Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 08:00:54 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Fixture Switch  (Read 2920 times)

watto-drfc

• Forum Member
Fixture Switch
« on March 13, 2013, 06:00:05 am by watto-drfc »
Coventry City and Doncaster Rovers are understood to have been discussing the possibility of moving the League One fixture.

City are due to entertain Rovers at the Ricoh Arena on Saturday March 30th but it is understood that there are those who would like the game played on Good Friday in order to give the players an extra day's rest before the Bank Holiday Monday game.

The Football League would have an final say on any moving of a fixture.

More on this to follow.

http://www.coventrycity-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/city_v_doncaster_game_switch_talk_787351/index.shtml

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
Re: Fixture Switch
« Reply #1 on March 13, 2013, 06:18:28 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
In practice its ok, but it's two weeks away and I've already made other plans for the day, not great notice at all if they change it now.

CoventryRed

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on March 13, 2013, 08:32:09 am by CoventryRed »
No no no. We've already made plans including my family booking non refundable hotel rooms for the Saturday night  :(

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on March 13, 2013, 08:33:20 am by Mr1Croft »
It seems Swindon changed their game this week to the Friday too, luckily its a home game for them and the reason they gave was because of the DRFC fixture on the Monday.

weststander

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on March 13, 2013, 08:40:54 am by weststander »
No no no. We've already made plans including my family booking non refundable hotel rooms for the Saturday night  :(
So you would rather not lose your hotel outlay even if it meant we lost the Monday game to Swindon because of fatigue

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on March 13, 2013, 08:42:12 am by The Red Baron »

As usual, the fans are the last ones to be considered. The clubs have had since the fixtures were published to look at this.
 And once the Swindon game (which, don't forget, was scheduled for an evening kick-off) was moved to 12.15pm on the Monday the Coventry game should definitely have been switched to the Friday.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 08:58:39 am by The Red Baron »

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on March 13, 2013, 09:04:12 am by donnievic »

As usual, the fans are the last ones to be considered. The clubs have had since the fixtures were published to look at this.
 And once the Swindon game (which, don't forget, was scheduled for an evening kick-off) was moved to 12.15pm on the Monday the Coventry game should definitely have been switched to the Friday.
i dont think the Swindon game was never a evening kick off

nice one rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on March 13, 2013, 09:05:50 am by nice one rovers »
So you would rather not lose your hotel outlay even if it meant we lost the Monday game to Swindon because of fatigue

Weststander , are you on tablets? He's allowed to be irritated if he's going to be a couple of hundred down!

weststander

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on March 13, 2013, 09:37:41 am by weststander »
How did you guess NOR? Yes I agree it is annoying although I had assumed that as he had booked non refundable rooms he got a deal at little more than the price of a ticket. Irritating it might be but I doubt it's costing a couple of hundred. It is Coventry and he's not trying to buy the Ricoh!
 :chair:

drfc67

« Reply #9 on March 13, 2013, 09:40:43 am by drfc67 »
As i've booked my Train Tickets for the Saturday along with 10 of my friends i would be pissed off to say the least . Having lost money on Crawley and the MK game this would be the last friggin straw  :headbang:

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on March 13, 2013, 09:46:56 am by The Red Baron »

If you look in the programme from the last home game (Hartlepool) - on the fixtures/ results page- you'll see the ko for 1st April is shown as 19.45- as it has been since the start of the season.

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on March 13, 2013, 11:18:33 am by mrfrostsdad »
Game now switched to Good Friday

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on March 13, 2013, 11:55:35 am by MrFrost »
Very disappointed in the club. No consideration shown for the fans. Maybe the club should stump up the travel costs for those effected?

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on March 13, 2013, 11:59:37 am by Norfolk N Chance »
Very disappointed in the club. No consideration shown for the fans. Maybe the club should stump up the travel costs for those effected?

Piss poor agreed

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on March 13, 2013, 12:13:33 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
As i've booked my Train Tickets for the Saturday along with 10 of my friends i would be pissed off to say the least . Having lost money on Crawley and the MK game this would be the last friggin straw  :headbang:

I'd call the club and see what they can do - should be able to offer you free tickets for a game or two at least?

I think this should be a VSC top of the agenda item for discussing with the club. Some match changes can't be helped, but the Cov game seems like slack planning. Should leave it as was. Personally I value this kind of inconvenience to fans as being greater than that of the teams fitness.

I also think the process for the TV games being changed should be sorted so fixture changes aren't necessary.

Belle-Vue-Ghost

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on March 13, 2013, 12:31:27 pm by Belle-Vue-Ghost »

This

Good idea in theory, piss poor consideration of the fans though who have already paid out for transport/accommodation etc.

drfc67

« Reply #16 on March 13, 2013, 01:45:45 pm by drfc67 »
I don't expect the club to pay my travel costs and the Team does come first it's just the short notice of the change . Fixtures have been out since August and both us and cov new we were playing Sat then Monday , so they had plenty of time to work out the benefit of an extra 24 hrs . I just hope no more games get changed because we have Train tickets booked for the remaining fixtures .
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 01:48:28 pm by drfc67 »

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on March 13, 2013, 02:07:33 pm by RoversAlias »
One of those things isn't it. I'm glad we have moved the game so Swindon don't have an advantage over us. But if I had booked a hotel/train tickets etc. for the Saturday then I would be annoyed too so that's understandable.

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on March 13, 2013, 03:35:22 pm by donnievic »

If you look in the programme from the last home game (Hartlepool) - on the fixtures/ results page- you'll see the ko for 1st April is shown as 19.45- as it has been since the start of the season.
maybe do but think that is just a cock up in the programme as it was always a 3pm till brought forward,don't think we have played a evening kick off on a bank as far as I can remember

bangormaine

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on March 13, 2013, 04:03:47 pm by bangormaine »
Things like this have happened to me in the past. Once due to that Icelandic Ash Cloud and another due to my illness.
On both occasions I wrote an e mail to the hotel group and contacted the Hotel direct, explaining the situation. I made sure i was speaking to a manager and on both occasions I was not left out of pocket.
I also contacted the credit card company that I had used to pay  for the overseas hotel as I lost out on the currency exchange rates. The credit card company stumped up in full no questions asked.
You may also find if you have one of these modern bank accounts that have lots of extras you thought you would never use, might have free travel insurance built in, with a small excess, but nearly covering your loss.

drfc1951

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on March 13, 2013, 04:15:16 pm by drfc1951 »
Great news,means i can go now. :scarf:

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on March 13, 2013, 07:23:13 pm by i_ateallthepies »
Given that we have something major to win/lose, I back the change.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012