Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 03:08:10 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Mcsheffrey Salary  (Read 1887 times)

Canadian Rover

• Forum Member
Mcsheffrey Salary
« on March 27, 2022, 11:53:13 am by Canadian Rover »
This one is for SM (and if something he's not comfortable in answering I understand 100%) it has been mentioned the budget/salary for the manager is that indeed and was explained as the not cheap option.

Is Mcsheffrey on an equal salary to that of his predecessors: Wellens/Moore/Mcann and Ferguson?

I've excluded Butler as he was a player also.

Would love to know this.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

anton123

• Forum Member
Re: Mcsheffrey Salary
« Reply #1 on March 27, 2022, 12:30:21 pm by anton123 »
Sorry I know it’s a question for sm but I’d like me two penny’s worth . I don’t think he is on the same as them but I could be wrong .
This cheap option for me has nothing to do with the manager’s salary, for me it appointing someone who won’t push or challenge the board to strive to make the club the best it can be and I believe that’s why the board chose GM as he is a yes man . His comments this weekend summed it up about if we go do ( If we do we do )

Canadian Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on March 27, 2022, 12:32:52 pm by Canadian Rover »
Sorry I know it’s a question for sm but I’d like me two penny’s worth . I don’t think he is on the same as them but I could be wrong .
This cheap option for me has nothing to do with the manager’s salary, for me it appointing someone who won’t push or challenge the board to strive to make the club the best it can be and I believe that’s why the board chose GM as he is a yes man . His comments this weekend summed it up about if we go do ( If we do we do )

Agreed Anton - and it's honestly not meant in the "cheap option dig" it's more of a can we afford to fire another manager?

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on March 27, 2022, 12:36:54 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
I don’t think it’s a cheap option when you let him sign 8 players in Jan!

I’d say easy option. Already at the club knows everyone and means less of a risk on a relatively unknown character/personality.

Daniel_Smith

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on March 27, 2022, 01:21:23 pm by Daniel_Smith »
He is on marginally more than he was as youth coach. This has been confirmed by many who work for the club. Please don't take Baldwin's comments as gospel. No way would they pay a less experienced manager the same as one with loads.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on March 27, 2022, 06:02:01 pm by silent majority »
The answer is yes, he’s on exactly the same contract as RW had.

If you look back to the interview he gave when he was appointed he was asked that very question and he gave that as an answer.

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on March 27, 2022, 06:07:24 pm by Colin C No.3 »
He is on marginally more than he was as youth coach. This has been confirmed by many who work for the club. Please don't take Baldwin's comments as gospel. No way would they pay a less experienced manager the same as one with loads.
Are you his agent?
Name one person at the club who has stated he is on a marginally bigger salary than he was as U18 coach.

Daniel_Smith

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on March 27, 2022, 06:55:15 pm by Daniel_Smith »
Are you his agent?
Name one person at the club who has stated he is on a marginally bigger salary than he was as U18 coach.

I know people at the club. Feel free to believe Baldwin et al. instead. Remember Dickov admitting the board asked him to lie about the true transfer budget he had. This is exactly the same. Smoke and mirrors.

German Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on March 27, 2022, 07:08:15 pm by German Rover »
Are you his agent?

I know people at the club. Feel free to believe Baldwin et al. instead. Remember Dickov admitting the board asked him to lie about the true transfer budget he had. This is exactly the same. Smoke and mirrors.

Admitted or tried to cover his shortcomings. We've only ever heard one side of this story

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on March 27, 2022, 07:35:14 pm by roversdude »
Yep I think I’ll believe Gavin rather than hearsay.

Daniel_Smith

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on March 27, 2022, 07:38:46 pm by Daniel_Smith »

How can you tell when Gavin is lying? His lips move.  ;)

The Beast

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on March 27, 2022, 08:08:10 pm by The Beast »
I’d rather believe Kim Marsh to be honest, I’d hang on her every word!

Lincoln Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on March 27, 2022, 08:36:05 pm by Lincoln Rover »
People ask a question, SM gives a straightforward polite answer & some don’t like it.  He’s on the same wage end of.
I’d guess as the development lead GMc wasn’t on a great salary. Would you risk your job ( which is secure) for a similar paid one where the sack is potentially a game away? Beam me up Scotty.

Canadian Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on March 27, 2022, 08:47:23 pm by Canadian Rover »
The answer is yes, he’s on exactly the same contract as RW had.

If you look back to the interview he gave when he was appointed he was asked that very question and he gave that as an answer.

Thanks.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on March 27, 2022, 09:37:51 pm by NickDRFC »
Doesn’t make sense to me. When Wellens took charge he’d had 3 managerial jobs and about 150 games experience. McSheffrey had had zero managerial experience. To pay him the same as his predecessor is at best shortsighted and at worst incompetent. In any role, the candidate should be paid a wage based on ability and experience. McSheffrey didn’t have any demonstrable value in either.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on March 27, 2022, 10:00:08 pm by selby »
  It made sense to Gary McSheffrey and he was the only one it mattered to, if it upsets anyone else so what, it's nothing to do with them.
  The only ones it has anything at all to do with is the employer, and the employee, and of course the tax man.
  Up to a month ago there was not as much interest in Putin's income.

CoppsChop

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on March 27, 2022, 10:07:27 pm by CoppsChop »
Are you his agent?

How many people at the club would know his salary? Are you mates with Gavin or HR?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012