Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 06:16:44 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: The Board  (Read 1470 times)

sha66y

• Forum Member
The Board
« on October 31, 2021, 02:39:35 pm by sha66y »
Should at the very least let it be known through whatever source that they are backing their new manager through this most difficult of transitions….

Otherwise it feels like Richie is treading water in his own sweat.!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
Re: The Board
« Reply #1 on October 31, 2021, 02:53:58 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
What would be the point if they potentially have to sack him a few defeats later?

I take the silence to mean that the board support Wellens. Until the point comes where they don't anymore and they sack him, or Wellens resigns.

Not sure what such a statement would achieve tbh.

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on October 31, 2021, 03:18:15 pm by sha66y »
What would be the point if they potentially have to sack him a few defeats later?

I take the silence to mean that the board support Wellens. Until the point comes where they don't anymore and they sack him, or Wellens resigns.

Not sure what such a statement would achieve tbh.

It would let the majority of fans on this forum know were they stand
 and nullify all the “we need a new manager” threads,

which would give us the fans a clearer indication of what the boards expectations are?

Yet you mention sack and resignation in one sentence…….my point entirely!

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on October 31, 2021, 03:21:14 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
The 'we need a new manager' threads would still continue even if the board came out today and backed Wellens.

Even if the board came out and said they were backing Wellens, I still wouldn't believe them.

DRNaith

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on October 31, 2021, 03:24:40 pm by DRNaith »
It would never nullify the we need a new manager threads.

I'd love to know the vsc forum traffic and posting stats, for after a win and after a loss.

It is the nature of many people, to enjoy the club being in some kind of turmoil and they will keep pushing their theories, no matter how many times they're proven wrong, until they're right, mainly through the law of averages.

If the board made any communication there would plenty people looking for some reason to criticise it.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on October 31, 2021, 03:25:31 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
I think in football every time a board has issued a "vote of confidence" like that a manager is sacked shortly after. Really wouldn't stop the threads you mention. Sure fire way to do that is to get some points and not be completely inept.

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on October 31, 2021, 03:55:01 pm by sha66y »
It would probably let the angry fan base know that their persistent gnashing of teeth was pointless regarding the changing of managers……
I don’t see Richie being sacked whilst he’s part of a plan, and my opinion only is that this current eventuality was probably discussed at the beginning of his stewardship starting….

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on October 31, 2021, 03:58:17 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
Any fan not happy with Wellens can stay away and the club lose money. Then the board will have to act and sack a failing manager.

Personally i will attend regardless but gates will dwindle if we continue to be shit and also if we get relegated. Wellens will still get paid though.

Hit the board in the pocket for supporting a failing manager, then they might act.

Don't forget. Wellens gets paid if he watches his side lose. Fans have to pay to watch their side lose. Something has to give at some point.

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on October 31, 2021, 04:07:33 pm by sha66y »
Any fan not happy with Wellens can stay away and the club lose money. Then the board will have to act and sack a failing manager.

Personally i will attend regardless but gates will dwindle if we continue to be shit and also if we get relegated. Wellens will still get paid though.

Hit the board in the pocket for supporting a failing manager, then they might act.

Don't forget. Wellens gets paid if he watches his side lose. Fans have to pay to watch their side lose. Something has to give at some point.

I slightly disagree with the idea that gates would dwindle should we get relegated…
Once the disapointment and dust has settled,  I would imagine the very idea of a new challenge would ignite the fire in the belly of our current crop of season ticket holders…and with money available to purchase a good solid pair of holding midfielders plus 2 of the tallest central defenders available…….we would be quite a strong unit for the division below…..

I’m sure you and all the other “ Wellens out” group will be queuing up for next years seasons ticket……ive only read that one person wouldn’t be buying a season ticket for league2….but I reckon once this shit show is out of the system and we are left with supporting our team …..he will get one…..it’s in our DNA afterall….

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on October 31, 2021, 04:10:09 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
The arrogance of presuming that we will easily get out of league 2 is breathtaking.

The trick is to not end up there in the first place. By sacking Wellens if we don't beat Crewe and giving ourselves a different outlook going forward.

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on October 31, 2021, 04:18:37 pm by sha66y »
The arrogance of presuming that we will easily get out of league 2 is breathtaking.

The trick is to not end up there in the first place. By sacking Wellens if we don't beat Crewe and giving ourselves a different outlook going forward.

Never mentioned promotion…just said we would have a strong team !

I think you are in denial regarding our current situation as are many, and the new manager idea is just a comfort blanket…….

There are absolutely no guarantees that a new manager could turn these players into winners, no guarantees whatsoever!

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on October 31, 2021, 04:20:55 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
Fully aware that a new manager could make things worse, if that were possible.

However, unless it is tried. We won't know and i would rather take the chance rather than continue to pay someone to be incompetent.

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on October 31, 2021, 04:31:25 pm by sha66y »
Fully aware that a new manager could make things worse, if that were possible.

However, unless it is tried. We won't know and i would rather take the chance rather than continue to pay someone to be incompetent.

You just don’t like Wellens ….that is very obvious,
Have you considered that a new manager might not like any of the players we have? ,

Do you seriously believe that our board who interviewed Richie are going to say they got it wrong ………again?
Surely that would add more shit to the fan and call into serious question not only their judgment but their recruitment policy!

Why would our board admit to failure coming off the back of McCann and Moore’s unscheduled departures……they would have zero credibility !

Much better to stick than twist and face it up 

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on October 31, 2021, 05:06:56 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
What b*llocks you come out with. I've got nothing against Wellens. If Jurgen Klopp took over and we had the same record then Klopp can piss off too. It is not the manager i don't like, it is someone being paid to not do their job properly that i don't like. Doesn't matter who that person is.

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on October 31, 2021, 09:46:20 pm by sha66y »
What b*llocks you come out with. I've got nothing against Wellens. If Jurgen Klopp took over and we had the same record then Klopp can piss off too. It is not the manager i don't like, it is someone being paid to not do their job properly that i don't like. Doesn't matter who that person is.

Once again you choose one line and comment on it!

I mentioned the board not wanting to be seen to have a dubious recruitment policy, that’s why they will probably back Wellens……..yet you don’t comment on this? Strange one you are!
It’s as if logic doesn’t quite sit in your narrative unless it’s change the manager, of which I gave a valid reason why the hoard should think differently…..

Enjoy ya day!

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on October 31, 2021, 09:55:51 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
Shaggy the board have very good credentials on hiring recently. McCann and Moore were poached for going a good job (not a fan of Moore in the end but that’s what happened) and Fergie is proven at this level even if he isn’t everyone’s cup tea. So they don’t need to protect themselves from criticism on that front.

Does sitting bottom of the league and certainties for relegation mean they got it right? The decision isn’t right just because you don’t sack the manager. Results determine that.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on October 31, 2021, 10:26:37 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »

Once again you choose one line and comment on it!

I mentioned the board not wanting to be seen to have a dubious recruitment policy, that’s why they will probably back Wellens……..yet you don’t comment on this? Strange one you are!
It’s as if logic doesn’t quite sit in your narrative unless it’s change the manager, of which I gave a valid reason why the hoard should think differently…..

Enjoy ya day!

Yes. Because that one line was incorrect. You accused me of not liking Wellens, which is not accurate and thus i highlighted it to put my point across.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012