Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 08:18:40 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Doncaster Rovers Nil  (Read 2564 times)

Filo

• VSC Member
Doncaster Rovers Nil
« on September 07, 2021, 09:02:26 pm by Filo »
Is our new name

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
Re: Doncaster Rovers Nil
« Reply #1 on September 07, 2021, 09:14:31 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
That was my password for my first work computer account in the early 90s.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on September 07, 2021, 09:22:51 pm by scawsby steve »
0 goals in 7. Is this a club record?

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on September 07, 2021, 09:54:25 pm by Lesonthewest »
Unreal, there is only so long you can live on the 'we haven't got a striker' argument, couple that with our defense is dogs--t & we need to stop leaking goals, there goes a recipe for failure. Please don't give me the injury argument, good managers work around that.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on September 07, 2021, 09:58:35 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
Unreal, there is only so long you can live on the 'we haven't got a striker' argument, couple that with our defense is dogs--t & we need to stop leaking goals, there goes a recipe for failure. Please don't give me the injury argument, good managers work around that.

Tempted to agree on the manager. At some point it’s about grinding out a result focus on set plays to get a 1-0 or at least keep ourselves in a game.

Sometimes you can say it’s players not doing as their instructed but if that happens every week the manager has to look at what he’s doing

jamesrover17

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on September 07, 2021, 09:59:22 pm by jamesrover17 »
I think too much emphasis was spent on the front 3, detracted from what is on the whole, a very poor defence… Knoyle hasn’t done anything to show he is more than a league 2 fullback, Williams is terrifying, Anderson isn’t the same player he was 18 months ago and Rowe isn’t a left back

Wiltshire Exile

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on September 07, 2021, 10:00:24 pm by Wiltshire Exile »

Tempted to agree on the manager. At some point it’s about grinding out a result focus on set plays to get a 1-0 or at least keep ourselves in a game.

Sometimes you can say it’s players not doing as their instructed but if that happens every week the manager has to look at what he’s doing

…or not doing!

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on September 07, 2021, 10:02:25 pm by Lesonthewest »
I think too much emphasis was spent on the front 3, detracted from what is on the whole, a very poor defence… Knoyle hasn’t done anything to show he is more than a league 2 fullback, Williams is terrifying, Anderson isn’t the same player he was 18 months ago and Rowe isn’t a left back

Agreed, & that's why he should have played his strongest keeper, big mistake.

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on September 07, 2021, 10:02:39 pm by sha66y »

I don’t think anyone will argue with that!
Many will support what you are saying, it’s just the “ being able to do something” about it “ that we may be struggling with!

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on September 07, 2021, 10:05:06 pm by DonnyOsmond »

Agreed, & that's why he should have played his strongest keeper, big mistake.

What? You know Dahlbergs on international duty?

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on September 07, 2021, 10:19:04 pm by since-1969 »
When Wellens took the job we’d lost 3 of the back four and we haven’t brought in the same quality or even the numbers , with the lack of goals Wellens has looked to cure this first instead of seeing that to win games , your first job is not  to loose and that means building your defence  . As tonight shows we are haven’t any strength in depth and we’d need to score 6 or 7 . Back to the drawing board me thinks !!

Surrey Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on September 07, 2021, 10:34:49 pm by Surrey Rover »
Several comments regarding the back four and front three but for me the midfield was non existent tonight, completely bullied out of the contest in that area of the pitch.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on September 07, 2021, 10:39:20 pm by since-1969 »
Several comments regarding the back four and front three but for me the midfield was non existent tonight, completely bullied out of the contest in that area of the pitch.
F*** it , it was the whole team that about covers it .

StocksArmy

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on September 07, 2021, 11:09:11 pm by StocksArmy »
Anderson hasnt been great since the collision at Fleetwood however, losing Whiteman and replacing him with Bostock who doesnt give that protection i believe is the key to that. The cash remaining for another free agent now needs to be looked at that defensive midfield role imo.

David Pearson

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on September 07, 2021, 11:12:57 pm by David Pearson »
We aren't going to achieve anything without investment....the rovers are going backwards..

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on September 08, 2021, 01:16:13 pm by sha66y »
When Wellens took the job we’d lost 3 of the back four and we haven’t brought in the same quality or even the numbers , with the lack of goals Wellens has looked to cure this first instead of seeing that to win games , your first job is not  to loose and that means building your defence  . As tonight shows we are haven’t any strength in depth and we’d need to score 6 or 7 . Back to the drawing board me thinks !!

“ back to the drawing board”
Doesn’t even include a solution....just another obvious observation , im not having a go because you haven’t actually said anything untrue!

But you have said that exact same thing for a good few years now, and perhaps you will keep on saying it for a few more years to come?

Apart from this continuous tirade against the club, do you have anything else to add that the debaters can get their teeth into....

Like I said, everything you say is right!.....but you never offer up a solution, even if it’s a far right or inconceivable solution .....next time you write exactly the same thing worded slightly differently, try and add a twist to make it more than just a moan!

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on September 08, 2021, 01:19:15 pm by sha66y »
We aren't going to achieve anything without investment....the rovers are going backwards..

Now this is more like it.....a real statement type opinion that though in essence mere rhetoric, can actually be debated!

What is the ultimate achievement in your opinion?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012