Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 01:36:35 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Game off  (Read 12829 times)

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
Re: Game off
« Reply #30 on March 12, 2013, 01:01:43 pm by MachoMadness »
Hugely disappointing. If the game vs Orient was on, in far worse conditions than this, I was sure this would be on. This could well come back to bite us in future, it really could.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Belle-Vue-Ghost

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on March 12, 2013, 01:01:50 pm by Belle-Vue-Ghost »
Some people baffle me on here. It's off, get over it. The ref hasn't just turned up and thought "you know what, I can't be arsed tonight, I'll call it off". I'm sure Andy Thompson and his ground staff have done everything in their power to get the game on. Maybe if the pitch had a bit of grass on it we may have had a game. It's off, deal with it. Lets hope Saturday is on

tommy toes

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on March 12, 2013, 01:02:51 pm by tommy toes »
Could be a blessing in disguise.
In a few weeks time hopefully the squad will be fit and well, especially Jones Hume and Syers and the pitch will be in better condition.
And who knows, our nearest challengers will continue to cock up

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on March 12, 2013, 01:03:34 pm by MrFrost »
As long as it isn't arranged for next Tuesday as i'm off to see Kasabian at The Dome!

weststander

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on March 12, 2013, 01:04:08 pm by weststander »
Very disappointing but with the milder weather after Wednesday, it gives us the chance to get the pitch in shape for Saturday. Fingers crossed for a Brentford Swindon draw and Tranmere to go down at Walsall....C'mon the saddlers!!

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on March 12, 2013, 01:04:19 pm by steve@dcfd »
It may be overreaction but the stadium is the clubs now. We know areas of the pitch are in the shade. We know the pitch lacks grass. So it's down to the club to sort this out. These types of pitches need the lights to encourage grass growth we have not got them. Heaters that can warm ares of the pitch. We now cannot blame SMC so lets not blame the club.

Belle-Vue-Ghost

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on March 12, 2013, 01:07:02 pm by Belle-Vue-Ghost »
It may be overreaction but the stadium is the clubs now. We know areas of the pitch are in the shade. We know the pitch lacks grass. So it's down to the club to sort this out. These types of pitches need the lights to encourage grass growth we have not got them. Heaters that can warm ares of the pitch. We now cannot blame SMC so lets not blame the club.

Steve, as far as I'm aware these heaters & lights are massively expensive. I remember reading on here.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on March 12, 2013, 01:08:11 pm by IDM »
This could well come back to bite us in future, it really could.

Why?  Because we'll have less chance of winning with players like Brown, Hume and Syers even fitter than now? Because we may have to slip a Tuesday fixture in between all those saturdays, apart from Easter Monday?

The Orient fixture may have seen more snow, but less of a frozen pitch.  I am sure tonight's game would have been on if at all possible.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on March 12, 2013, 01:09:30 pm by steve@dcfd »
The lights can be used all year round and heaters can be hired if required. Dave Cotterill just tweeted the training ground is ok to train yet game is off.

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on March 12, 2013, 01:12:11 pm by donnievic »
Time to sort the pitch out and tell the rugby team to f*** off and play at Castle Park.
FFS how many times does it have to be said its got nothing to do with rugby my being played there as for it being postponed its not as though we have got another 4 games to fit into rest of the season

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on March 12, 2013, 01:12:28 pm by DearneValleyRover »
I'm disappointed as I was looking forward to the game but it could be a blessing in disguise, the lads have looked like they were running on empty with the continual 2 games per week and has stated Hume, Brown and Jones can rest and recover plus Syers could be back we could very well benefit from this.

Bald Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on March 12, 2013, 01:12:56 pm by Bald Rover »
Cant believe people are slating the ground staff?????

ffs how short our memories are wasnt that long ago they were working through the night clearing snow etc to ensure ours was one of a few that werent called off, are you now saying they have sat there and said f***k it? Im sure thay have worked hard trying to get it on!...........

unless...........are we sure that the postponement isnt for our benefit?

p.s....Portsmouth and Scunny cancelations would mean I miss 0 games and still have my holiday (please )

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on March 12, 2013, 01:14:35 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
The lights can be used all year round and heaters can be hired if required. Dave Cotterill just tweeted the training ground is ok to train yet game is off.

Cantley Park hasn't taken as much punishment as the Keepmoat pitch. And who's to say it's just the pitch that's been taken into consideration?

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on March 12, 2013, 01:14:55 pm by wing commander »
Jesus Gents.....Look we all know what super human efforts Andy puts into this pitch which are mainly due to the old SMC failing to do the required work on the pitch from previous years...If he couldn't get it on then thats life...The club were desperate to get it on but it isn't...Theres been no lack of effort by anybody it's just nature....stop bloody moaning....

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on March 12, 2013, 01:15:18 pm by MrFrost »
Time to sort the pitch out and tell the rugby team to f*** off and play at Castle Park.
FFS how many times does it have to be said its got nothing to do with rugby my being played there as for it being postponed its not as though we have got another 4 games to fit into rest of the season

Rugby will have some effect on the pitch. To say that it doesn't is very naive.

Jimmydee

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on March 12, 2013, 01:16:18 pm by Jimmydee »
its a long way to travel from Carlisle, so at least the supporters hae had plenty of warning, the poor MK Dons fans didn't have that much notice. That's from a travelling fans point of view.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on March 12, 2013, 01:17:31 pm by RobTheRover »
Cantley Park doesn't have 4 whacking great stands around it,  restricting light and airflow.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on March 12, 2013, 01:18:47 pm by IDM »

Some effect on the quality perhaps, but wouldn't make any difference to frost resistance?

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on March 12, 2013, 01:19:41 pm by The Red Baron »
A theory- the Dons played Sunday afternoon. The pitch then froze before the groundstaff could get the covers down- certainly onto the areas at the South Stand End that are difficult to thaw out.

With tempearatures up to +8C by Friday the affected areas should thaw out in time for Saturday's match.

As for delaying the inspection, I am not happy at the moment having made arrangements to get to the game- but I'd have been even unhappier if the game had been called off after I'd made the effort to travel up to Donny.

coppsisgod

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on March 12, 2013, 01:21:21 pm by coppsisgod »
Franchise fans deserve it though. Anyway does anyone know when the game could potentially be rearranged for?

weststander

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on March 12, 2013, 01:24:47 pm by weststander »
Franchise fans deserve it though. Anyway does anyone know when the game could potentially be rearranged for?
Sorry am having a slow day, care to explain that

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on March 12, 2013, 01:29:27 pm by adamtherover »

Franchise?

dgeczi

« Reply #52 on March 12, 2013, 01:30:27 pm by dgeczi »
Not too fussed being off although was looking forward to having a beer tonight, the pitch is looking bad last few games too so what it is going to be like next game God knows..

dgeczi

« Reply #53 on March 12, 2013, 01:31:54 pm by dgeczi »

Even before RL season started the pitch was shit..

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on March 12, 2013, 01:34:55 pm by mushRTID »
As long as it isn't arranged for next Tuesday as i'm off to see Kasabian at The Dome!

snap

drfc1951

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on March 12, 2013, 01:39:05 pm by drfc1951 »
Pathetic decision. There is nothing wrong with the ground. f*** sake.
How do you know theres nothing wrong with the ground.Have you been and inspected it?

RedArmy

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on March 12, 2013, 01:39:43 pm by RedArmy »
What a joke, so embarrasing.
The tiniest bit of snow which has gone now anyway. Our multi million pound stadium cant even deal with it, beyond a joke now. If this was at belle vue it would still be on.

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on March 12, 2013, 01:40:00 pm by donnievic »

thry have played all of what 3 games on it this Season so no I don't think it would have an effect on the pitch,it's not as thought it was in great condition before the rugby season started was it

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on March 12, 2013, 01:41:38 pm by donnievic »
The tiniest bit of snow which has gone now anyway. Our multi million pound stadium cant even deal with it, beyond a joke now. If this was at belle vue it would still be on.
shut up you plank snow has had nothing to do with it being called off,how do you know the club did want it called off with all the games we have played lately so have chance to get players fully fit

RedArmy

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on March 12, 2013, 01:45:17 pm by RedArmy »
shut up you plank snow has had nothing to do with it being called off,how do you know the club did want it called off with all the games we have played lately so have chance to get players fully fit

HAHAHA. so you call me a plank for my comment then you come out with "how do you know the club did (which im guessing meant to say didnt*) want it called off with all the game we have played lately so have chance to get players fully fit"
What a pathetic point that is, if you didnt know its the referee who decided weather the games on or not, not brian flynn, john ryan or anyone else to do with rovers.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012