Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 08:06:03 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Violence after Tranmere  (Read 3519 times)

dn5red

Violence after Tranmere
« on August 10, 2011, 07:06:42 am by dn5red »
To the idiot last night kicking the s**t out of some one near tesco warehouse... You sir are a disgrace!! No better than the lowlifes rioting on the streets of this country. You do not deserve to wear a Rover's shirt and be any where near the club if you find that behaviour acceptable.

Hopefully I can convince my friend (who was on her first Rover's visit) that not all Rover's fans are middle aged prats that should know better.

I hope the police caught up with you last night or do very soon!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

toocheaptogo

• Forum Member
Re: Violence after Tranmere
« Reply #1 on August 10, 2011, 10:00:04 am by toocheaptogo »
Take it you didn't step in and help the poor guy that was 'having the s**t kicked out of him' by this thug?

One_Matty_Lucas

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on August 10, 2011, 10:00:58 am by One_Matty_Lucas »
Quote from: \"toocheaptogo\" post=174158
Take it you didn't step in and help the poor guy that was 'having the s**t kicked out of him' by this thug?

Thats what i was thinking.

Thinwhiteduke

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on August 10, 2011, 11:37:41 am by Thinwhiteduke »
Quote from: \"toocheaptogo\" post=174158

Ditto.

What sort of person would witness it and walk away when they could step in?

Keith Myath

« Reply #4 on August 10, 2011, 12:01:47 pm by Keith Myath »
If he didnt step in, i hope he took a good description and rang the police there and then.

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on August 10, 2011, 12:11:59 pm by jonnydog »
To be fair, a large majority of society these days just walk on by and ignore things like this. I've always been one to get involved and to hell wth the consequences which, according to Mrs JD, could end up with me getting too involved and stabbed one day.

For that reason I can see why some don't get involved, but at least ring the fuzz, surely there was a uniform presence around the ground last night?

Also, dn5red may have been driving at the time!

dn5red

« Reply #6 on August 10, 2011, 12:23:31 pm by dn5red »
I was in the car but pulled over and rang the police, as the police advised me and my friend not get out the car and go over we left the police to do their job.  How many of you would want your wives/girlfriends/daughters getting out of their car to go to try and stop them??

toocheaptogo

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on August 10, 2011, 12:51:25 pm by toocheaptogo »
It clearly depends on the circumstances. But after a match when there's a lot of civilised foot/car traffic past the incident where 1 man is beating the hell out another man, that wouldn't post too much harm to those who might step in to help.

Whereas, a person stepping in to stop a gang, then this would clearly be a different situation. I just think in this situation, it sounds like you took the easy route.

ian1980

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on August 10, 2011, 01:03:44 pm by ian1980 »
Quote from: \"dn5red\" post=174213
I was in the car but pulled over and rang the police, as the police advised me and my friend not get out the car and go over we left the police to do their job.  How many of you would want your wives/girlfriends/daughters getting out of their car to go to try and stop them??

I am guessing from this line the poster is female. I could be wrong, but if they are, then I think they did the right thing by staying in their car and calling the police.

As they have said I wouldn't want my wife or daughter going across and getting involved either.

Viking Don

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on August 10, 2011, 01:20:20 pm by Viking Don »
Last time I jumped in to help a complete stranger getting a pasting I was the one who got arrested, and despite all the naughty things I've done it's still the only thing on my criminal record. The gang doing the beating got away scot free and the guy getting pasted disappeared without trace and wouldn't vouch that I was only trying to help him!

The cops told me I shouldn't have got involved and to leave it to them.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on August 10, 2011, 01:38:20 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Quote from: \"toocheaptogo\" post=174222
I just think in this situation, it sounds like you took the easy route.

Yeah, f**k what the police tell you to do, that's the easy route. Just wade in there!

DRFC-PERKINS

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on August 10, 2011, 02:11:34 pm by DRFC-PERKINS »
Depending on the situation if it was me and there was a lad laying into another lad, I'd just get em off each other and if they wanted to go, I'd go by the words of Ron Burgundy 'I've got Jack Johnson and Tom O'Leary waiting for you.'

Peace is the way foreward but ya know sometimes you've gotta give someone a slap if they are being an arse.

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on August 10, 2011, 03:38:53 pm by not on facebook »
what if the fella that had been getting the kicking had been
upto no good with the attackers wife/girlfriend?

no fcuker knows do they.

unless for sure you can see its rival fans at it, think twice
before stepping in.

toocheaptogo

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on August 10, 2011, 03:54:21 pm by toocheaptogo »
Someone attacking you can happen in any circumstance, man or woman, doesn't matter if your trying to help someone out or your walking down street on your mobile phone. You can't say what or if.

I accept, women shouldn't be put in that situation. But the old woman with the handbag didn't think about the jewellery robbers stabbing, shooting or attacking her when she started hitting them with her handbag. I'd even suggest that a verbal confrontation to this attacker last night would of stopped him doing what he was doing. But, each to their own. I'm just saying that I'd of at least attempted to stop it.

dn5red

« Reply #14 on August 10, 2011, 07:02:38 pm by dn5red »
If I had thought a verbal confrontation would have helped I would have tried, but what are two women going to do against a man and his friends who are twice our size?

I did what I thought was best in calling the police. Personally I dont think its safe in these times to intervine.  Especially when the police are round the corner at the ground and can help the poor guy better than I could.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on August 10, 2011, 07:08:29 pm by hoolahoop »
Quote from: \"dn5red\" post=174343
If I had thought a verbal confrontation would have helped I would have tried, but what are two women going to do against a man and his friends who are twice our size?

I did what I thought was best in calling the police. Personally I dont think its safe in these times to intervine.  Especially when the police are round the corner at the ground and can help the poor guy better than I could.

You don't need to defend your actions, many a hulk on here would have turned a blind eye too. You did what you could, just shows how some jumped to conclusions earlier in the thread that you were the equivalent of Van Damme. B)

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on August 10, 2011, 07:29:28 pm by ravenrover »
As we left the ground there were a couple of \"young\" Tranmere fans giving it loud as they walked up towards the Tesco. Just on the alle near the Kitchen store a \"gang\" of young, in some cases very young spotty oiks were planning to stone the Tranmere Supporters bus but no police about. Perhaps they were the ones who gave out the kicking?

dn5red

« Reply #17 on August 10, 2011, 07:33:43 pm by dn5red »
The guy we reported was easily in his mid to late forties.

jucyberry

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on August 10, 2011, 08:34:55 pm by jucyberry »
DN5 did exactly the right thing, she called the police. I'm sorry but those old women who bash yobs with their handbags are dammed lucky and frankly either brave or stupid. thankfully what could have been a tragedy turned out to be a slightly skewered feelgood story.

Do you think the piece of crap beating that man would have stopped because she said so? I doubt it very much. Life is terribly cheap in this country at the moment, and if she had stepped in she wouldn't have been able to defend herself if he turned on her. Because lets face it, the poor man getting a beating couldn't defend himself, so what chance would a woman have?

Most women aren't as macho as men remember.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012