Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 06:01:06 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Mason On Loan  (Read 2486 times)

jonnydog

• VSC Member
Mason On Loan
« on July 22, 2011, 09:49:12 am by jonnydog »
http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/doncaster/o_driscoll_confident_of_re_signing_tottenham_youngster_mason_on_loan_1_3599843

Shame it wont be a permanent but realistically should give us a huge boost this season. Hopefully SOD will utilise him more this time round :thumbsup:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DRFC-PERKINS

• Forum Member
Re: Mason On Loan
« Reply #1 on July 22, 2011, 10:54:38 am by DRFC-PERKINS »
For the time being I think this is the right desicion for the club, he needs to play alot more for him to progress as a player and for us to make sure he's the real deal, then we can sign him up at the end of the sesaon.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on July 22, 2011, 11:02:38 am by RobTheRover »
Ate, but sad that WAYNE Fairhurst is reported as leaving in that article.  Another player I've completely missed.

;-)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on July 22, 2011, 11:56:06 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Quote from: \"RobTheRover\" post=169396
Ate, but sad that WAYNE Fairhurst is reported as leaving in that article.  Another player I've completely missed.

;-)

That'll be a quiz question in years to come: Which Doncaster Rovers players scored at the rate of 1 goal per start in the Championship and was given a free transfer?

Strange...

JamieM

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on July 22, 2011, 01:28:29 pm by JamieM »
By all accounts Waide had a terrible attitude problem, thats why he's been shipped off. Bit of a shame really.

inSODwetrust

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on July 22, 2011, 01:42:12 pm by inSODwetrust »
Absolutely qua;ity signing for us!

I remember at Millwall away last season, he just kept going on his energetic run's and all the Millwall defenders could do was foul him! Also, at Dingles away he played out of his skin! :scarf: :thumbsup:

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on July 22, 2011, 01:58:09 pm by jonnydog »
the only downside I can see is if he has a good year with us, he'll never be ours for keeps :(

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on July 22, 2011, 02:05:57 pm by RedJ »
Quote from: \"jonnydog\" post=169455
the only downside I can see is if he has a good year with us, he'll never be ours for keeps :(

We might have a \"Billy scenario\" where the club's right for him and he's not too bothered about the money just yet, though, and have a prize asset for years to come.

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on July 22, 2011, 02:08:47 pm by Drover »
Quote from: \"DRFC-PERKINS\" post=169395
For the time being I think this is the right desicion for the club, he needs to play alot more for him to progress as a player and for us to make sure he's the real deal, then we can sign him up at the end of the sesaon.

Just hope then,that another club does'nt come and offer him a much better deal like Shackell.:unsure:

The L J Monk

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on July 22, 2011, 02:23:32 pm by The L J Monk »
Quote from: \"BillyStubbsTears\" post=169411
That'll be a quiz question in years to come: Which Doncaster Rovers players scored at the rate of 1 goal per start in the Championship and was given a free transfer?

Strange...

Is the answer Steve Brooker?

NorthNorfolkRover

« Reply #10 on July 22, 2011, 02:44:44 pm by NorthNorfolkRover »
Quote from: \"The L J Monk\" post=169459
Quote from: \"BillyStubbsTears\" post=169411

Strange...

Is the answer Steve Brooker?

Not only Billy thats Sharp:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

ljm-drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on July 22, 2011, 03:33:54 pm by ljm-drfc »
Getting Mason back would be a great signing! Loan or permanent, although i'd love him to come permanently.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on July 22, 2011, 05:02:29 pm by Jonathan »
What I don't understand is the quote:

\"He’s in the last year of his contract and unless he signs a new one they (Spurs) would like to see him go out and play more games in the Championship\"

Can anyone explain the logic there? Surely if he isn't going to get a new contract they would look to sell him? If he is to stay at Spurs long term then loaning him outto a Championship club for experience makes sense?

I still think we should test Spurs' resolve with a firm bid. Mason would be a briliant investment and would be worth much more in the coming years.

The problem with a loan, as others have said, is that if he performs to the standard we expect then we will never see him again after the loan ends and Spurs will see all the benefit by either selling him to a wealthier club or keeping him on.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on July 22, 2011, 05:33:13 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
So January could be a key month. Spurs may be open to offers for a permanent deal obviously we want to pay minimum and keep him here for the season.

If he does well, then we may have competition in January for his services.

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on July 22, 2011, 06:34:59 pm by Drover »
Quote from: \"DonnyBazR0ver\" post=169478
So January could be a key month. Spurs may be open to offers for a permanent deal obviously we want to pay minimum and keep him here for the season.

If he does well, then we may have competition in January for his services.

Thats what I was thinking too,when I read the unusual comment Jonathan pointed out.Maybe Mason himself has found it an hard decision to make it permanent and its been agreed to loan him and he can possibly make a decision on a permanent move in Jan window?

Lewis Guys Dentist

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on July 22, 2011, 06:58:07 pm by Lewis Guys Dentist »
Fingers firmly crossed

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on July 22, 2011, 07:52:15 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Quote from: \"Jonathan\" post=169473

The problem with a loan, as others have said, is that if he performs to the standard we expect then we will never see him again after the loan ends and Spurs will see all the
benefit by either selling him to a wealthier club or keeping him on.

Hmm. Not necessarily. I said precisely the same thing re-Billy Sharp in August 2009. I was wrong because I didn't appreciate the depth of our Directors' pockets.

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on July 23, 2011, 06:29:20 am by Dutch Uncle »
Quote from: \"BillyStubbsTears\" post=169494

The problem with a loan, as others have said, is that if he performs to the standard we expect then we will never see him again after the loan ends and Spurs will see all the

Hmm. Not necessarily. I said precisely the same thing re-Billy Sharp in August 2009. I was wrong because I didn't appreciate the depth of our Directors' pockets.

..... combined with Billy being happy to stay with Rovers and turning down approaches to SUFC from elsewhere (Burnley I think?)

We need to get Ryan in the same state of mind :scarf:

Edit: I meant Ryan Mason there but I suppose it equally applies to JR :laugh:

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on July 23, 2011, 08:57:40 am by Norfolk N Chance »
mixed feelings tbh ...certainly is an excellent talent, but would we not be better loaning quality ch?

still not sure his best position.....although he was a world beater in dingleland last year.....

Quote from: \"Dutch Uncle\" post=169517
Quote from: \"BillyStubbsTears\" post=169494

..... combined with Billy being happy to stay with Rovers and turning down approaches to SUFC from elsewhere (Burnley I think?)

We need to get Ryan in the same state of mind :scarf:

Edit: I meant Ryan Mason there but I suppose it equally applies to JR :laugh:

TinyPortal © 2005-2012