Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 12:23:48 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Keane  (Read 14371 times)

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
Re: Keane
« Reply #30 on June 23, 2019, 10:32:25 pm by MachoMadness »
What about a Keane/O'Driscoll tandem? Irish and Forest connection.

I'm adding 2 and 2 together and getting 758 I know, but the thought just popped into my head. Would be an interesting one.
Would make for an amazing sitcom if nothing else!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Spilsby Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on June 23, 2019, 10:33:20 pm by Spilsby Red »
That is bizarre as 758 was my last three when I served in the RAF.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on June 24, 2019, 09:29:33 am by selby »
  I will support whoever the selection committee appoint, they after all will know what criteria, personality,and football knowledge they will want the new manager to portray.
   But for a club that are in our situation, being slightly left in the doo doo by a manager who was well thought of and supported, and then left us at an important time in the build up to next season, the more I think of this guy, the more I think he could be a fit.
   Whoever comes in is going to have to be a strong character,be able to solidify, mould a bunch of young  strangers to each other, most coming in cold at the start of the season, some the choice of the previous manager, a situation he is familiar with having dealt with it at international level. And has the playing reputation and success for young players to respect. he demands total dedication and effort from his players, something we the supporters want and expect.
   As I have said, whoever we appoint is others choice, and I will back that choice whoever it may be. Apart from an assistant of their choice we are well served by our present back room staff who I hope we keep and they let carry on the excellent job they are doing in my opinion, I want as little disruption to the staff as possible just because two people have left, it would not help at all.
  I have every confidence in whoever gets the job will be up to the job football wise, but like others would like an early as possible decision as time is of the essence.
  One good thing that could come out of the situation, it gives the club the opportunity to project the club and the new manager locally to the supporters at meetings etc. and drum up interest.

Move DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on June 24, 2019, 09:33:49 am by Move DRFC »
Keane is destructive, falls out with players, doesn't come across as a nice guy and doesn't have any success as a manager or coach on CV.

Evans would also be a shambles but i'd rather him than Keane, not sure what the appeal is, other than media coverage.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on June 24, 2019, 09:42:31 am by wing commander »
    In truth I have taken the attitude on what will be will be,wether it be Evans,Keane or any of the mostly uninspiring names on the betting lists.If you were to ask me who I would like who is a realistic candidate I would struggle to come up with much of a list if I'm honest..

So I'm keeping a open mind on this and taking the attitude that the board will appoint the guy who gives the best pitch,shows the best knowledge and meets the criteria they set regardless of what I think of them..I'm also taking the opinion that this season now has little or no expectations..Weve lost our manager,our assistant and quite a few of the team who did so well last season and even in the eyes of our most downbeat supporters a fitness coach who left years ago....

So this season is all about stability for me,getting in a manager who builds a team for the future from a light base,keep us in this league and hopefully then start seeing the fruits of his Labour a little bit down the line...

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on June 24, 2019, 10:24:52 am by RobTheRover »
That is bizarre as 758 was my last three when I served in the RAF.

Its a sign!!!!!

Welcome Roy!

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on June 24, 2019, 10:30:45 am by RoversAlias »
Keane is destructive, falls out with players, doesn't come across as a nice guy and doesn't have any success as a manager or coach on CV.

Evans would also be a shambles but i'd rather him than Keane, not sure what the appeal is, other than media coverage.

Keane won the Championship with Sunderland, and kept them up the following year. Granted, this was over ten years ago in his first years as a manager, but it is success nonetheless.

I can see him being in the running at the very least, whether or not it's a good move fo DRFC or not.

Move DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on June 24, 2019, 10:47:19 am by Move DRFC »

Keane won the Championship with Sunderland, and kept them up the following year. Granted, this was over ten years ago in his first years as a manager, but it is success nonetheless.

I can see him being in the running at the very least, whether or not it's a good move fo DRFC or not.

Fair play. To be honest I had no idea he promoted Sunderland.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on June 24, 2019, 11:17:21 am by RobTheRover »
With over 100 points too, IIRC

Wiltshire Exile

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on June 24, 2019, 11:24:44 am by Wiltshire Exile »
Roy Keane.........the thinking man’s Steve Evans!
  :)

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on June 24, 2019, 11:28:56 am by RobTheRover »
With over 100 points too, IIRC

88 points, ignore me.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on June 24, 2019, 11:32:24 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
I just can't see him being a good fit even if he did fancy the job. Can't help thinking it would be more about him rather than DRFC.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on June 24, 2019, 11:39:15 am by drfchound »
When Ferguson was appointed I thought he was probably the best pick of an average list of applicants.
That didn’t turn out too well on the first team front but he did sign some good players.
A couple of years on and we had another list of candidates and this time I totally sat on the fence when it was asked who did i think would do the best job for us.
McCann did a great job and really united the fans and the players and there seemed to be a great connection between us all.
I am not happy about the circumstances in which he has moved on given all his words about........well we all know what about......but he has gone and we move on.
I have read through a number of lists telling me who our new manager might be and in all honesty there are some names there that I don’t believe we have a chance of getting and from the remainder, no one excites me.
However, McCanns appointment didn’t this time last year so I am very open minded about who we get and I will support the new bloke.

Bezza

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on June 24, 2019, 03:33:42 pm by Bezza »
Roy Keane eh ! Maybe worth a gamble, would certainly get  interest, and the Fleetwood game would be good.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on June 24, 2019, 03:52:04 pm by MachoMadness »
Roy Keane eh ! Maybe worth a gamble, would certainly get  interest, and the Fleetwood game would be good.
I get the impression owd Joey would phone in sick if that were to happen!

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on June 24, 2019, 04:16:31 pm by Campsall rover »
Positives : Well it would put the club on the map having such a high profile name. He won’t stand any nonsense and he will demand 100% from everyone at the club at all times.

Negatives : His man management skills are in question.
Can he get the best out of players who don’t have anywhere near the ability he had?
His track record as a no 1 is not great. Decent at Sunderland, poor at Ipswich where (reading between the lines) was not popular or even respected by the players.

Is he a good fit for Rovers? Absolutely no idea at all.
But I would be surprised if he was interested in the first place and would be also surprised if he was considered by the board as a candidate.
Too much risk factor in him i would imagine.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on June 24, 2019, 04:20:09 pm by drfchound »
He lives in Woodbridge in Suffolk so it would be a long commute for him.

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on June 24, 2019, 04:24:42 pm by Dare to dream! »
His odds are coming down, could be something init

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on June 24, 2019, 04:29:28 pm by MachoMadness »
He's done alright for himself, I'm sure he can afford an end terrace in Stainy or summat.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on June 24, 2019, 04:35:13 pm by drfchound »
He's done alright for himself, I'm sure he can afford an end terrace in Stainy or summat.

I am sure you are right but he would be away from his young family five or six days a week.
I don’t think he would risk moving them in with him.

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on June 24, 2019, 04:52:56 pm by Dare to dream! »

Now the new favourite

Prez

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on June 24, 2019, 04:55:21 pm by Prez »
Could you imagine Roy Keane at meet the owners?

Hands up all those who would ask him a question.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on June 24, 2019, 04:58:22 pm by drfchound »

Not according to another thread, Flitcroft to start work on 1st July.......apparently !

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on June 24, 2019, 05:04:19 pm by Campsall rover »
Could you imagine Roy Keane at meet the owners?

Hands up all those who would ask him a question.
Can you imagine his reaction when he gets asked one of those really stupid questions that come up at every meeting. I can just see his face now.
In fact I think he would leap over the table and lamp him one. :thumbsup:

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #54 on June 24, 2019, 05:21:38 pm by Filo »

😂😂😂😂😂

Not many terraced houses round these parts, most are semi’s or detached 😝

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on June 24, 2019, 05:51:47 pm by drfchound »

😂😂😂😂😂

Come on Filo.
There are plenty of terraced houses in Stainforth.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #56 on June 24, 2019, 05:57:38 pm by Filo »

😂😂😂😂😂

Come on Filo.

Not where I live

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on June 24, 2019, 06:04:34 pm by Campsall rover »
There must be another Stainforth. 

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on June 24, 2019, 06:16:01 pm by drfchound »
There must be another Stainforth.

There is.........it is near Settle.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on June 24, 2019, 06:18:50 pm by drfchound »

😂😂😂😂😂

Come on Filo.

Not where I live

Loads on Kirton Lane, Thorne Road, Field Road, and opposite the school and Police station(don’t know what that road is called).

TinyPortal © 2005-2012