Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 02:18:35 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Fixture Backlog  (Read 1575 times)

DMnumber4

• Forum Member
Fixture Backlog
« on March 13, 2013, 01:59:29 am by DMnumber4 »
I was going to post about this regardless of the postponement of the Carlisle game, which has actually added a bit more concern.

The game at Coventry on 30th March is the only League 1 fixture that day, everyone else plays on Good Friday, before the Monday fixture on April 1st, where we are of course at home to Swindon in the early Sky kick off.

The Robins, who are home to Oldham, are going to have more than 24 hours rest over us prior to the 12:15pm game.

Rovers are going to have about 40 hours rest time between getting home from the Ricoh and kicking off against Swindon.

Add to this the rearranged Carlisle game on the 9th and we have 4 games in 10 days - 3 of which are at home!

Injuries or not, the lads are going to be knackered, as Gary Neville says, "you can have 3 sausage butties, but the third won't taste as good as the first!"

My question(s) therefore are:
1) As Sky dictates the kick off time on the Monday, why are we the only fixture on the Saturday?

2) Who has decided, and why, that the Carlisle game will be when it is and not say 19th / 26th March?

:scarf:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

watto-drfc

• Forum Member
Re: Fixture Backlog
« Reply #1 on March 13, 2013, 05:49:16 am by watto-drfc »
traditionally in Doncaster alot of people work good friday, we have not played good friday at home for a long time

nice one rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on March 13, 2013, 07:22:57 am by nice one rovers »
I was going to post about this regardless of the postponement of the Carlisle game, which has actually added a bit more concern.

The game at Coventry on 30th March is the only League 1 fixture that day, everyone else plays on Good Friday, before the Monday fixture on April 1st, where we are of course at home to Swindon in the early Sky kick off.

The Robins, who are home to Oldham, are going to have more than 24 hours rest over us prior to the 12:15pm game.

Rovers are going to have about 40 hours rest time between getting home from the Ricoh and kicking off against Swindon.

Add to this the rearranged Carlisle game on the 9th and we have 4 games in 10 days - 3 of which are at home!

Injuries or not, the lads are going to be knackered, as Gary Neville says, "you can have 3 sausage butties, but the third won't taste as good as the first!"

1) As Sky dictates the kick off time on the Monday, why are we the only fixture on the Saturday?

2) Who has decided, and why, that the Carlisle game will be when it is and not say 19th / 26th March?

I've just done seven 12 hour shifts, no posts about me , I'm coping.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on March 13, 2013, 08:00:22 am by RobTheRover »
With all due respect,  nice one, I doubt you are getting promotion anytime soon.

;)

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on March 13, 2013, 08:12:03 am by jonnydog »
Who actually does decide the fixture date/time. I know it's supposed to be the FL, but would and could Sky overrule them?

ArmthorpeRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on March 13, 2013, 08:17:01 am by ArmthorpeRover »
On the flip side they maybe relishing the games coming thick and fast, is an opportunity to really tick the points over.

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on March 13, 2013, 08:22:43 am by donnievic »
Who actually does decide the fixture date/time. I know it's supposed to be the FL, but would and could Sky overrule them?
seeing as it isn't on sky why would they over rule them,any match that has been selected for sky then they have the power to change the date and time for that fixture up 6 week before the game as SM pointed out other week,of course both clubs have to also agree

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on March 13, 2013, 08:25:07 am by Mr1Croft »
traditionally in Doncaster alot of people work good friday, we have not played good friday at home for a long time

The Coventry game on the Saturday is away from home.

On another thread there is an article that suggests that there has been talks over moving the Coventry fixture back 24 hours.

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on March 13, 2013, 08:30:07 am by donnievic »

your saying backlog of 4 games in 10 days which 3 are at home,if we would of played last night we would have played 7 in 22 days of which 4 was away all of which was over 2 hours travelling with 3 midweek games

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on March 13, 2013, 08:40:22 am by The Red Baron »
I can't see why the scheduling of the Carlisle game is a problem. We will play on 1st, 6th, 9th and 13th April. At other times of the season you play Tuesday-Saturday-Tuesday-Saturday. The Blunts have it much worse as they will now play on 13th, 16th, 20th, 23rd & 27th April.

Playing on 26th March is a no-no, because we would clash with England's televised game in Montenegro- a certain recipe for a low crowd. Next Tuesday was a possibility, but I'm guessing that by April they're hoping for better weather which might help the pitch recover a bit.

As for the Easter Saturday situation, it seems we're in negotiations with Coventry and the Football League about moving the game to the Friday.

DMnumber4

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on March 13, 2013, 10:55:13 am by DMnumber4 »

TinyPortal © 2005-2012