Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 03:12:05 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Leicester  (Read 1880 times)

Viking Don

• VSC Member
Leicester
« on July 21, 2011, 10:52:09 pm by Viking Don »
Done some good business this close-season, almost replaced their entire team. They're certainly showing their hand early and I'll be amazed and overjoyed if they don't at least make the play-offs.

Think they'll be top of the pile next May. 4/1 on Skybet.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Ollie the Legend!

• Forum Member
Re: Leicester
« Reply #1 on July 21, 2011, 10:56:20 pm by Ollie the Legend! »
My exact thoughts. They'll get into the automatics no problem this coming season.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on July 21, 2011, 11:16:55 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Doesn't always work out that way. I can see trouble ahead. There will be fall-outs, there will be issues of the pitch, it's just too good to be true.

I can see Sven walking away mid season easily.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on July 21, 2011, 11:18:45 pm by RedJ »
Quote from: \"DonnyBazR0ver\" post=169348
Doesn't always work out that way. I can see trouble ahead. There will be fall-outs, there will be issues of the pitch, it's just too good to be true.

I can see Sven walking away mid season easily.

I reckon it'll play out like it did at Manchester City. He's just that kind of manager.

Viking Don

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on July 21, 2011, 11:20:58 pm by Viking Don »
We can hope, but they've assembled some squad there. Spent more than most prem sides on transfer fees already.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on July 22, 2011, 05:39:53 am by GazLaz »
Very brave everyone tipping up the favourites.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on July 22, 2011, 07:33:48 am by Wellred »
and if they don't go up then they will be even more millions in debt.

Chrisd_123

« Reply #7 on July 22, 2011, 09:22:30 am by Chrisd_123 »
Quote from: \"Wellred\" post=169367
and if they don't go up then they will be even more millions in debt.

Yep, the new Pompey. If they don't go up they're in the shit. Owners will probably lose money so may pull out of the club etc or get bored. It may seem great now but i'm sure none of the fans are even thinking about the future while they're being flashed with these big signings...Although if they do go into the shit and the owners leave etc, cheeky 300k bid for mills? :thumbsup:

Kenny_Senior

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on July 22, 2011, 11:29:06 am by Kenny_Senior »
Sven needs to keep all the players he has signed happy. No doubt all of them will have massive ego's and think they should be starting every week.

They'll either get 100+ points and be promoted before anyone else in the country, or they'll nose dive spectacularly and end up imploding, with pretty much the entire squad they have bought this close season moving elsewhere.

deebee

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on July 22, 2011, 11:35:56 am by deebee »
Is there not a new rule regarding how much you can spend in relation to how much you take? Surely the amount they are spending exceeds the takings over a season.

Chrisd_123

« Reply #10 on July 22, 2011, 11:38:27 am by Chrisd_123 »
Quote from: \"deebee\" post=169406
Is there not a new rule regarding how much you can spend in relation to how much you take? Surely the amount they are spending exceeds the takings over a season.

Depends, there's ways round it like Man City are doing. Have Leicester not just announced a new ground Sponsorship? City did that but it was the owners' company and said the sponsorship was worth £400m so obviously now they can spend stupid amounts again. Maybe Leicester have done the same.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on July 22, 2011, 11:44:01 am by ravenrover »
Living in Nottingham we get all the local managers interviewed by the local TV, I had to laugh at Svens last interview,
You are building a good squad Sven, is promotion a must or will you be walking away at the end of the season if you aren't promoted?
Wella, promotion would be nice but I will not walk away, that would be up to the Board. You have to remeber that this is a very difficult league to get out of and probably it will be harder than last year.
So who do you see as your main rivals this year?
Wella, West Ham, Birmingham and Blackpool have come down they are big teams, they will be difficult and don't forget the teams who have come up Southampton are a big club.

No mention of Reading, Forest, Cardiff, Leeds etc he obviously has dismissed all the teams he played last year. Oh I do hope we give them a good hiding not just because of the manager or the team but also their supporters who took over the Toad last year and made complete arses of themselves. Every other team who came there had a bit of banter and enjoyed a pint before the game, but that lot....!!!!!! :cry:

timdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on July 22, 2011, 12:38:45 pm by timdrfc »
Surely the question we should all be asking is HOW are the able to afford this within  the laws & don't forget they once before got promotion to the top league when in administration, which resulted in the league introducing the points deduction penalty . Will this happen again if they don't go up , they also remind me of Cardiff last season & look what happened to them , still in  the Championship lads lets hope  Leicester don't get to the Premiership like this.

VikingJames

« Reply #13 on July 22, 2011, 01:12:17 pm by VikingJames »
Can't help but think the reduction of the number of subs will hinder Leicester. They've got so many top players now, some of them won't spend their Saturday afternoon sat on the bench, they'll spend it sat in the stand!

They might be alright at first, but it'll be interesting to see what will happen mid-season when decent Championship players like Martyn Waghorn, Paul Gallagher and Lloyd Dyer have been sat watching for months on end.

JamieM

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on July 22, 2011, 01:36:03 pm by JamieM »
It might be a good opportunity to get in some of their fringe players on loan here. Looks more and more like Moussa wont have a future there, would you have him back? I wasnt entirely sure on him.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on July 22, 2011, 01:42:19 pm by RedJ »
Moussa back? God, no. No need with Mason, no need anyway..

VikingJames

« Reply #16 on July 22, 2011, 02:44:50 pm by VikingJames »
Quote from: \"JamieM\" post=169448
It might be a good opportunity to get in some of their fringe players on loan here. Looks more and more like Moussa wont have a future there, would you have him back? I wasnt entirely sure on him.

I don't want Moussa back. Had a couple of good games (Leeds away springs to mind) but for the most part he flattered to deceive. Decent pace and strength but not enough quality IMO.

scuzzer

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on July 22, 2011, 06:46:22 pm by scuzzer »
I reckon they're absolutely nailed on for the top spot, they've bought real quality throughout the team and on their day were already a very good side - especially a particular 2nd half in December that i witnessed!

Anyone doubting the depth of their owners pockets can't have been to Thailand, Bangkok Airport's shopping centre is one of many owned by King Power and it's like Meadowhall on steroids, they are very very well off indeed.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on July 22, 2011, 07:00:04 pm by hoolahoop »
I'm obviously one of the few who don't think that this will be a 'walk in the park' for the Foxes.
Imo there are no clear favourites EVER in the Championship, yes they have players to die for but I'm happier with the way we do our business........short, medium and especially long term.
Cardiff Leeds and Forest have proved over the last few seasons that money alone doesn't buy titles. It never has.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012