Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 05:21:41 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: 3 home games  (Read 2921 times)

mushRTID

• Forum Member
3 home games
« on March 12, 2013, 10:09:17 pm by mushRTID »
Swindon/Tranmere/Carlisle

Lets get a deal on. 3 games for £30 or something. Lets forget about making lots of money and fill the ground to cheer us to promotion.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RedArmy

• Forum Member
Re: 3 home games
« Reply #1 on March 12, 2013, 10:10:33 pm by RedArmy »
Havent they announced tonight £90 for the last 5 or something?

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on March 12, 2013, 10:11:27 pm by mushRTID »
Not seen it?? Seems steep wont fill the ground with that.

RedArmy

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on March 12, 2013, 10:12:25 pm by RedArmy »
I could of dreamt it haha, but works out at 18 quid a game, like you said wont tempt many more people

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on March 12, 2013, 10:19:34 pm by RedJ »
That's a bloody multigame ticket :laugh: clever marketing like.

£30 for the three is a cracking idea, would pack the ground and hopefully shout us over the line.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on March 12, 2013, 10:21:48 pm by hoolahoop »
I could of dreamt it haha, but works out at 18 quid a game, like you said wont tempt many more people

Yep it's far too expensive to attract a big crowd.......an 'own' goal imo.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on March 12, 2013, 10:24:39 pm by mushRTID »

Doing a deal for these 3 (and don't forget ones on sky so may be a lower crowd) would see a full ground boost the lads. And it would still leave 1 more game to charge full price and probably sell out been the last game/ party.

RedArmy

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on March 12, 2013, 10:25:01 pm by RedArmy »
it was a cracking dream..

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on March 12, 2013, 11:27:22 pm by IDM »

Yet still £10 cheaper than buying all 5 tickets individually...

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on March 12, 2013, 11:52:37 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
They are being very careful to protect the value of the season ticket and multi-ticket. The club has little room for manoeuvre on this one although I would prefer more bums on seats if a bigger discount guaranteed it.       

Saving a tenner should not be sniffed at and let's hope more folks come to see fantastic end to the season.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on March 13, 2013, 09:47:48 am by bobjimwilly »
They are being very careful to protect the value of the season ticket and multi-ticket. The club has little room for manoeuvre on this one although I would prefer more bums on seats if a bigger discount guaranteed it.       

Saving a tenner should not be sniffed at and let's hope more folks come to see fantastic end to the season.

seconded

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on March 13, 2013, 11:23:35 am by mrfrostsdad »
Its £95 for 5 games I think.
£30 for three games would do one thing and one thing alone: p*** off the season ticket holders who have already paid more for their tickets.
Would it fill the ground? Not in a million years. How many times when we were in the championship did we charge £10 and £1 for kids? Did it ever fill the ground? No!
The only time the ground was ever remotely full (except when Scumbags United brought about 5000 with them) was when we GAVE tickets away. Are you suggesting we should do that and REALLY p*** off season ticket holders?!

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on March 13, 2013, 11:52:44 am by MrFrost »
£30 for three games would do one thing and one thing alone: p*** off the season ticket holders who have already paid more for their tickets.
Would it fill the ground? Not in a million years. How many times when we were in the championship did we charge £10 and £1 for kids? Did it ever fill the ground? No!
The only time the ground was ever remotely full (except when Scumbags United brought about 5000 with them) was when we GAVE tickets away. Are you suggesting we should do that and REALLY p*** off season ticket holders?!

We filled the ground (home end at least) against Swansea when it was a tenner a ticket. Sold out against Newcastle and Leeds also.
Crewe in the JPT as well.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on March 13, 2013, 11:55:25 am by mushRTID »

Im speaking from a personal point of view. I couldnt care less if the people buying the deal were getting a better deal than me. If it meant we filled the ground (or close) for 3 massive games then id be fine with that.

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on March 13, 2013, 12:20:19 pm by mrfrostsdad »
Personally, it wouldn't bother me that much and I am a STH. But I know plenty it would bother.
Our home crowds average 6700 this season. Lets say the away teams have brought on average 400, leaving around 6300 Rovers fans.
Is anyone suggesting that reducing tickets to £10 would mean another 8000 plus 'fans' attending? That's what it would mean to fill the ground, and I don't think it would happen.

Anyway, JR said before the start of the season he would not 'de-value' season tickets

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on March 13, 2013, 01:34:13 pm by IDM »
Isn't the club allowed to do 3 or 4 cheap ticket promotions in one season?

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on March 13, 2013, 01:40:58 pm by MrFrost »

Yep, known as "local promotions"

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on March 13, 2013, 01:54:05 pm by the vicar »
The problem as I see it is as follows - when the club did cheap tickets before, season ticket holders complained and as a result stopped buying a season ticket so that they could have cheaper tickets.  So, as a result of that, Rovers said no more cheap tickets.  Also, if I remember rightly, there was a campaign  here on VSC, to stop cheap tickets being sold!

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on March 13, 2013, 02:53:18 pm by silent majority »

Yep, known as "local promotions"

They're actually known as 'community days'.

donnyallday

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on March 13, 2013, 02:56:01 pm by donnyallday »
Reducing prices to swell the gates doesnt really help you over the line.

NOISE WISE.

Johnny come latelys and the floaters arnt passionate enough, you might as well stick the seats with cardboard cut outs.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on March 13, 2013, 02:58:03 pm by silent majority »
For a long time now we've been asking the club to respect the season ticket holders (who provide the bulk of the ticket revenue) and value the contribution they make. The club, in the shape of the 'ultimate season ticket' have done exactly that. It would be difficult for them and us to now ignore that and start cutting prices. As we all know, those who attend when the price has been slashed won't turn up when the price goes back to its normal level.

The club are doing a lot of local promotions through the schools and other community organisations where people are given the chance to experience the Keepmoat. Targeted marketing is the answer for a club like ours.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on March 13, 2013, 06:14:14 pm by The Red Baron »
As a STH I agree fully with SM. Also, don't forget that the Carlisle and Swindon games have been designated for Alliance members. I've made sure my tickets for these have gone to good homes and I hope others will do so.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on March 13, 2013, 07:11:43 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
So, as a result of that, Rovers said no more cheap tickets.  Also, if I remember rightly, there was a campaign  here on VSC, to stop cheap tickets being sold!

Not quite right. What the VSC campaigned (successfully) for, was a simplified pricing structure that passes the test of "how much is it for a ticket" better than the complex Cat 1, 2, 3 matches and Cat A B, C seating etc.

At the same time, ensuring to cost of the season ticket was not being undermined by regular cut price (Cat 3 or other) offers. 

As we have said on here many times in the past, It cannot be right that someone buying one off tickets for matches including all the  the offers directly from DRFC and/or those through vouchers/newspapers, end up paying less that a ST holder for the same category seat !

My gripe,  which still remains, is this. How can you fully promote the benefits and savings of a season ticket, if you cannot inform your customers what the full price range of tickets will be?

I don't buy the excuse of 'We don't know what division we will be in". Well have a guess, it will either be League One or the Championship. Plan ahead FFS !

The bread and butter income is via ST sales, so it makes more sense to convert more people to ST holders or multi tickets by a much more creative campaign than "A price freeze". Spot prizes for renewing do not determine whether someone buys in the first place.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012