Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 12:19:31 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Time to get rid of the Dons  (Read 4632 times)

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
Time to get rid of the Dons
« on March 12, 2013, 02:12:55 pm by mrfrostsdad »
We own the stadium now, so lets get rid of them. What do they bring to the party? Nothing. They have a turnover of about £27 and six shillings a year. We don't need them.
I have no doubt the pitch is in the state it's in because they churn it up to **** every week and when it freezes we have no chance of playing. We have gone having a having a lovely pitch to having a cabbage patch.
Do we care if they have nowhere else to play? Personally, I don't give a damn. And looking at their 'crowds' neither do many other people

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

MrFrost

• Forum Member
Re: Time to get rid of the Dons
« Reply #1 on March 12, 2013, 02:26:19 pm by MrFrost »
To be fair, they've only played a couple of games on it.

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on March 12, 2013, 02:34:48 pm by not on facebook »
It was a very bad jackfrost that did not Help the state Of our pitch....

...Well according to inspector frost ...

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on March 12, 2013, 02:36:24 pm by the vicar »
Very narrow minded indeed.  its not possible to get rid of them as you call it as they are part of the agreement for the lease no dons no lease simple as  the state of the pitch is nothing to do with them churning it up  it is more to do with the covers not letting the grass breath it was ok till they had to leave it covered up for 2 weeks then there was no grass

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on March 12, 2013, 02:39:43 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Other clubs manage to share - the problem seems less to do with the sharing and more to the combination of the weather and needing to cover the pitch, and that the pitch itself needs an upgrade.

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on March 12, 2013, 02:40:39 pm by Mr1Croft »
Since when did we own the stadium? We own a management contract, two very different things...

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on March 12, 2013, 02:42:00 pm by colincramb »
What an absolute load of shite!!! Let's kick a local community team out of their stadium so we have less games called off!? There are countless other clubs that share with rugby league/union teams, hull being one and I don't see games called off there every winter.

They have as much right as us to play at the KMS,  that's why it's a community stadium you tit!

Jesus, I really do wonder sometimes...

TheRev

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on March 12, 2013, 02:45:13 pm by TheRev »
Some people just post sh1te for the sake of it. This is another one of those posts.

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on March 12, 2013, 02:47:14 pm by mrfrostsdad »
So, what part of the 'community' of Doncaster care about the Dons?
What's their average home gate? Why can they not play on the pitch outside the main stadium?

Tits? Not last time I looked :-)

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on March 12, 2013, 02:49:19 pm by RobTheRover »
MrFrost,  is this fella really your Dad?

If so,  my thoughts are with you.

RedRover45

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on March 12, 2013, 03:12:54 pm by RedRover45 »
We own the stadium now, so lets get rid of them. What do they bring to the party? Nothing. They have a turnover of about £27 and six shillings a year. We don't need them.
I have no doubt the pitch is in the state it's in because they churn it up to **** every week and when it freezes we have no chance of playing. We have gone having a having a lovely pitch to having a cabbage patch.
Do we care if they have nowhere else to play? Personally, I don't give a damn. And looking at their 'crowds' neither do many other people

You stupid ignorant t**t. What right have DRFC got to ' kick the Dons out'. Check your facts, it's a community stadium. The reason tonight's game is off is due to the inclement weather and the badly shaped design of the roof allied to no under soil heating. We have had idiots time and time again arguing how the rugby club 'damage' the pitch and time and time again you are told that rugby is a game played all over the pitch instead of in areas such as goal lines and penalty boxes that the football teams damage far more. The only real damage to the pitch since its inception, is the Elton John stage and the benching areas put on the pitch during the American Football weekend a few years back. If you're being mardy because you are missing your football fix tonight, at least get your facts rights instead if spouting b*llocks.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on March 12, 2013, 03:28:39 pm by MrFrost »

You stupid ignorant t**t. What right have DRFC got to ' kick the Dons out'. Check your facts, it's a community stadium. The reason tonight's game is off is due to the inclement weather and the badly shaped design of the roof allied to no under soil heating. We have had idiots time and time again arguing how the rugby club 'damage' the pitch and time and time again you are told that rugby is a game played all over the pitch instead of in areas such as goal lines and penalty boxes that the football teams damage far more. The only real damage to the pitch since its inception, is the Elton John stage and the benching areas put on the pitch during the American Football weekend a few years back. If you're being mardy because you are missing your football fix tonight, at least get your facts rights instead if spouting b*llocks.

Got to love those who can't construct a reply without resorting to personal abuse. Really shows  their level of intelligence.

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on March 12, 2013, 03:33:25 pm by donnievic »
MrFrost,  is this fella really your Dad?

If so,  my thoughts are with you.

i thought they were the same person

RedRover45

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on March 12, 2013, 03:36:42 pm by RedRover45 »

Got to love those who can't construct a reply without resorting to personal abuse. Really shows  their level of intelligence.
[/quote

I think you'll find I constructed my post quoting a lot of facts about the pitch, as well as fact about your 'dad' being stupid and ignorant. I apologise about the 't**t' bit, I can't factually prove that but I stick by everything else I said. A brainless rant by somebody who doesn't know the facts and blindly followed by his sheep-like son.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on March 12, 2013, 03:39:53 pm by MrFrost »

[/quote

I think you'll find I constructed my post quoting a lot of facts about the pitch, as well as fact about your 'dad' being stupid and ignorant. I apologise about the 't**t' bit, I can't factually prove that but I stick by everything else I said. A brainless rant by somebody who doesn't know the facts and blindly followed by his sheep-like son.

Sheep like. Did you read my follow up comment? Thought not.
Fact is the Dons will cause wear and tear on the pitch.

Personally, I don't see why the option of them playing on the second pitch can't be considered.

RedRover45

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on March 12, 2013, 03:45:24 pm by RedRover45 »

[/quote

Sheep like. Did you read my follow up comment? Thought not.
Fact is the Dons will cause wear and tear on the pitch.

Personally, I don't see why the option of them playing on the second pitch can't be considered.

Fact 1: Capacity of Pitch 2 is 499. The Dons are currently averaging 800-1000.
Fact 2: It is not a fact that the rugby team causes more damage to the pitch than the two football teams.
Fact 3: The sole purpose of you and your dad is to court controversy and to spout unfounded b*llocks about anything and anybody.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on March 12, 2013, 03:47:54 pm by MrFrost »
I didn't say they cause more damage. I said they cause wear and tear.

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on March 12, 2013, 03:55:28 pm by donnievic »
Apart from the stand being to small to be able to play the game there wasnt there a problem other season when rovers tried to play a reserve game there being no changing rooms within the grounds of the stands,buts just like people who don't like woods or harper as with people don't like rugby league they will always find things to blame it on

The Beast

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on March 12, 2013, 04:08:54 pm by The Beast »
Apart from the stand being to small to be able to play the game there wasnt there a problem other season when rovers tried to play a reserve game there being no changing rooms within the grounds of the stands,buts just like people who don't like woods or harper as with people don't like rugby league they will always find things to blame it on
Totally agree, what a ridiculous thread. Sometimes reading some of the posts on this forum make me cringe, almost make me feel embarrassed to be a Rovers fan.

donnyallday

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on March 12, 2013, 04:31:43 pm by donnyallday »
Hes kiddin, surely. ?

Is he ?

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on March 12, 2013, 04:34:25 pm by bobjimwilly »
It's threads like this that make me think we should bring back the Childrens Play Pen section...

:facepalm:

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on March 12, 2013, 06:35:08 pm by jonnydog »
w**k thread! Ignore and move on!

donnygav93

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on March 12, 2013, 06:40:30 pm by donnygav93 »
its comments like the original post that makes me want to keep my surname  quiet on this forum  :chair:

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on March 12, 2013, 06:43:27 pm by jonnydog »
You are Gavin Frostsdad, and I claim my £5 :lol:

RedmanRufus

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on March 12, 2013, 07:13:20 pm by RedmanRufus »
Great post mrfrostsdad, get the egg chasers off no point in them, should be a football stadium for a football club, that's it.

You reds

Oulu Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on March 12, 2013, 08:02:33 pm by Oulu Rover »
Some fairly recent research suggested neither code of rugby caused any more damage to grass playing surfaces than association football.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on March 12, 2013, 09:49:36 pm by BobG »
It's a pointless idea anyway. Throw the Dons put and the Rovers have to move out as well. It's a fundamental part of the contract with the Council - who do actually still own the place. They funded it for the 'community'. No single sporting club in town could ever claim to be 'the community'.

And anyway, how on Earth can a season that started less than 3 weeks ago and has seen 2 matches played be responsible for shite grass that goes back 2 months?

Bizarre.

BobG

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on March 12, 2013, 10:25:10 pm by DearneValleyRover »
What an absolute joke of a suggestion without any level of knowledge. The game being called off has nothing to do with the Dons. The way the pitch has been constructed is the problem the interwoven synthetic hasn't worked and the amount of sand only aids to a harder surface, rip that bugger up and lay a pitch more in line with BV's and I doubt we would have an issue.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 07:07:04 am by DearneValleyRover »

afro goal machine

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on March 12, 2013, 11:14:24 pm by afro goal machine »
Could we maybe sell the dons and put any money towards purchasing Billy sharp to spearhead our assault on the championship

TinyPortal © 2005-2012