Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 01:12:13 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Carlisle United  (Read 2484 times)

Bailey Vickerage

• Forum Member
Carlisle United
« on December 15, 2021, 12:27:55 am by Bailey Vickerage »
Just changed the capacity of their stadium to 9,999 so fans won’t have to show their vaccination passports to be allowed entry.

https://www.carlisleunited.co.uk/news/2021/december/club-what-plan-b-means-for-carlisle-united/

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

normal rules

• Forum Member
Re: Carlisle United
« Reply #1 on December 15, 2021, 07:53:47 am by normal rules »
Lincoln have done same .

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on December 15, 2021, 08:08:39 am by since-1969 »
Lincoln have done same .
No worries at the Eco then we never fill it !

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on December 15, 2021, 08:25:53 am by normal rules »
As I have mentioned before, the club need to sort something before the Sunderland game.
Some saying it won’t attract many as its on tv. But there is a chance it could.
They are very well supported.
Plus if rovers dump Lincoln this weekend , I’m guessing a few more could be tempted.
It’s quite easy. Limit capacity to 9999. Ticket only. Job done.

NigelJ

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on December 15, 2021, 09:50:54 am by NigelJ »
As I have mentioned before, the club need to sort something before the Sunderland game.
Plus if rovers dump Lincoln this weekend , I’m guessing a few more could be tempted.

And forego a lot of extra revenue? OK, so there will be additional costs for extra stewards etc to check the vaccinations status/test results, but at what point would the additional revenue outstrip the additional costs? 10,500? 11,000?

Not so easy....

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on December 15, 2021, 10:41:37 am by normal rules »

And forego a lot of extra revenue? OK, so there will be additional costs for extra stewards etc to check the vaccinations status/test results, but at what point would the additional revenue outstrip the additional costs? 10,500? 11,000?

Not so easy....

If only it were that simple.
There will be Sunderland fans who have bought tickets for this and rovers fans who have too plus those yet to buy tickets. Some of these will not be covid pass compliant, so will not be able to attend .
The club are leaving themselves wide open to criticism.
There is already talk on a Sunderland forum of them creating accounts to buy tickets in the home end also.

BVB

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on December 15, 2021, 02:36:30 pm by BVB »
Only those with a previous history of buying Rovers tickets will be allowed to buy online.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on December 15, 2021, 02:47:54 pm by normal rules »
Only those with a previous history of buying Rovers tickets will be allowed to buy online.

Doesn’t that, in itself, prevent new rovers customers from signing up?

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on December 15, 2021, 02:50:08 pm by donnievic »

Not so easy....

There will be Sunderland fans who have bought tickets for this and rovers fans who have too plus those yet to buy tickets. Some of these will not be covid pass compliant, so will not be able to attend .
There is already talk on a Sunderland forum of them creating accounts to buy tickets in the home end also.
well that won’t work as was announced yesterday you had to have previous purchase history

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on December 15, 2021, 02:51:38 pm by donnievic »

Doesn’t that, in itself, prevent new rovers customers from signing up?
doubt we will get any new customers way we been playing

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on December 15, 2021, 02:55:23 pm by EasyforDennis »
They can't scan your ticket a lot of the time and just let you in so if they are true to form I wouldn't worry   :chair:

DRCraig

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on December 15, 2021, 02:55:30 pm by DRCraig »
Hope none of our fans help out theirs for a small payment !

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on December 15, 2021, 03:19:51 pm by Metalmicky »
Hope none of our fans help out theirs for a small payment !

How small.......?  :whistle:

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on December 15, 2021, 04:59:20 pm by glosterred »
Why would they think they need to limit the crowd to 9,999 when they are averaging about 5000 per home game and that is on a downwards trend, and will go down further if they don’t start turning the form around.

COYR

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on December 15, 2021, 06:25:58 pm by Draytonian III »
I know it’s a Xmas time fixture, but it’s now a 12.30 Sky match and that will deter a quite a few, never mind the current form we are in

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on December 15, 2021, 09:10:39 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »

Not so easy....

Piece of cake. Anyone who purchases above 10000, have to show passport or negative test. Be reet!

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on December 16, 2021, 01:15:26 am by Janso »

Not so easy....

Piece of cake. Anyone who purchases above 10000, have to show passport or negative test. Be reet!

No one is going to buy over 10000 tickets.  :coat:

TinyPortal © 2005-2012