Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 08:40:34 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Brighton tickets  (Read 2531 times)

MrFrost

• Forum Member
Brighton tickets
« on August 02, 2011, 08:43:11 pm by MrFrost »
Have the extra tickets gone?

Brighton site and forum states there will be NO more tickets for their fans, which begs the question, why hasn't the whole stand been given to us? If it had been in the first place, we would have sold out IMO.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Ollie the Legend!

• Forum Member
Re: Brighton tickets
« Reply #1 on August 02, 2011, 08:50:49 pm by Ollie the Legend! »
I think we would have sold out if we had been given the full allocation as well. The whole thing seems to be a bit messed up :S

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on August 02, 2011, 09:00:04 pm by hoolahoop »
Quote from: \"MrFrost\" post=171749
Have the extra tickets gone?

Brighton site and forum states there will be NO more tickets for their fans, which begs the question, why hasn't the whole stand been given to us? If it had been in the first place, we would have sold out IMO.

It is what it is now Frosty , nobody could have predicted the 'rush' on the tickets. We would have known exactly where we were and would have sold out had it have been 2 per STH in the first place.
Perhaps they had anticipated a smaller 'away' turnout and had a list of their own on that premise. Now it would look ridiculous if they now put their own fans in the away end.
Hence the original request for 1500 by our TO being turned into 1000, then 'upped' to a further 200 and finally when some of our our supporters had given up hoping a final 348....strange amount that! Total 1548.

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on August 02, 2011, 09:51:25 pm by Superspy »
Such a shame, but there we are, those of us fortunate enough to have gotten tickets should be thankful. Bring on the Brighton.....pfft.....bring on the Rovers! :D

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on August 02, 2011, 09:56:48 pm by hoolahoop »
Quote from: \"Superspy\" post=171774
Such a shame, but there we are, those of us fortunate enough to have gotten tickets should be thankful. Bring on the Brighton.....pfft.....bring on the Rovers! :D

I'm with you SS, I'm sure we can outsing and outplay the bummers, perhaps they were scared of nigh on 2000 hairy Yorkies running around their fair city eh ?
Roll on Satdi and a great win.

Red wizard

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on August 02, 2011, 10:54:34 pm by Red wizard »
Has it not got any thing to do with the saftey ticket?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on August 02, 2011, 11:20:53 pm by silent majority »
Quote from: \"Red wizard\" post=171787

It might have done to start with, hence the delay until the final ramp up event took place last Saturday. However that's no excuse for not parting with the full allocation as of Monday this week, The FL regs state 2,000 or 10% of capacity whichever is the greater, that's our entitlement. That then begs the question, is it BHFC or DRFC that is causing the problem here?

If DRFC are insisting that you must be a previous customer and on the database that's their prerogative, however they then must accept the responsibility for DRFC fans not getting what they want. Brighton have no option, if we want our full allocation then they must provide.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on August 02, 2011, 11:41:06 pm by Filo »
Quote from: \"silent_majority\" post=171794

It might have done to start with, hence the delay until the final ramp up event took place last Saturday. However that's no excuse for not parting with the full allocation as of Monday this week, The FL regs state 2,000 or 10% of capacity whichever is the greater, that's our entitlement. That then begs the question, is it BHFC or DRFC that is causing the problem here?

If DRFC are insisting that you must be a previous customer and on the database that's their prerogative, however they then must accept the responsibility for DRFC fans not getting what they want. Brighton have no option, if we want our full allocation then they must provide.

Looking at the wording from various sources, it sounds like Brighton want paying in advance for the tickets regardless of whether they sell or not, Rovers probably were n`t prepared to do this so only requested a figure they were confident of selling, when that figure was sold out then Rovers opened up a waiting list and then requested the amount of tickets to match the amount of people on the waiting list. Thats how it reads to me!

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on August 03, 2011, 12:06:05 am by Mr1Croft »
Quote from: \"Filo\" post=171798

Looking at the wording from various sources, it sounds like Brighton want paying in advance for the tickets regardless of whether they sell or not, Rovers probably were n`t prepared to do this so only requested a figure they were confident of selling, when that figure was sold out then Rovers opened up a waiting list and then requested the amount of tickets to match the amount of people on the waiting list. Thats how it reads to me!

It's a real shame really. I think with the 2 clubs and fans history, the fact that it is the opening day of the season and a new stadium, everyone wants to see that ground full to the rafters for it's first league encounter, and it will the Rovers stand that will have 1000 empty seats.

I think it is silly of the Rovers really to not buy the tickets in advance if this is true, had we asked for them earlier I do think we would have sold at least 2000, and would have only been 500 seats off a sell out, whereas now (although we have sold out what we have been given) it will be a poor turnout, and possibly one of the poorer turnouts Brighton will see this season from away fans. (Everyone wants to go to new grounds)

Ahh well, I have my ticket; roll on saturday...

DonnyRTID

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on August 03, 2011, 06:49:14 am by DonnyRTID »
1500, hardly a poor turnout!.

Rios

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on August 03, 2011, 06:54:07 am by Rios »

Surely there's an easier way of doing it than this?  If we're playing Leeds, a big team or one of the Sheffield clubs then fine, but how many Brighton fans are living in Donny exactly?  So anyone with a Doncaster postcode should have been able to buy a ticket.  Anyone outside that would need purchase history (and I fall into that catagory) but if you're an exile then you're likely to have that already.  Surely this way fewer people will be penalised by the ticket office sticking so rigidly to a silly rule that was only there initially to stop Leeds fans buying Wembley tickets, which failed spectacularly anyway!

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on August 03, 2011, 07:48:50 am by silent majority »

Filo,

Pre-purchase doesn't apply in the Championship between clubs, so that one's ruled out too.

I would suggest that, after my discussion with Brighton as well, the two clubs were trying to stop Brighton fans from buying tickets in the away end and this was the compromise. Whichever way you look at it the performance has been amateur to say the least. My feelings are that Brighton have caused the most problems but we have gone along with it far too easily.

I tried yet again to get an answer out of Brighton about away parking but no success. There just isn't any official provision for those away fans travelling by car. And yet again this is something DRFC should be taking an interest in, we are there to support them after all.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on August 03, 2011, 08:12:26 am by The Red Baron »
Re the car parking. After reading a couple of posts on the Brighton board (North Stand Chat) I decided to ring their ticket office. After waiting over half an hour in the queue (I think the Keepmoat TO scores on that one!) I spoke to a very helpful Scottish chap who sorted me out a park and ride voucher which he said would be posted to me. It cost me £2 plus a £2 admin charge (!) and I should be getting it today. However, the chap O spoke to did say that \"we don't seem to have a procedure for away fans.\" I pointed out to him that Rovers are unlikely to be the only club with fans who live a distance from their home ground (and are therefore unlikely to be able to travel by coach) so the problem is likely to recur.

May not be too late for anyone who wants to do the same, but be prepared for a long wait on the phone!

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on August 03, 2011, 11:38:59 am by hoolahoop »

Not correct Filo on a number of counts:-

1) We originally requested 1500 tickets according to TracyB and go sent 1000 tickets, asked for more and got sent a further 200 (still not 1500). Started a waiting list and got a further 348.
2) We don't need to pay for the tickets , it's not SOR.
3) It's a completely segregated away end thus no safety precautions were required.
4) 1 ticket per. STH did not allow STH'S to take their partners , kids etc. on the initial sale.
Sounds like it has been a shambles and a total lack of communication between the 2 clubs that has caused this mess.
Finally I don't think that BHAFC have been as helpful as they could have been for ulterior motives in the initial stages i.e they wanted to segregate the away end in some shape or form prior to all this happening and that could explain the reduction in the original ticket request.
Time was never on the side of our supporters (due to the logistics etc) and neither was the way the tickets were originally allocated.
I'm going but there would have been a 'full' away end IMO comprising supporters from our club. :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on August 03, 2011, 12:02:04 pm by The Red Baron »
Quote from: \"The Red Baron\" post=171821
Re the car parking. After reading a couple of posts on the Brighton board (North Stand Chat) I decided to ring their ticket office. After waiting over half an hour in the queue (I think the Keepmoat TO scores on that one!) I spoke to a very helpful Scottish chap who sorted me out a park and ride voucher which he said would be posted to me. It cost me £2 plus a £2 admin charge (!) and I should be getting it today. However, the chap O spoke to did say that \"we don't seem to have a procedure for away fans.\" I pointed out to him that Rovers are unlikely to be the only club with fans who live a distance from their home ground (and are therefore unlikely to be able to travel by coach) so the problem is likely to recur.

May not be too late for anyone who wants to do the same, but be prepared for a long wait on the phone!

Update on the car parking- no voucher in the post today. I still have tomorrow and Friday for it to arrive, but I'd urge anyone wanting to use the park and ride to call Brighton asap. And be ready for a long wait...

I know our ticket office gets stick occasionally but I phoned up for a Derby ticket on Monday and it arrived in the post yesterday. Top service!

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on August 03, 2011, 12:23:19 pm by albie »
It takes a bit of searching on the club’s web site to find out what the travel arrangements are.  However you can find details given a while back;  
http://www.seagulls.co.uk/page/Latest/0,,10433~2385248,00.html

For details of the buses run by Brighton buses;
http://www.buses.co.uk/news/story.aspx?articleid=557

If driving, you can park at Lewes station (£5 I think) and travel to falmer by train (first stop, 5 minutes, trains every 20 mins).

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on August 03, 2011, 12:27:14 pm by GazLaz »
It's all been a farce. I think we have played our part in it too.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on August 03, 2011, 12:31:43 pm by Filo »
Quote from: \"hoolahoop\" post=171866

Not correct Filo on a number of counts:-

1) We originally requested 1500 tickets according to TracyB and go sent 1000 tickets, asked for more and got sent a further 200 (still not 1500). Started a waiting list and got a further 348.
2) We don't need to pay for the tickets , it's not SOR.
3) It's a completely segregated away end thus no safety precautions were required.
4) 1 ticket per. STH did not allow STH'S to take their partners , kids etc. on the initial sale.
Sounds like it has been a shambles and a total lack of communication between the 2 clubs that has caused this mess.
Finally I don't think that BHAFC have been as helpful as they could have been for ulterior motives in the initial stages i.e they wanted to segregate the away end in some shape or form prior to all this happening and that could explain the reduction in the original ticket request.
Time was never on the side of our supporters (due to the logistics etc) and neither was the way the tickets were originally allocated.
I'm going but there would have been a 'full' away end IMO comprising supporters from our club. :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Taken from a post by silent_majority on the Brighton Ticket Decision thread:

the MD at Brighton, has agreed that we can have extra tickets for this Saturday. It was suggested to me that any further decisions would have to be made by DRFC and our ticket office should be in a position to purchase what they need to meet demand

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on August 03, 2011, 04:07:49 pm by Superspy »
Well I'm going down by car and I'd rather not have to park elsewhere and get a train/bus if possible. I'll just wing it and work it out when I get there, lol.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012