Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 06:58:08 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Was I at the same match.....................  (Read 2495 times)

Big lad up front

• Forum Member
Was I at the same match.....................
« on August 14, 2011, 03:18:34 pm by Big lad up front »
Sunday mirror.....Dick Cherry quote..........West Ham were on nother planet to Doncaster and if you can get a bet
 that these sides will be two divisions apart next season bite the bookies hand off........
\" They could not cope with Collison,Mark Noble,Nolan,Parker & Matt Taylor............

I`m sorry how many saves did woods have to make yesterday

OK we seemed scared to death of them in the first half but i thought we were equally as good second & with a
little composure in front of goal.............

All the same Dick dont make it so obvious that you like a lot have got big boys syndrome when repoting in this league.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
Re: Was I at the same match.....................
« Reply #1 on August 14, 2011, 03:24:47 pm by bobjimwilly »
Let's just hope opposition players read all this crap about us and come to the Keepmoat underestimating us and expecting an easy ride :scarf:

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on August 14, 2011, 03:27:07 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Quite right. The reporting across the board has been pretty poor although the Sky Sports report was nearer the mark.

Suits us. Let's see what they are saying come Christmas.

Dr Fundlekrotch

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on August 14, 2011, 03:41:24 pm by Dr Fundlekrotch »
That's pretty much the report from the League Paper.  Don't normally buy that (and won't again) but saw that Giles Barnes was interviewed.  It was actually a FLJ staple of 'Why did he choose Donny over Monaco?\" with pictures of a Donny council estate alongside Monaco harbour.

As for the match report - Oster got a 7 \"the only Rovers player to come out of this with any credit\".  The rest were 4s and 5s!!!

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on August 14, 2011, 04:10:49 pm by bobjimwilly »
Quote from: \"Dr Fundlekrotch\" post=175618
As for the match report - Oster got a 7 \"the only Rovers player to come out of this with any credit\".  The rest were 4s and 5s!!!

:silly:

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on August 14, 2011, 04:12:13 pm by MachoMadness »
It only helps us that teams underestimate us like this but at the same time it pisses me off. We were the better side yesterday IMO and deserved at least a point. West Ham looked effective but nothing special against a team with 10 players out injured, that's for sure. Here's to the pub team taking 3 points off the European champs on Tuesday :thumbsup: :rtid:

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on August 14, 2011, 04:27:04 pm by Filo »
Quote from: \"MachoMadness\" post=175622
It only helps us that teams underestimate us like this but at the same time it pisses me off. We were the better side yesterday IMO and deserved at least a point. West Ham looked effective but nothing special against a team with 10 players out injured, that's for sure. Here's to the pub team taking 3 points off the European champs on Tuesday :thumbsup: :rtid:

I thought we were playing the European Champions the following Tuesday in the Carling Cup? ;)

I-was-there1976

« Reply #7 on August 14, 2011, 04:40:41 pm by I-was-there1976 »
SOD wasnt happy with the performance

Sean O’Driscoll blasted his team, claiming he was “gobsmacked” by their performance.

O’Driscoll fielded an injury-depleted side without the likes of Billy Sharp, but he offered that as no excuse for a defeat that extends their winless league run to 14 games stretching into last season.

“Too many people who think they can play in this division didn’t do the basics well,” he said.

“We said before the game it doesn’t matter if you’re playing West Ham, Real Madrid or Barcelona we know the things we need to do well and which are important. Today they weren’t important to us.

“I’m gobsmacked.”

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on August 14, 2011, 04:43:20 pm by Filo »
Quote from: \"I-was-there1976\" post=175634
SOD wasnt happy with the performance

Sean O’Driscoll blasted his team, claiming he was “gobsmacked” by their performance.

O’Driscoll fielded an injury-depleted side without the likes of Billy Sharp, but he offered that as no excuse for a defeat that extends their winless league run to 14 games stretching into last season.

“Too many people who think they can play in this division didn’t do the basics well,” he said.

“We said before the game it doesn’t matter if you’re playing West Ham, Real Madrid or Barcelona we know the things we need to do well and which are important. Today they weren’t important to us.

“I’m gobsmacked.”

Journo`s twisting things to suit, listen to the interview on DROS he said that about the first half, not the whole game!

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on August 14, 2011, 06:00:53 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Exactly. THe bit where he said we're as good as them wasn't printed anywhere, it was sod being sod and wanting the basics right and he's spot on. It was a basic error that cost us the game yesterday nothing else.

RTID75

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on August 14, 2011, 07:46:15 pm by RTID75 »
Yes, I read the Mirror report too. I wondered if he was at the match, or getting a couple of stats and making the rest up. Seems to me like the latter.

Chrisd_123

« Reply #11 on August 14, 2011, 08:47:40 pm by Chrisd_123 »
The BBC gave this cracker too...
\"The Hammers, with influential midfielder Scott Parker excelling at the heart of a 4-5-1 formation\"

I'm sorry but did he actually touch the ball? Now if they'd put Nolan it would be a different story but Parker was a passenger yesterday.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on August 14, 2011, 09:11:08 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
'm sorry but did he actually touch the ball? Now if they'd put Nolan it would be a different story but Parker was a passenger yesterday.

Even Hammers fans are complaining that he just runs a round in circles !

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on August 14, 2011, 09:25:04 pm by ravenrover »
Quote from: \"DonnyBazR0ver\" post=175729
'm sorry but did he actually touch the ball? Now if they'd put Nolan it would be a different story but Parker was a passenger yesterday.

Even Hammers fans are complaining that he just runs a round in circles !

And people in the know keep asking why no-one has made a move for him, totally anonymous against \"the likes of Doncaster\" ffs

Viking Don

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on August 14, 2011, 10:53:56 pm by Viking Don »
Dick Cherry (the 'reporter' in question) is probably being paid by the bookmakers to print that rubbish. That's what my money is on anyway.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on August 15, 2011, 12:33:34 am by RobTheRover »
Is Dick Cherry his name or a description?

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on August 15, 2011, 07:31:05 am by vaya »
For anyone who issed the Football League show, I've yet again managed to get a transcrip:

“…. And congratulations to [strike]Brighton[/strike] West Ham, who finally won the game as they should”

“Yes, there can’t have been a greater day since Jesus walked amongst us. I think this is the happiest moment of my life”

“Undoubtedly. Apparently Doncaster were involved in that game as well, and a brief word for them as [strike]all their players disappeared in a mass spontaneous human combustion event.[/strike] Hopefully this will mean they’ll be back in the Conference soon.

“Let’s hope so. I feel dirty just saying their name. Now over to Lizzie with your texts”

“Thanks. Some real debate here. This one’s from Geoff in Chelmsford, who says Leeds are great. One here though from Mike in Nottingham who says Forest are great. Some real debate there I’m sure you’ll agree

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on August 15, 2011, 07:46:22 am by Donnywolf »
Quote from: \"Viking Don\" post=175746
Dick Cherry (the 'reporter' in question) is probably being paid by the bookmakers to print that rubbish. That's what my money is on anyway.

Funnilly enough I sent the (original) quote to a fellow STH and this morning he sent this reply

Who was the writer? Get me his name and cut out or copy that quotation and we'll research his connection with one of the Bookmakers.

Has he ever seen a football match in his life?  Did he or his proxy watch the same game as everybody else?

Even if he thought Rovers were absolute garbage which part of WHU's display convinced him that they were good enough to go straight back up? Just think and analyse what you saw.  Nolan scored and hit the bar.   When WHU were supposedly in control in the first half both Brown and Bennet, neither of which are Premiership class created chances which they both scuffed sending the ball trickling to Green.  In the second half when Dumbaye tackled, got up retrieved the ball and put Coppinger through on goal, which he cocked up did that make WHU look completely in control?

Fact is all Rover's second half possession wasn't due to WHU sitting back it was because they were being pinned back.

Did the agitated Sam Allardyce look like a manager whose team was comfortable and in control?  Let's face it any championship side such as Cardiff, with recognised championship strikers leading them would have made WHU pay.  They were not, are not a particularly strong team.  They will have to improve to make their presence felt in this league.

Diar

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on August 15, 2011, 01:18:10 pm by Diar »
Outrageous view of a game that, after the first 10 minutes, I felt quite comfortable with.  Even the blokes own stats showed Rovers had more shots on target, equal off target, and a possession of 49%/51% to WH.  How's that reflected in his comments?
Saturday gave me hope that, even with injuries, we can still overcome being starstruck and give even the title favourites a run for their money.  Giles Barnes top marks by a mile?  Didnt he see Muzzy put in yet another wonderful performance?
This league is always difficult, but if thats the best they can throw at us, according to evrybody else, we've nothing to fear.
Forest might get a wupping tomorrow.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012