Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 05:28:30 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: away support!!!  (Read 2827 times)

adamtherover

• Forum Member
away support!!!
« on February 27, 2022, 10:38:58 am by adamtherover »
it was my first away day of the season, and i have to say it was supurb, practically non stop singing!!!!,  if only we could replicate that at home.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Bailey Vickerage

• Forum Member
Re: away support!!!
« Reply #1 on February 27, 2022, 01:02:06 pm by Bailey Vickerage »
it was my first away day of the season, and i have to say it was supurb, practically non stop singing!!!!,  if only we could replicate that at home.
hard to do at home because the majority of ppl in the black bank are kids who don’t watch the game or join in with the atmosphere and get behind the team.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on February 27, 2022, 03:57:58 pm by Padge_DRFC »
hard to do at home because the majority of ppl in the black bank are kids who don’t watch the game or join in with the atmosphere and get behind the team.

I'd argue it's only kids that make any effort in the black bank, but half the stuff they come out with at times is cringey.
Started singing your support is ficking shit at Wednesday fans 4000 travelling fans was a recent amusement and Wednesday get battered everywhere they go. Whilst they're in the play offs and we're in the verge of relegation.

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on February 27, 2022, 04:35:41 pm by Janso »

I'd argue it's only kids that make any effort in the black bank, but half the stuff they come out with at times is cringey.
Started singing your support is ficking shit at Wednesday fans 4000 travelling fans was a recent amusement and Wednesday get battered everywhere they go. Whilst they're in the play offs and we're in the verge of relegation.

This is the big problem in our fanbase. Too many people have a pop at others for not making an atmosphere - or one that's not cringey - but won't do anything about it themselves.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on February 27, 2022, 04:48:18 pm by roversdude »
I’ve noticed the netto chants have disappeared, despite the fact that there were about half a dozen Harry Potter fans yesterday

Super Colin Cramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on February 27, 2022, 04:58:31 pm by Super Colin Cramb »
I think the Black Bank being so far from the away fans doesn’t help. Hard to get any banter etc at opposite ends of the ground. I know this won’t change as the club don’t home and away fans being so close for safety reasons I imagine.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on February 27, 2022, 05:07:33 pm by Chris Black come back »
I’ve noticed the netto chants have disappeared, despite the fact that there were about half a dozen Harry Potter fans yesterday

At least some of them looked adults as well. Mystifying you would travel length of country to a crucial game and do this. Are these people ok?

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on February 27, 2022, 05:37:58 pm by Padge_DRFC »
I think the Black Bank being so far from the away fans doesn’t help. Hard to get any banter etc at opposite ends of the ground. I know this won’t change as the club don’t home and away fans being so close for safety reasons I imagine.

Nor barely hear what the other end is saying/chanting. Stand on the lakeside it's clear as day though. Poorly built ground in that respect.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on February 27, 2022, 06:05:35 pm by wilts rover »

At least some of them looked adults as well. Mystifying you would travel length of country to a crucial game and do this. Are these people ok?

Amd then be stood at the bar drinking for much of the game.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on February 27, 2022, 07:17:48 pm by drfchound »

Nor barely hear what the other end is saying/chanting. Stand on the lakeside it's clear as day though. Poorly built ground in that respect.

Interesting that.  During our game against the piggies I could hardly hear their fans but as I left the ground at the end and began to walk round the lake to my car I could hear their songs very clearly.

Bailey Vickerage

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on February 28, 2022, 05:52:37 am by Bailey Vickerage »

This is the big problem in our fanbase. Too many people have a pop at others for not making an atmosphere - or one that's not cringey - but won't do anything about it themselves.
I stand in the black bank and get behind the team all game no matter the score, the problem is the kids who hardly watch the game and don’t really try create an atmosphere makes it hard to do at home games. Away games have always been better IMO for atmosphere and they always will be because every fan that goes away goes because they love the club and they want to be there and get behind the lads.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on February 28, 2022, 09:33:22 am by normal rules »
It’s why I go to away games more than home games.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on February 28, 2022, 11:04:41 am by drfchound »
The best place to be in a football stadium is always the away section.

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on February 28, 2022, 11:29:20 am by Colin C No.3 »
Ever get any problems wearing red & white colours?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on February 28, 2022, 01:59:14 pm by drfchound »
Ever get any problems wearing red & white colours?

I’m not sure why you are asking that.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on February 28, 2022, 02:23:41 pm by ravenrover »
Whooooish, oh dearhound read you post again, it infers even at home games or anywhere else for that matter

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on February 28, 2022, 02:33:05 pm by drfchound »
Whooooish, oh dearhound read you post again, it infers even at home games or anywhere else for that matter

Ah yes, of course I was talking about being a fan of the away team and being in the away end.
I perhaps should have humoured CC3 and said “not if the away team also wears red and white”.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012