Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 07:27:36 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Ange Postecoglou  (Read 2148 times)

Canadian Rover

• Forum Member
Ange Postecoglou
« on June 03, 2023, 09:41:18 pm by Canadian Rover »
I really think Postecoglou is a special manager. Listening to his interview with Martin O'Neill and the BBC I really think he could help turn Spurs around. The whole culture of that club would change with him as manager I think. Which could really shake up the top 4 in the Premier League. Anyone else followed his career? (And let's not make this an anti Scottish League thing)

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

5minstogo

• Forum Member
Re: Ange Postecoglou
« Reply #1 on June 03, 2023, 09:43:00 pm by 5minstogo »
Agreed. Celtic was only ever a stepping stone to the Premier League. Spurs is a big job for him though.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on June 03, 2023, 09:55:23 pm by roversdude »
The problem with Spurs is Levy

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on June 03, 2023, 09:55:53 pm by tyke1962 »
Spurs have had a good number of high quality managers with track records second to none and it always seems to end up the same way .

I'm always intrigued by this Spurs are one of the elite clubs , they haven't won the league for over 60 years .

West Ham attract just as many fans and they aren't seen as a big deal .

Am I missing something ?

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on June 04, 2023, 03:35:49 am by Chris Black come back »
The problem with Spurs is Levy

This is correct in that you can take a view about whether Levy is a good or bad thing, but he has in place a definite and totally fixed structure around how the club is run and that isn’t ever going to change while he is there. No manager even Jose could ever change that. Maybe Ange could make better use of the cash restrictions than other managers, but the Premier League is in no way the Australian, Japanese or Scottish top flight.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on June 04, 2023, 07:48:24 am by sedwardsdrfc »
Always sceptical that SPL can translate into success in the prem. Certainly good managers there but if you’ve been at Celtic or Rangers how do you allow for the difference in finance.

Imo if your over achieving in the championship where all clubs are so closely matched you’ve probably got a good handle on management and more should take the step up. Nathan Jones didn’t do that theory any favours.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on June 04, 2023, 08:28:32 am by GazLaz »
He’s different class. Could manage any club in the world and be successful. I know him from when I used to bet on the A-League pretty seriously. He’s proper.

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on June 04, 2023, 08:42:52 am by ncRover »
Only the likes of Paul Merson can give us insight as to what Ange knows about the premier league.

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on June 04, 2023, 09:59:43 am by EasyforDennis »
I seem to remember a bloke who was the manager at Aberdeen then moved down to England to manage one of the big clubs. He didn't do too bad did he?

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on June 04, 2023, 10:09:29 am by Chris Black come back »
True but not only was he a very rare talent but also the gap between the Scottish and English leagues was much less then, and indeed looking at European trophy performance in the period, much less between Scottish sides and the European elite.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2023, 12:22:11 pm by Chris Black come back »

Dn11

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on June 04, 2023, 11:18:53 am by Dn11 »
I really dislike Celtic but can’t help but like ange, hope he gets the spurs job and does well

Jimmydee

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on June 04, 2023, 11:46:05 am by Jimmydee »
Ange changed the players attitude and the fitness regime at Celtic, can he do that with 25 divas in north London?
Bringing in more Asian players with Son would create more revenue like it has done with Celtic.

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on June 04, 2023, 05:44:07 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
I seem to remember a bloke who was the manager at Aberdeen then moved down to England to manage one of the big clubs. He didn't do too bad did he?

I seem to remember his "trophy nest" was empty and the tree that supported his nest was about to be chopped down ...

until a young RED Robin came along and layed him a golden egg ....

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on June 05, 2023, 12:07:45 am by Colin C No.3 »
I think Jock Stein was leading Leeds (sp*t) in the ‘right direction’ until his sad demise.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on June 05, 2023, 06:51:05 am by Donnywolf »

I seem to remember his "trophy nest" was empty and the tree that supported his nest was about to be chopped down ...

Correct CLH ... One bloody kick from oblivion !

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on June 05, 2023, 06:57:54 am by roversdude »

Correct CLH ... One bloody kick from oblivion !

I’m impressed you speak CLHish

DRFC_AjA

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on June 05, 2023, 09:34:34 am by DRFC_AjA »
Even with Ange, is it surely time for Kane to go? I believe he genuinely is one of the greatest finishers and passers in the world, my goodness his assists to Sonny, but he won't get mentioned in that legends category by many outside the UK. Even Ibrahimovic is held in higher regard and he's so hyped. He's got to escape Spurs definitely and possibly even go to Madrid to fulfill what he should be fulfilling

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on June 05, 2023, 09:56:23 am by Monkcaster_Rover »
Looking forward to seeing Big Ange in action. If rumours are to be believed Madrid have made contact with Spurs over Kane. I hope he doesn't go there. Horrible fans.

Reg of the Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on June 05, 2023, 10:24:31 am by Reg of the Rovers »
Mark McGee?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012