Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 01:38:52 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Let's talk about the Accrington Stanley game  (Read 5909 times)

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
Re: Let's talk about the Accrington Stanley game
« Reply #60 on December 22, 2019, 10:33:44 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
In Whiteman absence I thought overall Gomes and Sheaf did OK between them. In the first half it was steady away, not much being conceded but not too much being created either. However, I was quite happy with that at half time as Accrington are a decent team and they didn't unduly trouble us.

What is obvious now is fans can't wait to get on players backs when mistakes are made but show little emotion when the same players make a good contribution.

One of the first culprits to give the ball away cheaply in the second half was Copps after being nearly clean through, yet Sheaf, when he wrestled possession back, recycled the ball, took possession again and tried a threaded pass, got absolutely pelted when it didn't reach its target. Totally unjust.

We still took the lead and again didn't look unduly troubled until their goal which came from nowhere really. We had wasted alot of good possession when breaking forward  with a few players either delaying a pass too long, trying to be too fancy or just taking the wrong option.

Copps was hobbling for about 10 mins before he came off, so I wasn't surprised with that sub. As most agree I can't see the value of Bingham at all above other players in the squad.

Sadlier was a shadow of what he can do. Just not making the ball his by being too weak to protect the ball and not taking the shooting opportunities when he had them.

We know Thomas is limited but overall he put in a good shift and got some rough treatment much of which went unpunished by the very lenient ref.

Overall, it wasn't a great game but if selective memories want to class that as shite relegation form then that's far from the truth.

We know we need a couple of additions to rebalance the squad. It doesn't take much to convert that performance yesterday from a 1-1 to a 3-1.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

idler

• VSC Member
Re: Let's talk about the Accrington Stanley game
« Reply #61 on December 22, 2019, 06:12:54 pm by idler »
I thought that Sheaf wanted too much time on the ball and conceded possession too easily. He did play a superb ball to Taylor in the 2nd half but needs to be a bit quicker for me.
Sadlier was poor by his standards and is capable of being dark better.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012