Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 06:20:24 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Feeling good!  (Read 2159 times)

graingrover

• VSC Member
Feeling good!
« on January 22, 2023, 05:20:27 pm by graingrover »
I have got that feel-good factor back! Though this is the very first transfer window for the new management, it is a marker and fully satisfies my belief that the club has a sound, forward-looking duo in DS and JC. All we need is a good run and an injury-free Spring and I see a playoff place for the Rovers .

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Donny Exile in York

• Forum Member
Re: Feeling good!
« Reply #1 on January 22, 2023, 05:25:03 pm by Donny Exile in York »
I have got that feel-good factor back! Though this is the very first transfer window for the new management, it is a marker and fully satisfies my belief that the club has a sound, forward-looking duo in DS and JC. All we need is a good run and an injury-free Spring and I see a playoff place for the Rovers .

Some ones been on the loopy juice

Arsenal Of The North

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on January 22, 2023, 06:04:17 pm by Arsenal Of The North »

Some ones been on the loopy juice

Sunday sesh, Monday mess! Haha

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on January 22, 2023, 08:40:11 pm by Alan Southstand »
Have we done some business I’ve missed?

What has happened to give you renewed confidence, Graing?

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on January 23, 2023, 03:10:50 am by Sammy Chung was King »
His numbers came up on the rovers lottery ;)

Silkscarf

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on January 23, 2023, 07:04:24 am by Silkscarf »
I’m also feeling good. We’ve signed some new players and I’m keen to see what they’re like. We’ve improved of late. We’ve had a little break from games and we re-start with Mansfield away. Fantastic.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on January 23, 2023, 08:31:03 am by Campsall rover »
Hallelujah. Some positivity on this forum

Yes I do understand why people have been so negative including myself at times after what we have witnessed on the football pitch over the last 2 yrs but yes as you say graingrover there is definitely light at the end of the tunnel.
I firmly believe we have bottomed out and the only way is up from this point in time.

Time is the key. Give DS and Copps time. We need to do that. We may not go up this season and if we don’t it isn’t a disaster. This summer will be key with the recruitment.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on January 23, 2023, 12:49:24 pm by roversdude »
Well said Camps

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on January 23, 2023, 01:01:59 pm by Alickismyhero »
Well said Camps,

I hope we do well in the next 3 games.

Its not the end of the world if we dont go up.

I don't see relegation but whatever happens I will always be a Rovers supporter.

RugbyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on January 23, 2023, 01:13:47 pm by RugbyRover »
I can't help but feel its this attitude which explains why the club is in the state its in.

Not a disaster if we stay in L2 for a couple of years!
Don't worry, it'll be fine next year!
Jam tomorrow, never today.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on January 23, 2023, 01:16:45 pm by roversdude »
What a ridiculous statement the club are having a bad patch because we have some die hard fans

Donny Exile in York

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on January 23, 2023, 01:27:17 pm by Donny Exile in York »
What a ridiculous comment to suggest that only die hard fans support the current status quo, i suggest good number of die hard fans don't!

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on January 23, 2023, 02:56:15 pm by Campsall rover »
Who is supporting the status quo?

We are where we are. The past is gone it can’t be reversed. Not one of our supporters, die hard or others will have been happy with the last 2 yrs or so.  Mistakes were made, some big ones and we all acknowledge that happened.
Now let’s look forward with some positivity. 

We have almost certainly bottomed out imo.
DS & JC will be doing all they can to get us upwardly mobile with the support of the board.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on January 23, 2023, 03:17:53 pm by Campsall rover »
I can't help but feel its this attitude which explains why the club is in the state its in.

Not a disaster if we stay in L2 for a couple of years!
Don't worry, it'll be fine next year!
Jam tomorrow, never today.
We have a divine right to go straight back up then do we?
There are a lot of clubs in this league with ambitions of promotion inc us. 
No it’s not a disaster if we don’t go up this season. We need to go up strong so that we will be more than competitive in League 1
That might mean building the squad further in the next transfer window.  We are limited i in what we can do in this one as are all clubs.

Donny Exile in York

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on January 23, 2023, 05:58:33 pm by Donny Exile in York »
Who is supporting the status quo?

We are where we are. The past is gone it can’t be reversed. Not one of our supporters, die hard or others will have been happy with the last 2 yrs or so.  Mistakes were made, some big ones and we all acknowledge that happened.
Now let’s look forward with some positivity. 

We have almost certainly bottomed out imo.
DS & JC will be doing all they can to get us upwardly mobile with the support of the board.

I really hope your right about the bottoming out CR, its been a hard few years for the club and all fans. Discussions about the Board, and sustainability aside, I hope DS and JC etc. can pull some rabbits out of the proverbial recruitment hat and develop them, as well as deliver the style of play early signs have shown and we can move back into an upward trajectory now and coming seasons. 

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on January 23, 2023, 06:18:36 pm by graingrover »
Perceptions will always depend on what is being perceived and the character and personalities of the perceivers.

Rovers91

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on January 23, 2023, 06:35:16 pm by Rovers91 »
I've seen nothing yet to suggest there should be optimism.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on January 23, 2023, 08:44:16 pm by Campsall rover »
Well said Camps,

I hope we do well in the next 3 games.

Its not the end of the world if we dont go up.

I don't see relegation but whatever happens I will always be a Rovers supporter.
If we don’t finish 15 points above the bottom 2 I really will eat my hat.  There is no way we will finish in the bottom 10 this season, I just can’t see it.
Think top 7 is very very achievable and i honestly think we will achieve it. Whether we go up is another thing. Play offs are always an unknown.

League table prediction. Top 12

1) Stevenage
2) Leyton Orient
3) Stockport County

4) Northampton Town
5) Bradford City
6) Doncaster Rovers
7) Salford City

8)  Swindon Town
9)  Carlisle United
10) Walsall
11) Mansfield Town
12) Barrow

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on January 23, 2023, 08:47:02 pm by DearneValleyRover »
It’s only achievable if we get at least 2 more players in who can fight for a starting place and/or make an impact off the bench, if not I feel we will fall short

TinyPortal © 2005-2012