Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 06:04:44 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: GmcS v DS  (Read 1521 times)

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
GmcS v DS
« on February 11, 2023, 12:00:32 pm by Bessie Red »
Both have exactly the same win percentage (43%) this season which equates to 60 points over the season which will probably leave us just short of the play offs.
So was it worth changing managers or not?

Thoughts everyone!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
Re: GmcS v DS
« Reply #1 on February 11, 2023, 12:05:08 pm by DearneValleyRover »
Personally I think we look worse under DS however long term if recruitment is right we will have a better manager in DS

karldew

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on February 11, 2023, 12:14:41 pm by karldew »
It’s still not great to watch really. The last few games have been Mcsheffrey like but, when DS first came in the football seemed to improve a little. The last few games it seems we can’t play any decent football, not sure if the dip is due to pressure/formation he’s putting on the players to play a certain way, and/or they don’t understand/can’t play how he’s asking them to.

Hopefully it clicks, or he needs to revert to an easier system

Cramby10

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on February 11, 2023, 12:45:27 pm by Cramby10 »
There’s really not much to choose between them. But then both had next to no experience of league football. Just the same as Butler also. Who knew the outcome would be the same??? One day the penny might drop.
The football is particularly dreadful to watch. We won on Tuesday and I walked away numb. I should have been happy. But the entertainment was awful due to the appalling standard.
If I can’t get no pleasure from seeing my team then sadly I think it may be time for a break from it and walk away for a period of time. They don’t need my negativity. I’ve watched for 36 years but my enthusiasm has evaporated to nothing.

Bailey Vickerage

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on February 11, 2023, 12:48:17 pm by Bailey Vickerage »
On the whole under DS the football has been a lot better than before and there’s a clear style of play, under GMcS there was no style of play and that was after nearly a year in charge (DS has had 3 months and that 3 months has been very stop start).

Yes the performance on Tuesday wasn’t great but the team was out of confidence after losing 3 in a row so Tuesday was one where we needed to dig in and grind out a result and we did that with 2 goals and a clean sheet which will boost the confidence of all the team.

Give DS time and I believe he will prove to be a very good appointment, it’s very clear to us what type of player he wants in each position and the signings him and Copps made in january are good signings imo.

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on February 11, 2023, 01:09:12 pm by Bessie Red »
There’s really not much to choose between them. But then both had next to no experience of league football. Just the same as Butler also. Who knew the outcome would be the same??? One day the penny might drop.
The football is particularly dreadful to watch. We won on Tuesday and I walked away numb. I should have been happy. But the entertainment was awful due to the appalling standard.
If I can’t get no pleasure from seeing my team then sadly I think it may be time for a break from it and walk away for a period of time. They don’t need my negativity. I’ve watched for 36 years but my enthusiasm has evaporated to nothing.
Keep the faith Cramby, its exactly in times like these that we need good loyal supporters to hopefully encourage better performances/results! I've been going since 73/74 & I can tell you it's been difficult to get the enthusiasm to go on many occasions but I still went & don't regret one second of it, good or bad.

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on February 11, 2023, 01:09:34 pm by pib »
I have a lot more confidence in DS to take us forward than I did GM, although admittedly it hasn’t clicked yet.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on February 11, 2023, 01:41:48 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Despite how boring we've been out away following has been decent this season. Guarantee there will be 1500 at Stockport soon with how easy it is to get to.

Cramby10

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on February 11, 2023, 01:48:18 pm by Cramby10 »
Keep the faith Cramby, its exactly in times like these that we need good loyal supporters to hopefully encourage better performances/results! I've been going since 73/74 & I can tell you it's been difficult to get the enthusiasm to go on many occasions but I still went & don't regret one second of it, good or bad.
went home and away in the conference. Arguably some of the more enjoyable days being a rovers fan. But my well is dry now. Can barely muster a cheer when we score now. I need a reset.

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on February 11, 2023, 05:47:49 pm by Bessie Red »
went home and away in the conference. Arguably some of the more enjoyable days being a rovers fan. But my well is dry now. Can barely muster a cheer when we score now. I need a reset.
Hopefully today's result has given you a smile!

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on February 11, 2023, 05:49:53 pm by Campsall rover »
It’s given me one. I can’t stop smiling.
It’s good to have that Saturday eve winning feeling.  :)

Donnybax

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on February 11, 2023, 06:04:23 pm by Donnybax »
It was definitely worth changing manager. We’re loads better under DS. We fluked most of those wins with Mcsheffrey

Cramby10

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on February 11, 2023, 06:17:21 pm by Cramby10 »
not really. Its winning that’s brought sharply into focus just where I am with the club. It’s easy to whine, moan and fall out with the club when we lose but when the joy has evaporated on me when we win and all I can do is pick fault then it’s time to step away for a while. It’s not good for myself nor those around me.
Sure I’ll keep an eye on what’s going on on here but you guys don’t need my negativity. I’ve said my piece on what I think and quite frankly it’s draining, for me and I assume for those reading. So I’ll leave you all to enjoy. Hope I’ll be back watching next season but I doubt it.

KingKendrick

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on February 11, 2023, 06:20:18 pm by KingKendrick »
Not even a debate imo. We look like we are trying to play a certain style rather than just chucking them out and expecting something to happen. With time and a window or 2 under DS I believe we will fly. Even with the additions of lakin and Nelson they are players who fit what we are trying to do rather than just signing anyone who is available

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on February 11, 2023, 07:33:45 pm by idler »
not really. Its winning that’s brought sharply into focus just where I am with the club. It’s easy to whine, moan and fall out with the club when we lose but when the joy has evaporated on me when we win and all I can do is pick fault then it’s time to step away for a while. It’s not good for myself nor those around me.
Sure I’ll keep an eye on what’s going on on here but you guys don’t need my negativity. I’ve said my piece on what I think and quite frankly it’s draining, for me and I assume for those reading. So I’ll leave you all to enjoy. Hope I’ll be back watching next season but I doubt it.
Cramby10. I’ve felt like this once or twice since I attended my first league game in 1958. If I had given in in the dark times I would have missed so many highs ( and probably more lows) over the years. The league Cup run, Cardiff, Wembley plus beating the bigger Championship teams. I just wish that I was still younger and able to attend more games home and away. Don’t give up, the club and other fans need you. I used to bring three or four others to every game. Sadly after losing my son and a brother it’s usually just me and a mate when I can come but  I still feel like I belong and have renewed my season ticket for the coming season.

Cramby10

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on February 11, 2023, 07:46:19 pm by Cramby10 »
Cramby10. I’ve felt like this once or twice since I attended my first league game in 1958. If I had given in in the dark times I would have missed so many highs ( and probably more lows) over the years. The league Cup run, Cardiff, Wembley plus beating the bigger Championship teams. I just wish that I was still younger and able to attend more games home and away. Don’t give up, the club and other fans need you. I used to bring three or four others to every game. Sadly after losing my son and a brother it’s usually just me and a mate when I can come but  I still feel like I belong and have renewed my season ticket for the coming season.
no I’m done. For now. Need a break from it. Been going only out of duty for some time. Pointless if I’m not enjoying it regardless of result. Anyhow, leave it now. Rovers won. Enjoy it.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on February 11, 2023, 07:50:34 pm by Campsall rover »
You will be back Cramby. If it’s in the blood then Rovers are part of your DNA
The good times will return again.

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on February 11, 2023, 08:00:55 pm by EasyforDennis »
I know one swallow doesn't make a summer but I thought today we played well and the score flattered Swindon.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on February 11, 2023, 08:53:14 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
Schofield started off having a go at teams, then he looked at weaknesses and got a bit more cautious, that led to McSheffrey type performances. I think in the last two games he’s thought, let’s have a bit of a go, nothing to lose. Plus a few new players have bedded in a bit.
A long way to go, I still don’t see us getting in the playoffs overall, but a lot more encouraging the last two games.

The thing is we have young players if they show full potential then we might sneak in there but I think unless we our defence keeping clean sheets regularly, like we have lately, then that will cost us. It’s important we get George scoring goals again. Though he is still contributing to the side.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012