in Bingham?

Some of the stuff shouted out to Bingham,Thomas and Gomes today from the South Stand was awful to hear.
I swear that some of those numpties doing the shouting were hoping they would make mistakes so that they could laugh at them or call them lazy barsteward.

Reesielad

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on December 21, 2019, 10:05:31 pm by Reesielad »

Some of the stuff shouted out to Bingham,Thomas and Gomes today from the South Stand was awful to hear.
I swear that some of those numpties doing the shouting were hoping they would make mistakes so that they could laugh at them or call them lazy barsteward.

I like Gomes, plays ok when he’s called on, had a decent game today imo. Thomas does add value but I wish he stayed on his feet more often.

Bingham, however, I’m scratching my head at it. Alfie doesn’t light up the world but definitely adds more than Bingham.

Our fans are very fickle and turn on our players at the drop of a hat, it always gets me when we’re winning and keeping the ball to hear the fans moan and groan at the players! If we have the ball they can’t score!

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on December 21, 2019, 11:06:26 pm by RoversAlias »
Gomes got better as the game wore on and played a pivotal role in our goal, so fair play to him. He isn't amazing but he does bring something to the team when called upon.

Thomas, first half was good in the physical battles and brought others into play well, but after half time he was dreadful in my opinion. I simply don't think he has the quality at this level, I haven't seen any from him. His physical game is decent and he can get into goalscoring positions but technical ability appears to be lacking massively.

Bingham, I've no idea. May should have come on rather than him. He brings nothing to the team and just isn't good enough for this league.

NewDonny

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on December 21, 2019, 11:08:12 pm by NewDonny »
Gomes got better as the game wore on and played a pivotal role in our goal, so fair play to him. He isn't amazing but he does bring something to the team when called upon.

Thomas, first half was good in the physical battles and brought others into play well, but after half time he was dreadful in my opinion. I simply don't think he has the quality at this level, I haven't seen any from him. His physical game is decent and he can get into goalscoring positions but technical ability appears to be lacking massively.

Bingham, I've no idea. May should have come on rather than him. He brings nothing to the team and just isn't good enough for this league.

Agree with your comments re Gomes.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on December 21, 2019, 11:08:26 pm by Chris Black come back »
Bingham is a total mystery. Darren must see something in him or has had a message from God about him because on the pitch he looks totally lost. I almost feel sorry for the guy.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #59 on December 21, 2019, 11:12:14 pm by bobjimwilly »
Highlights: https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/11892577/doncaster-1-1-accrington

Anyone who thinks their goal wasn't offside needs their eyes testing.

TBF I think we edged it in the 2nd half, but the game had a draw all over it.

That being said, the ref should retire and change his opticians after todays performance - he was dreadful. How their #5 wasn't even booked following the 6 or 7 fouls, including the obvious and cynical "professional" foul on copps, is beyond me. The officiating at this level is already bad, but today was very bad indeed.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012