Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 09:36:46 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Swiss 36, No. 19 - Stadion Brügglifeld, FC Aarau  (Read 1673 times)

FuzzyDuck

• Forum Member
Swiss 36, No. 19 - Stadion Brügglifeld, FC Aarau
« on March 12, 2013, 08:33:14 pm by FuzzyDuck »
With no game tonight, a little more news from Switzerland

Hope you like it

http://fuzzys-schweizer-fussball.blogspot.ch/2013/03/swiss-36-no-19-stadion-brugglifeld-fc.html

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

BobG

• VSC Member
Re: Swiss 36, No. 19 - Stadion Brügglifeld, FC Aarau
« Reply #1 on March 12, 2013, 10:58:17 pm by BobG »
Thank you, once again Fuzzy. I dread the day, actually, you complete this series. Perhaps you'll have to go back to making videos of the Rovers? :) A really nicely rounded report of an evening out - not simply of a footy match. I like that.

BobG

FuzzyDuck

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on March 13, 2013, 04:39:38 pm by FuzzyDuck »
 Cheers Bob - I try.

I dare say I'll  put a video together at the end of the season.  On the series, I've got further ideas after this is complete so you'll have plenty of reading from me for a while yet :)

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on March 13, 2013, 09:07:47 pm by Mr1Croft »
Are you not prepared to move to Germany Fuzzy and do a series on their stadiums/teams after this?

If I could fund it I would, but all I can give you is the sense of knowing at least one person will enjoy it! :P

Cracking read btw...

RedRover45

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on March 13, 2013, 09:52:04 pm by RedRover45 »
I've been doing the Dutch Eredivisie grounds over the last few years. I've managed to visit 13 of the 18 but only managed reports in back issues of Popular Stand. Great fun.

FuzzyDuck

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on March 13, 2013, 09:53:15 pm by FuzzyDuck »
Hi Crofty

I used to live in Germany but then my kids were too young to allow me to do what I'm doing now.

I didn't really follow football in Germany, which I've regretted ever since.  I lived near Frankfurt so would have probably been an Eintracht fan (Waldstadion)

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on March 13, 2013, 09:56:31 pm by RedJ »
Are you not prepared to move to Germany Fuzzy and do a series on their stadiums/teams after this?

If I could fund it I would, but all I can give you is the sense of knowing at least one person will enjoy it! :P

Cracking read btw...

Make that 2. I've always wanted to do a tour of the Bundesligen. Bloody lot of grounds to go through mind. Does the bottom division have relegation to the German non-leagues?

RedRover45

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on March 13, 2013, 10:03:14 pm by RedRover45 »

Cracking read btw...

Make that 2. I've always wanted to do a tour of the Bundesligen. Bloody lot of grounds to go through mind. Does the bottom division have relegation to the German non-leagues?

Yes, it's similar to England where they have regional non-leagues.

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on March 13, 2013, 10:49:11 pm by Mr1Croft »
Aye, there is the 18 Bundesliga teams and then is it 16 Bundesliga 2 teams and then non-league?

We are quite unique in that we have 4 "proffessional" leagues and had we been in most other nations in Europe we would have spent the majority of our 134 years in the non-league...

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on March 13, 2013, 11:02:40 pm by RedJ »
Aye, there is the 18 Bundesliga teams and then is it 16 Bundesliga 2 teams and then non-league?

We are quite unique in that we have 4 "proffessional" leagues and had we been in most other nations in Europe we would have spent the majority of our 134 years in the non-league...

There's a Bundesliga 3 too, then apparently the regional divisions.

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on March 13, 2013, 11:46:13 pm by Mr1Croft »
Things are a little different. The top two (Bundesliga 1 & 2) are ran by the German Football League, the third tier (Liga) is where the German FA come in (but if we are comparing it directly with our system it is regarded non-league but still professional.

The regional divisions starting at the fourth tier has proved to work as it encourages increased attendences. Also Liga (3rd tier) is the biggest league with 20 teams, having less than that in the top 2 has seen a much vibrant away culture (it makes sense, less games = more chsnces of attending them all).

I could go on, but everything they do over there is miles better. Im not even gonna start on the Winter Break...

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on March 14, 2013, 12:00:25 am by RedJ »
Things are a little different. The top two (Bundesliga 1 & 2) are ran by the German Football League, the third tier (Liga) is where the German FA come in (but if we are comparing it directly with our system it is regarded non-league but still professional.

The regional divisions starting at the fourth tier has proved to work as it encourages increased attendences. Also Liga (3rd tier) is the biggest league with 20 teams, having less than that in the top 2 has seen a much vibrant away culture (it makes sense, less games = more chsnces of attending them all).

I could go on, but everything they do over there is miles better. Im not even gonna start on the Winter Break...

Wasn't aware of that actually, thanks Lee. I find how European leagues work (especially the German system) incredibly interesting, as sad as that is. :laugh:

FuzzyDuck

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on March 14, 2013, 05:47:45 am by FuzzyDuck »
The beauty of Swiss football is like Scottish footy, you don't have far to travel.  The longest trip is about 4 1/2 hours.  It's a shame the standard couldn't be a bit higher but it's enjoyable all the same.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on March 14, 2013, 01:24:08 pm by ravenrover »
I hope that you were one of those at the Grasshoppers game sat in a hot tub, champagne etc at the side of the pitch. :thumbsup:

TinyPortal © 2005-2012