Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 04:05:51 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Well f**k me sideways  (Read 1710 times)

Cramby10

• Forum Member
Well f**k me sideways
« on March 15, 2022, 03:39:42 pm by Cramby10 »
After all the discussion about our deplorable strikers this week, Mipo gets called up for international honours with the Republic of Ireland U 21s. Based on what I have no idea. Maybe we all know f**k all??

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

roversdude

• VSC Member
Re: Well f**k me sideways
« Reply #1 on March 15, 2022, 03:43:52 pm by roversdude »
When is this for ? Don’t think we’ll miss any games as we only have 2 possible international players now (that I can think of)

Branton Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on March 15, 2022, 03:45:20 pm by Branton Rover »
In all fairness he must have something we haven’t seen or he wouldn’t be on West Ham’s books, that said I’ve have Kwarme Thomas back in a heartbeat compared to this lad.

Better a limited footballer giving 100% rather than a talented one putting only half in.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on March 15, 2022, 03:46:31 pm by roversdude »
Even West Ham fans question his attitude

Cramby10

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on March 15, 2022, 03:59:12 pm by Cramby10 »
Even West Ham fans question his attitude
Huddersfield fans did also, after his loan there.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on March 15, 2022, 04:23:45 pm by Filo »
After all the discussion about our deplorable strikers this week, Mipo gets called up for international honours with the Republic of Ireland U 21s. Based on what I have no idea. Maybe we all know f**k all??

Maybe it’s the Gailic football team

jmt23

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on March 15, 2022, 05:56:50 pm by jmt23 »
I think the lad has quality, people get blindness by the results and team performance, and look for someone to blame.
Most were posting about Dodoo not winning a header in the last game, when he won just about every one…

We have to play to his strengths, not lump it up in the air coming down with snow on it. Not a chance he will have played in a team that does that.
 I also saw a willingness to close down and chase, something lost on most. His touches in and around the box playing in teammates were also very good and did lead to the very few chances we had.
He needs a goal, but we do not seem capable to create a chance for him, or others.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on March 15, 2022, 06:01:29 pm by Filo »
Theres a bonus to this, he will be unavailable for the Charlton game, thank you to the irish fa 

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on March 15, 2022, 06:07:01 pm by Campsall rover »
Theres a bonus to this, he will be unavailable for the Charlton game, thank you to the irish fa
Will he play Agard? Is Agard ever going to play again? GM over to you. Answers on a post card.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on March 15, 2022, 06:32:36 pm by roversdude »

I’m guessing Galbraith won’t be available if NI have a game too

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on March 15, 2022, 06:40:24 pm by Draytonian III »
Galbraith has not been selected for the Northern Ireland full squad

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on March 15, 2022, 07:23:15 pm by drfchound »
I disagree with the suggestion that Odebeko has a good first touch.
He rarely bring the ball down safely and to use the old adage, he next touch is invariably a tackle.
I was happy when we signed him as he came with a good reputation and of course a well researched and well put together YouTube video.
For me, he hasn’t lived up to his hype.
He could of course be suffering from a lack of confidence because of the amount of times we are getting battered, which is understandable.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on March 15, 2022, 07:28:25 pm by Campsall rover »
I disagree with the suggestion that Odebeko has a good first touch.
He rarely bring the ball down safely and to use the old adage, he next touch is invariably a tackle.
I was happy when we signed him as he came with a good reputation and of course a well researched and well put together YouTube video.
For me, he hasn’t lived up to his hype.
He could of course be suffering from a lack of confidence because of the amount of times we are getting battered, which is understandable.
The least he could do is work hard. He does not even do that. His attitude is poor from where I am sat.
He isn’t going to break a neck for the cause, that is for sure.
We need 100% from every one in every game for 90+ mins. We are not getting it from him. 
Agree Hound his 1st touch is awful.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on March 15, 2022, 09:27:42 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
For a squad like Ireland’s having a contract at a prem club I’d enough to get selected.

He’s not good but we really don’t play for him either. Clearly he needs the ball threaded through to run onto not balls just pumped forward which is all we muster. That said for a pro player even if it’s not your strength you need to offer something in holding up play and bringing others into the game. He doesn’t do enough.

The Agard thing is getting worse than Bogle for me. While not as public at least Wellens didn’t sign Bogle and had a reason for not using him (to try and sell). Not playing Agard is like buying a car and deciding a day later never to drive again and just use your bike which has a puncture.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2022, 09:54:43 pm by sedwardsdrfc »

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on March 15, 2022, 09:43:52 pm by idler »
Marquis and Billy Sharp would be running about and trying to make something happen, not hiding.
Tommy Rowe had more idea than the rest of the forward line put together on Saturday. His effort and commitment was there for everybody on and off the pitch to see.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on March 15, 2022, 10:55:43 pm by roversdude »
Galbraith has not been selected for the Northern Ireland full squad

Has the U21 squad been announced?

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on March 16, 2022, 09:36:18 am by ravenrover »
I think the lad has quality, people get blindness by the results and team performance, and look for someone to blame.
Most were posting about Dodoo not winning a header in the last game, when he won just about every one…

We have to play to his strengths, not lump it up in the air coming down with snow on it. Not a chance he will have played in a team that does that.
 I also saw a willingness to close down and chase, something lost on most. His touches in and around the box playing in teammates were also very good and did lead to the very few chances we had.
He needs a goal, but we do not seem capable to create a chance for him, or others.

You are correct Dodoo did win a good number of headers but to what effect? None were directed to another Rovers player, most just went straight up in the air. There is a huge difference in winning a header and winning a meaningful header that is directed to a team mate or creating an opening. It would have been impossible to read the outcome of his heading attempts

TinyPortal © 2005-2012