Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 03:36:35 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Brian Stock  (Read 2491 times)

SkellowRover

• Forum Member
Brian Stock
« on August 02, 2011, 03:34:14 pm by SkellowRover »
I was gutted when our skipper was expected to be out until christmas but now hearing that he will be back in full training in only 2-3 weeks is making me look forward to the season even more :rtid:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

comeonrovers

• Forum Member
Re: Brian Stock
« Reply #1 on August 02, 2011, 03:44:48 pm by comeonrovers »
If we were to sign Giles Barnes and rashid this week too.  I believe we have a real chance in staking a claim in this division.  

We were written off in league one, then the team showed the pundits what for ...  

I can't wait until the start of the season!

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on August 02, 2011, 04:56:37 pm by mushRTID »
Hopefully this is true and he hasnt been rushed!!

Great news, our best player.

RUPRECHT

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on August 02, 2011, 05:02:56 pm by RUPRECHT »
he was shit at times last season, injured or not he just didnt seem to be trying, lets hope hes rediscovered himself on some remote island during the close season :rtid:

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on August 02, 2011, 05:03:17 pm by Wild Rover »
2 - 3 weeks away from full training, then he has a sort of Pre season, so maybe in 10 weeks he will be sorted.

Mind you with exception of Lockwood and Chambers all the others seem to have same time frame, but there is at least one ommission to the list. Paul Keegan. If he is still at DRFC.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on August 02, 2011, 05:07:42 pm by DearneValleyRover »
Quote from: \"RUPRECHT\" post=171651
he was shit at times last season, injured or not he just didnt seem to be trying, lets hope hes rediscovered himself on some remote island during the close season :rtid:

Have you ever been injured? If so could you give the 100% that others expect of you? God some people just spout bollox.

RUPRECHT

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on August 02, 2011, 06:10:29 pm by RUPRECHT »
Maybe you should read what I said again.

Yes I have been injured and played when not fully fit, thanks for your concern - I accept that he was not 100% but there were things that he could have done but didn't - tackling / chasing loose balls / organising the team etc, at times he seemed to be just going through the motions, not what you would expect from a Captain.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on August 02, 2011, 06:12:34 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Yes, lets make sure he's right an don't rush him back.

He could be useful when it comes to that final promotion push !!

andyst79

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on August 02, 2011, 06:13:22 pm by andyst79 »
He's always been a pussy when it comes to putting his foot in

Lewis Guys Dentist

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on August 02, 2011, 06:15:12 pm by Lewis Guys Dentist »
Hope we dont rush him back, because last time we did he wasnt half as good as he usually is. Let him recover and then hopefully we will have the Paul Scholes of the Championship we know!

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on August 02, 2011, 06:19:36 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
Wonderful news and wonderful player .......

Quote from: \"SkellowRover\" post=171620
I was gutted when our skipper was expected to be out until christmas but now hearing that he will be back in full training in only 2-3 weeks is making me look forward to the season even more :rtid:

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on August 02, 2011, 06:26:46 pm by glosterred »
Quote from: \"comeonrovers\" post=171624
If we were to sign Giles Barnes and rashid this week too.  I believe we have a real chance in staking a claim in this division.  

We were written off in league one, then the team showed the pundits what for ...  

I can't wait until the start of the season!

We were written off in League Two as well - come to that we have been written in all the leagues we have played in - probably including the Conference the first season down there!

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on August 02, 2011, 06:50:00 pm by RobTheRover »
We haven't played in League 2.

Signed.

Mr A. Pedant.

philsky

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on August 02, 2011, 06:56:10 pm by philsky »
I still have my 3rd Division Champions flag pinned on the wall of our cloakroom --- you is correct

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on August 02, 2011, 08:00:37 pm by Jonathan »
Stock is a brilliant player. Hopefully we are in the process of building a midfield that has sufficient quality to mean we don't have to rush him back.

He didn't look himself last season as he was playing games when he really shouldn't have been, simply because we barely had anyone else. Give him time to get up to speed and hopefully we'll have one of the best midfielders in the division again.

Contrary to some opinions, he is excellent at winning the ball back in midfield. It doesn't always take thundering challenges, his timing and anticipation are near perfect when he's on his game.

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on August 02, 2011, 08:14:01 pm by Barmby Rover »
Quote from: \"andyst79\" post=171674

I can't remember the lads name who played for Leicester, but I would seek him out if I were you and ask what happened to him when BS clashed with him.

SkellowRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on August 02, 2011, 08:29:20 pm by SkellowRover »
Quote from: \"Barmby Rover\" post=171733
Quote from: \"andyst79\" post=171674

I can't remember the lads name who played for Leicester, but I would seek him out if I were you and ask what happened to him when BS clashed with him.

Matty Fryatt :thumbsup:

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on August 02, 2011, 08:30:15 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Yeah, I think Stock is under-estimated for the challenges he makes and the headers he wins. There are one two exceptions. I can think of the one at Barnsley couple of years back when winning 1-0 and he had the opportunity to put Campbell-Rice in row 2 but missed him and we all know what happened after that.

On balance though he doesn't shirk and I recall many more winning tackles.

Persuadle

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on August 02, 2011, 08:41:30 pm by Persuadle »
Keegan was training with the fit players of the squad yesterday at Cantley Park whilst Stock, Woods, Martis were doing extensive leg work but no ball contact at this stage.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012