Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 10:46:27 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: U18 v Thorne Colliery  (Read 1785 times)

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
U18 v Thorne Colliery
« on July 26, 2022, 01:38:45 pm by steve@dcfd »
I believe the game is tonight at 7pm maybe the odd first teamer and Trialist involved. GMC said that Knoyle may get some minutes tonight.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

anton123

• Forum Member
Re: U18 v Thorne Colliery
« Reply #1 on July 26, 2022, 02:43:19 pm by anton123 »
I suspect there will be a few who not had enough minutes yet , think I’m gonna go watch , decent set up down there now

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on July 26, 2022, 03:35:24 pm by steve@dcfd »
No mention in this article if any first team squad players or Trialists will be involved

https://www.doncasterroversfc.co.uk/news/2022/july/preview--club-thorne-colliery-vs-rovers-u18s/

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on July 26, 2022, 09:48:34 pm by Donnywolf »
Charlie Seaman played .. Faulkner played well

2 0 up at HT Colliery came back into it and pulled it back to 2 2 . Their second was a screamer that gave Ben B no chance BUT came from a Colliery throw in that everyone bar Lino & Ref knew was a Rovers throw

Rovers went 3 2 up with about a minute to go after almost conceding a goal at the other end ...and even then conceded a Penalty which the Colliery player hit with no conviction at all leaving BB to save easily with the ball being thumped to safety and the Final whistle came soon afterwards

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on July 26, 2022, 09:57:38 pm by Alan Southstand »
The referee definitely gave the benefit of the doubt to the home side all night. The tackle on Seaman would have been a red card in the EFL!

He had to come off after that.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on July 26, 2022, 10:33:19 pm by drfchound »
Hopefully not another long term injury.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on July 26, 2022, 10:46:33 pm by Alan Southstand »
The tackle was from behind and right down the back of his heel (Achilles?). As I said previously, it was a red card offence.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on July 26, 2022, 10:50:12 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
The tackle was from behind and right down the back of his heel (Achilles?). As I said previously, it was a red card offence.

That's shocking to hear, particularly since Seaman is trying to get back to full speed from his previous injury.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on July 27, 2022, 08:45:43 am by selby »
  It was a good work out, Thorne put a shift in and made the lads work for the result which was more a team game than anyone really standing out.
  The third goal was a great move down the left Tom Parkinson who had worked hard carrying the ball all night down the left flank beat a defender for pace and another on the goal line to put a great ball to the far post for Fletcher to tap in after he got in a great position at the far post.
  The defence in general led by Faulkner coped well with the Thorne attack who looked lively on the ball on a difficult dry pitch that didn't help anyone, and hopefully again the attendance helped another local side with funds, and gave some supporters a glimpse of the youth team.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on July 27, 2022, 08:51:11 am by Donnywolf »
The referee definitely gave the benefit of the doubt to the home side all night. The tackle on Seaman would have been a red card in the EFL!

He had to come off after that.

He (CS) was going well up to that point as well

Rovers  7 was very noticeable too ... someone will help me out with a name as I didn't get a Team sheet but I saw one and there were no Numbers to check out

Looked for you Selby but no see !

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on July 27, 2022, 08:54:22 am by Al4475 »
Good set up at Thorne now, whole idea based on Club Doncaster model (tho at this moment purely football based) incorporating new youth sides and working hard in schools across the whole area.
The manager James O'Neill used to be Retford Utd skipper and reckons that Dean Furman was the hardest player he's ever had to face, James' back room team includes Rich Sennet who has worked at various clubs, the chairman Mark Phillips is Thorne through and through, they also provide sports camps over the school hols that include free hot meals for all kids involved via the Marcus Rashford initiative.

I have been involved with them over the last year and a bit through knowing James through school and worked the mic for em last season - tho i am away this week so missed this one, they were runners up last year on the league and will push for the top slot this year.

It's a very good set up.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on July 27, 2022, 08:55:45 am by Donnywolf »
BB & SS will be impressed

It was £5 to get in or £3 for Concessions ... and lass on gate took my Tenner and instantly gave me 5 back.

My mates however will be staggered that I handed over more than I needed to without protesting !

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on July 27, 2022, 09:12:44 am by selby »
  I looked for you we must be blind I was sat in the stand at the front mate,

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on July 27, 2022, 09:34:32 am by Donnywolf »
I was stood to your right then about where the Lino was never up with play and missed offsides and the very obvious deflection for a Throw in awarded to TCFC in error that led to Dom ....... s goal. He thumped that in for sure but employed by Rovers in Fitness role someone told me

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on July 27, 2022, 10:18:31 am by Alan Southstand »
Was 7 Kuleya?

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on July 27, 2022, 05:40:37 pm by Al4475 »
I was stood to your right then about where the Lino was never up with play and missed offsides and the very obvious deflection for a Throw in awarded to TCFC in error that led to Dom ....... s goal. He thumped that in for sure but employed by Rovers in Fitness role someone told me

Dom Mellor?

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on July 27, 2022, 06:38:30 pm by Donnywolf »
Cheers Al ,.. couldn't remember but hell of a strike that was  !

Enjoyed it ... and as you say right set up . Will pop down for more games when I can / when Rovers allow

TinyPortal © 2005-2012