Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 02:17:31 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Eyre now assistant manager, Sinclair head of youth development  (Read 1938 times)

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

MagicMartinoWoods

• Forum Member
I really can't understand why there hasn't been a push to get more outside eyes/influence into the club by hiring new external staff. Clearly the staff we have at the club haven't been getting things right for some time.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
I really can't understand why there hasn't been a push to get more outside eyes/influence into the club by hiring new external staff. Clearly the staff we have at the club haven't been getting things right for some time.

Tbf Eyre is fairly new to the club, only joined around Feb/March time, if I remember correctly.

keith79

• Forum Member
Re: Eyre now assistant manager, Sinclair head of youth development
« Reply #3 on May 09, 2022, 12:13:13 pm by keith79 »
I like Franks enthusiasm hopefully he will be great in his new role at the club. Good luck fella.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
Good appointment.

Pleased to see Frank Sinclair has gone back to looking after the youth team.
Such an important job and his ability in coaching youngsters and his enthusiasm will be perfect for that role.

Batleyred

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on May 09, 2022, 02:13:30 pm by Batleyred »
Happy with this. There's a good interview on ifollow. Well worth a listen.

roversdude

• VSC Member
Does that mean we are looking for a coach now to replace SE, tbh I’m sure him and GMC can sort that between them.
Good proven coach although I loved Frank’s enthusiasm. As mentioned above pleased he is back overseeing the youth teams

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
It looks to be a good appointment he must have impressed when starting in March. He should help GMC with the training and getting the best out of players. Good back ground with young players and development. I hope this works out. Also with Frank going back to the Youth phases development (13 to 16) as head taking over from Tony Mee that should help them. Hope he doesn’t feel he’s been pushed out. But it’s what’s best for the club.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2022, 02:46:46 pm by steve@dcfd »

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
He is vastly experienced, Eyre. Obviously there to try and make it so McSheffrey succeeds but if he doesn’t he will take the job on at least a caretaker basis.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
Good and thorough interview. Sounds and feels like he's a big part of raising the standards and meaning business.

My observations on matchdays seem to show while Sinclair had bags of enthusiasm,  kicking every ball etc, but at times his messages were going unheard.

Eyre on the other hand, seemed to have more authority when he stepped up occasionally with the players listening and responding.

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on May 09, 2022, 04:11:55 pm by danumdon »
Good to see him being brought in if only for the fact he's a new face that's not been associated with the demise of the last 18months. Hopefully he come across well to the players, he's not someone i know anything about but it sounds like he's been around the block and knows his brief. Good luck to him.

Also noticed on the same page from the OS a piece about Sam Bowring.the head of sports science. I would say that it was noticeable that the squad as a whole started to look fitter and better conditioned towards the end of the season, this tying in with his appointment.

I'm hoping that he can have the same effect but on a grander scale as they come back after their summer break. if anything this side of things had been very neglected and it showed in our performances and fitness levels, it probably also led to some of the none impact injuries that we tended to pick up on a far too regular basis all season.

Hope they all buy into his philosophy, we will need every advantage we can eek out.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
Does not take a genius to deduce that McSheffrey needs some experience next to him, and Sinclair didn’t have that. This isn’t a mentor appointment but is in the same vein.

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on May 09, 2022, 05:56:52 pm by danumdon »
It will be a shame not to see Frank in the dugout, some of his moves were top drawer!

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on May 09, 2022, 06:02:14 pm by vaya »
It will be a shame not to see Frank in the dugout, some of his moves were top drawer!

Many of them involving his bobble, which I for one will miss.

eric the red

• Forum Member
From where i sit, he looked as if he was doing the "Haka".

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
Watching Frank definitely was more entertaining than watching the football on the pitch.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
I just wish the players put as much energy into the game as Sinclair did.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012