Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 07:51:48 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Let's talk about the Accrington Stanley game  (Read 4005 times)

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
Re: Let's talk about the Accrington Stanley game
« Reply #30 on August 17, 2021, 10:06:04 pm by Campsall rover »
No real surprise with the result then.

Some spineless comments coming in from those you would expect.

Accrington is a tough place to go, we only know that too well. We know where we're struggling at the moment however, sooner or later RW will turn it around.

For perspective. Sunderland lost at Burton and Ipswich lost at Cheltenham so with the resources available to them, their fans might have grounds for complaint.

Oh jog on pal.

Spineless? It's the team and club who are spineless.

No, it’s folk like you!
We’ve played 3 games and your pissing and whining like we’re already relegated.
Given up.
Embarrassing

Are you suggesting that wasn't a spineless performance?
Another one throwing their dummy out.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

hstripes

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on August 17, 2021, 10:06:31 pm by hstripes »
The game was harem scarem 100 miles an hour throughout from both teams. That's how they play every week - why were we trying to beat them at there own game? Long balls forward to 6 foot plus centre halves is never going to work. Is the manager to blame for setting these tactics or the midfield? No attempt to get the ball down and control things all match. Can't blame the forward players for tonight they didn't stand a chance regardless of ability.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on August 18, 2021, 08:26:56 am by roversdude »
They did a job on us (again)
From the kick off their number 8 (Pell) made a beeline for Galbraith and pushed him, ran into him and generally intimidated him. That basically took him out of the game.
Accrington play to their strengths and we should know what to expect but we got dragged into their way of playing. It wasn’t helped by the woeful display of refereeing-not an excuse

BigH

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on August 18, 2021, 08:48:10 am by BigH »
The game was harem scarem 100 miles an hour throughout from both teams. That's how they play every week - why were we trying to beat them at there own game? Long balls forward to 6 foot plus centre halves is never going to work. Is the manager to blame for setting these tactics or the midfield? No attempt to get the ball down and control things all match. Can't blame the forward players for tonight they didn't stand a chance regardless of ability.
Good points. Notwithstanding the lack of forwards, I do wonder about Richie's tactics for this game. No point in trying to play football against this Accrington side and if playing long balls in was the game plan then why not stick Bogle and John up front from the off with Galbraith (or Barlow) looking for the knock downs?

It's easy after the fact I know and Dahlberg's howler will have sapped already fragile confidence but Richie is a young manager who needs to learn fast. Right now he doesn't have the players to play his preferred style.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on August 18, 2021, 09:03:20 am by the vicar »
From the kick off their number 8 (Pell) made a beeline for Galbraith and pushed him, ran into him and generally intimidated him. That basically took him out of the game.
Accrington play to their strengths and we should know what to expect but we got dragged into their way of playing. It wasn’t helped by the woeful display of refereeing-not an excuse
we should have had 2 penalties at least one first half tripping our player and getting away with it and the second half pulling our lads shirt as though he wanted to have it.  Then the lad that took one for the team by tripping our player on a break through when he was the last man that should have been a red not a yellow

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on August 18, 2021, 09:32:45 am by Campsall rover »
Accrington play to their strengths and we should know what to expect but we got dragged into their way of playing. It wasn%u2019t helped by the woeful display of refereeing-not an excuse
we should have had 2 penalties at least one first half tripping our player and getting away with it and the second half pulling our lads shirt as though he wanted to have it.  Then the lad that took one for the team by tripping our player on a break through when he was the last man that should have been a red not a yellow
One undisputable penalty in the first half. Cukur was pulled back on his shoulder.
How could the ref not see that from where he was.

Watching on my i pad with my 9 year old Grandson and he shouts that is a penalty. He could see it and everyone else could see it, not oh no, not the ref.
What is happening to refs the standard is deteriorating season on season imo.
They do not seem to understand what a foul is and what challenges are not. 
« Last Edit: August 18, 2021, 11:28:37 am by Campsall rover »

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on August 18, 2021, 09:59:38 am by roversdude »
I’ve commented in the Rate the Ref section that the standard of reffing seems to have deteriorated drastically. You would have thought that having watched the Euros and the (in the main) good standard there that our refs would aspire to improve. Sadly not it appears

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on August 18, 2021, 10:26:46 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
I thought last season the refs performed better however, perhaps due to crowds being back in, they've become too easily influenced once again and play to the crowd. The Panto villains are back.

Bailey Vickerage

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on August 18, 2021, 02:55:43 pm by Bailey Vickerage »
Good points. Notwithstanding the lack of forwards, I do wonder about Richie's tactics for this game. No point in trying to play football against this Accrington side and if playing long balls in was the game plan then why not stick Bogle and John up front from the off with Galbraith (or Barlow) looking for the knock downs?

It's easy after the fact I know and Dahlberg's howler will have sapped already fragile confidence but Richie is a young manager who needs to learn fast. Right now he doesn't have the players to play his preferred style.

we do have the players to play that style but the problem is we’ve got no one upfront to finish the chances or get into positions where they can score.

rich1471

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on August 18, 2021, 03:43:29 pm by rich1471 »

we do have the players to play that style but the problem is we’ve got no one upfront to finish the chances or get into positions where they can score.
we did not create any changes for the strikers to score

Bailey Vickerage

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on August 18, 2021, 05:02:13 pm by Bailey Vickerage »

we did not create any changes for the strikers to score
that’s because there was zero movement from any of the front 3 the only 3 chances we had were pop shots. I lost count of how many times a midfielder looked for a run from one of the forwards and had to take 2 or 3 more touches before going to one of the full backs.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on August 18, 2021, 05:23:23 pm by the vicar »
Well bogle would only run if he had the shits, oh he does away from the ball most of the time

Bailey Vickerage

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on August 19, 2021, 01:15:23 am by Bailey Vickerage »
Well bogle would only run if he had the shits, oh he does away from the ball most of the time
tbf to bogle, he was probs our best attacker on Tuesday lol. I know that doesn’t say much because the others were tripe but at least he actually won his headers and looked lively but need another striker ASAP.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012