Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 04:13:32 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Change of date for Coventry  (Read 2928 times)

Jenny

• VSC Member
Change of date for Coventry
« on March 13, 2013, 10:25:37 am by Jenny »
Now Good Friday - did Rovers consult with the VSC as part of IRWT at all?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
Re: Change of date for Coventry
« Reply #1 on March 13, 2013, 11:16:19 am by mrfrostsdad »
Makes sense. Especially as we kick off early Easter Monday.

One_Matty_Lucas

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on March 13, 2013, 11:18:56 am by One_Matty_Lucas »
What an absolute joke, now need to amend my flights......

Jenny

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on March 13, 2013, 11:21:19 am by Jenny »
Yes it makes perfect sense to change a game 2 weeks before its due to be played... Great for all those who have made arrangements for travel etc on the Saturday or who work bank holidays (these kind of people exist).

Agree it's probably better for the team, but it's not like we've only just realised we play on the Monday too - that fixture has been in place sometime.

One_Matty_Lucas

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on March 13, 2013, 11:22:38 am by One_Matty_Lucas »
Its a lot better for the team, just annoyed I will miss the game even though I spent extra to get back for that game.....nevermind.

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on March 13, 2013, 11:24:48 am by mrfrostsdad »
Fair point.
Crap if you've already made arrangements

Standanista

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on March 13, 2013, 11:29:07 am by Standanista »
Saturday seemed madness in the first place given that everybody else including Easter Monday's opponents is playing Good Friday.  Real pain for those who have made arrangements which can't be changed, though.

Red wizard

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on March 13, 2013, 12:03:40 pm by Red wizard »
That's me not going now then.

uptonson

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on March 13, 2013, 12:13:34 pm by uptonson »
It sounds as though our fans want me, me, me.  The team comes first and always will.  Friday got to be better when we play at 12-15 Monday.  Get over it. :rtid:

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on March 13, 2013, 12:16:31 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
It sounds as though our fans want me, me, me.  The team comes first and always will.  Friday got to be better when we play at 12-15 Monday.  Get over it. :rtid:

You're talking short term. The long term take is that pissing off fans reduces support and that is the biggest decider of our future.

Jenny

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on March 13, 2013, 12:18:45 pm by Jenny »

True, but I imagine there will be simply less people there to offer support

uptonson

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on March 13, 2013, 12:21:59 pm by uptonson »
Lets do without part time fans.  Give 100% in any circumstances, thats what we need.  Go watch Premier League,  they change games when they feel like it.

Standanista

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on March 13, 2013, 12:22:09 pm by Standanista »
Or "our fans" might choose to watch Leeds instead next time.  I agree Friday's better for the team, so what on earth possessed them to set it up for Saturday anyway?

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on March 13, 2013, 12:26:58 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Lets do without part time fans.  Give 100% in any circumstances, thats what we need.  Go watch Premier League,  they change games when they feel like it.

:thumbdown:

Jenny

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on March 13, 2013, 12:27:21 pm by Jenny »

WUM surely?'

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on March 13, 2013, 12:42:00 pm by MrFrost »

Moron.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on March 13, 2013, 12:44:03 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Moving it isn't an issue, moving it 2 weeks beforehand definitely is.  Not happy myself.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on March 13, 2013, 01:00:51 pm by MachoMadness »
Moving it isn't an issue, moving it 2 weeks beforehand definitely is.  Not happy myself.

This. It doesn't affect me but it makes no sense to leave it til now when the fixtures have been there all season. Good for the team but why on earth did they leave it till now to do it?

One_Matty_Lucas

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on March 13, 2013, 01:13:38 pm by One_Matty_Lucas »
Uptonson,

The team always comes first, no doubt about it, not expecting the club to think about me before making fixtures ;)

Just not feeling too good about 2 weeks before the game finding out that the money i spent to get a flight in for the Friday night instead of the Saturday night (a lot cheaper) was a waste.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on March 13, 2013, 01:46:59 pm by steve@dcfd »
Saturday seemed madness in the first place given that everybody else including Easter Monday's opponents is playing Good Friday.  Real pain for those who have made arrangements which can't be changed, though.
Initially us and Swinton were both playing on Saturday they have changed their game in the last two weeks so we have changed so we are not disadvantaged. This will cause problems to supporters who have already organised their arrangements but it will be better for the team and our target of automatic promotion.

bedale rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on March 13, 2013, 02:05:10 pm by bedale rover »
?SWINTON :suicide:

are we now playing in the mexborough senior league!  :headbang:

Standanista

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on March 13, 2013, 02:43:22 pm by Standanista »
Initially us and Swinton were both playing on Saturday they have changed their game in the last two weeks so we have changed so we are not disadvantaged. This will cause problems to supporters who have already organised their arrangements but it will be better for the team and our target of automatic promotion.
I've always suspected Swintonites of having Rotherham-leaning tendencies, so it's no surprise that they tried to screw things up for us. :)

In seriousness, that makes sense Steve, cheers for the info.  It appears that the club's hand has been forced in that case.

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on March 13, 2013, 05:55:18 pm by donnievic »
Or "our fans" might choose to watch Leeds instead next time.  I agree Friday's better for the team, so what on earth possessed them to set it up for Saturday anyway?
they all get announced for the sat and monday at easter same as boxing day and 28th or nearest sat then new years day just sum clubs choose to change to good friday,but with most doncaster folk still work on good friday maybe same too in cov thats why maybe this game wasnt changed until now.

Feel sorry for those who already booked train or hotel as same happened to us with the crawley game

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on March 13, 2013, 06:20:53 pm by The Red Baron »
Not gone down well at the Coventry end either. Again, the complaint is not so much that the game has been moved to the Friday, rather that it is being done only two weeks before the date of the game.

http://www.coventrycity-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/match_switch_should_have_been_done_earlier_787424/index.shtml

Certainly it should have been done once we had the Swindon game moved to a 12.15 KO on the Monday.

streatham dave

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on March 13, 2013, 06:31:17 pm by streatham dave »
Well that is a pain in the backside I'd arranged to meet a friend from school that I've not seen in years before the match. Will have to try to rearrange now. Anyone know the reason given for the switch? Glad i've not arranged train tickets yet. Changes even worse for those who have maybe booked a hotel room to stay over.

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on March 13, 2013, 07:49:12 pm by Draytonian III »
I wonder if this person is going to the Coventry match ? I wonder if its holiday time from school at Easter ? I wonder .....?

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on March 13, 2013, 08:03:59 pm by bobjimwilly »
a statement from the club has been released and posted by Martin here

coventryrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on March 13, 2013, 08:53:35 pm by coventryrover »
we i'm alright to make either date :)

TinyPortal © 2005-2012