Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 09:58:50 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: A bit of pub and train info for the BHAFC game  (Read 2788 times)

BrightonRising

• Forum Member
A bit of pub and train info for the BHAFC game
« on July 31, 2011, 07:13:28 am by BrightonRising »
Hello Donny fans.  Sorry to see the allocation issue still hasn't been sorted. Hope you get the extra tickets that you need.  Anyhoo, here's a bit of info for those travelling by train who enjoy a pre-match beverage or two. :thumbsup:

There are loads of good pubs around Brighton Station and most will let in away fans.  The Battle of Trafalgar (turn right out of the station, cross the road and a short walk up the hill), other good uns are the Evening Star in Surrey Street and the Lord Nelson in Trafalgar Street. But there are loads of others within easy distance of the station. The trains to Falmer then take about ten mins, stopping at London Road and Moulsecoombe stations on the way. The Amex is basically right next to Falmer station.

The pubs around Brighton Station will be very busy though so for those who maybe want things a bit quieter, Lewes would be a good alternative. Trains from London Vic (on the Eastbourne/Hastings route) take about an hour and ten mins.  Then you've got the choice of three or four pubs within easy distance of Lewes station - turn right for the Lansdown or the Royal Oak or turn left, cross the road and go right and a short walk away is the Kings Head. Trains to Falmer from Lewes then take about 6/7 mins and there are about four an hour.

Have fun and looking forward to having a drink and a bit of banter with you lot.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

andysly

• VSC Member
Re: A bit of pub and train info for the BHAFC game
« Reply #1 on July 31, 2011, 07:29:36 am by andysly »
Good on yer.

donnybel

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on July 31, 2011, 08:20:02 am by donnybel »
Hi Brighton, we're driving down can you tell us where the best places to park are, near the stadium?? Preferably for a quick getaway for the long trek home! :)

BrightonRising

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on July 31, 2011, 08:31:08 am by BrightonRising »
Donnybel. Parking near the stadium is limited - best to use the park and ride - here's the stuff from the official website (it does though talk about vouchers so give the club a call about those as I'm not sure the arrangements for visiting fans):

Football Park & Rides
If you have no option other than to travel by car, to take advantage of the club-subsidised Football Park & Ride scheme you will need a book of club travel vouchers.

There are Football Park & Ride sites for your use situated at:
• Mill Road, off A23/A27

• Mithras House and Cockroft House, Lewes Road

• Brighton Racecourse

Please note the Mill Road site can only be accessed from the A23/A27 turn-off at Patcham and by driving west up Mill Road. You will not be allowed to enter Mill Road from the Hove turn-off from the A27.

At all sites, stewards will show you where to park.

Disabled drivers will be directed to spaces next to the Park & Ride bus pick-up points.

The Football Park & Ride buses are exclusively for the use of match goers. When you board the bus have the first part of your travel voucher for inspection. For your return journey, keep hold of the second portion of the travel voucher.

After the match you should go to the pick-up points in the stadium bus and coach park and the buses will then take you back to your car.

The free Park & Ride buses will run from 12 noon on a Saturday and 5.30pm for evening matches, and run for 90 minutes after each match.

Please note all cars must be removed from the Mill Road car park no later than two hours after the match.

scarbrook

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on July 31, 2011, 08:50:35 am by scarbrook »
What about titty bars?:woot:

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on July 31, 2011, 08:51:08 am by The Red Baron »
Thanks BrightonRising. I'm hoping to use the Park and Ride, so I'll be contacting B&HA tomorrow to see if I need a voucher. Hopefully away fans will be able to use match tickets, although I've no problem paying a fiver on the day for parking. My other option is to drive to Lewes, park there and catch the train to Falmer, so thanks for the Lewes info.

Here's hoping for a great day next Saturday- can't wait!

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on July 31, 2011, 09:33:27 am by donnievic »
Thanks for the info brighton rising,any idea if their is a ticket barrier at Falmer train station (sum of us northerners are abit tight lol)is it worth buying a ticket from brighton.

BrightonRising

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on July 31, 2011, 10:03:35 am by BrightonRising »
Quote from: \"scarbrook\" post=170960
What about titty bars?:woot:

Google it.  Don't think there are any near the station though.

BrightonRising

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on July 31, 2011, 10:05:32 am by BrightonRising »
Quote from: \"The Red Baron\" post=170961
Thanks BrightonRising. I'm hoping to use the Park and Ride, so I'll be contacting B&HA tomorrow to see if I need a voucher. Hopefully away fans will be able to use match tickets, although I've no problem paying a fiver on the day for parking. My other option is to drive to Lewes, park there and catch the train to Falmer, so thanks for the Lewes info.

Here's hoping for a great day next Saturday- can't wait!

If you do drive to Lewes, there's a car park right next to the train station.  Not sure what it will cost but I don't think it's any more than a lady godiva to park all day.

BrightonRising

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on July 31, 2011, 10:10:14 am by BrightonRising »
Quote from: \"donnievic\" post=170967
Thanks for the info brighton rising,any idea if their is a ticket barrier at Falmer train station (sum of us northerners are abit tight lol)is it worth buying a ticket from brighton.

Best to get a ticket because there are barriers - although Falmer Station itself is pretty old/small, there's a new pedestrian bridge which is pretty big and new fencing blah blah.  I think the train ticket from Brighton costs about £3 ish.

After the game the queues at the train station were long at yesterdays friendly with spurs (crowd was limited to 17,000) but it all seemed to work and I only had to queue for about 10/15 mins before boarding the train.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on July 31, 2011, 10:32:58 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
Not able to get down myself but I hope everyone has a fantastic day. I'm sure it will be a great atmosphere and I'm sure our fans will make a big contribution.

All geared up to be a cracking game. I've seen some of the highlights from your pre-season games and I think we'll have to keep and eye on Noone, who's popped a few in from the edge of the box.

Just some advice for later in the season when you play them from up the road in Yorkshire. Hide your bins ! Leeds fans seem to like re-arranging some of the furniture especially in new stadiums.

donnybel

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on July 31, 2011, 11:13:43 am by donnybel »
Thanks Brighton for all your help and advice, I bet a lot of us on here have found the info helpful. If all the fans are as friendly and helpful as you it will be a great day.........especially when we win!! ;)

donnynorthbranchdave

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on July 31, 2011, 12:12:10 pm by donnynorthbranchdave »
thanks for information BrightonRising is their any pubs near the ground at all? or are they home fans only?

BrightonRising

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on July 31, 2011, 07:41:21 pm by BrightonRising »
Not many pubs near the ground. There's a pub in Falmer Village called The Swan.  Not sure if they let away fans in or not.  There's another called the Hikers Rest about ten minutes walk from the ground but that can get a bit rough so I'd give that a swerve.  My advice would be to drink in either Brighton or Lewes and then travel in to the stadium.  They serve alcohol in the stadium though and the talk has been to make the away end as welcoming as possible - even having a guest beer from your area on sale - so I'll be interested to see which Donny beer they pick. What's a good local ale from your neck of the woods? Anyway - the pies in the stadium (steak and ale) are brilliant the best stadium pies I've ever tasted - but a bit pricey but I think they do a pie and pint deal for £6 or something.

BrightonRising

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on July 31, 2011, 07:54:25 pm by BrightonRising »
Thanks donnybel.  Like the vast majority of fans (of all clubs, even Leeds) all I want to do is have a few beers, go to the game and enjoy the day.

donnynorthbranchdave

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on July 31, 2011, 08:22:47 pm by donnynorthbranchdave »
thanks again brightonrising cant wait for next saturday :thumbsup:

Lewis Guys Dentist

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on July 31, 2011, 08:29:18 pm by Lewis Guys Dentist »
BrightonRising.. What's your honest prediction for Saturday's game ;).

BrightonRising

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on July 31, 2011, 10:11:44 pm by BrightonRising »
Quote from: \"Lewis Guys Dentist\" post=171148
BrightonRising.. What's your honest prediction for Saturday's game ;).

I think we'll sneak it 2-1. :)

Albert Trousers

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on July 31, 2011, 10:32:37 pm by Albert Trousers »
Looking at a Brighton forum it seems that the bars in the ground stay open until 7pm and you can wonder around and have a beer with the Brighton fans, seems like a great idea giving the relations between the 2 sets of fans. Especially good if your on the train and dont want to queue to get on the station after the game.Good bless the 10pm out of Kings Cross !!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012