Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 03:47:09 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: George Galloway  (Read 536 times)

roverstillidie91

• VSC Member
George Galloway
« on April 22, 2024, 04:40:23 pm by roverstillidie91 »
Speaks a lot of sense during this video to be honest in relation to a suggested war and doing it without American and us threatening everyone.

https://www.bing.com/videos/riverview/relatedvideo?q=george+galloway+rattles+tory+MP&mid=56D3329D9701E25829C756D3329D9701E25829C7&FORM=VIRE

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

albie

• Forum Member
Re: George Galloway
« Reply #1 on May 02, 2024, 03:04:11 pm by albie »
Galloway is a strange one.

Alongside his opposition to the warmongers, he has a raft of policies which make little sense in the round.
He likes to pick up on culture wars issues, so he competes in the same political space as the Reform Party.
So he has a focus on matters which are concerns to the subgroups he is targeting.

Take climate change, which he often tries to downplay because, as he sees it, it is not an imminent threat.
Failure to address climate change will lead to massive costs in the mid term, and a refugee crisis that is off the scale.

Not for me, until he changes his strategy!

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on May 02, 2024, 04:09:15 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
There's nothing strange about Galloway. He is what he is.

A Putin stooge.

He doesn't hate warmongers. If he did, he'd be vitriolic in his condemnation of Putin in Syria, in Georgia, in Chechnya and in Ukraine.

Instead nothing but the odd mumble.

There's nothing complex about him. He's a Kitson who supports anyone who opposes the West.

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on May 02, 2024, 06:49:51 pm by Ldr »
There's nothing strange about Galloway. He is what he is.

A Putin stooge.

He doesn't hate warmongers. If he did, he'd be vitriolic in his condemnation of Putin in Syria, in Georgia, in Chechnya and in Ukraine.

Instead nothing but the odd mumble.

There's nothing complex about him. He's a Kitson who supports anyone who opposes the West.

Does he post on here as Bristol Red Rover?

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on May 02, 2024, 07:49:41 pm by Bristol Red Rover »

Alongside his opposition to the warmongers, he has a raft of policies which make little sense in the round.
He likes to pick up on culture wars issues, so he competes in the same political space as the Reform Party.
So he has a focus on matters which are concerns to the subgroups he is targeting.

Take climate change, which he often tries to downplay because, as he sees it, it is not an imminent threat.
Failure to address climate change will lead to massive costs in the mid term, and a refugee crisis that is off the scale.

It's not something I've explored at great length, but my understanding is the Galloway take on Climate Change Policy is that it shouldn't be relatively disadvantaging the poorer people. I agree with that stance in general.

One eg of this - yesterday I had to drive 16 miles, 70 minutes, to avoid the Bristol "Clean Air Zone" (£9 charge) for a journey that would otherwise have been less than 6 miles, 18 mins. A BS policy ordered by central gov.

In general I see he is tending to make some populist policy choices - big on anti immigration. I disagree with that, but still can understand why he goes there in order to get votes. He is going to drain votes from Labour.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on May 02, 2024, 08:39:00 pm by wilts rover »

It's not something I've explored at great length, but my understanding is the Galloway take on Climate Change Policy is that it shouldn't be relatively disadvantaging the poorer people. I agree with that stance in general.

One eg of this - yesterday I had to drive 16 miles, 70 minutes, to avoid the Bristol "Clean Air Zone" (£9 charge) for a journey that would otherwise have been less than 6 miles, 18 mins. A BS policy ordered by central gov.

In general I see he is tending to make some populist policy choices - big on anti immigration. I disagree with that, but still can understand why he goes there in order to get votes. He is going to drain votes from Labour.

The poorest people dont drive 16 miles out of their way. They get the bus.

If only Bristol had a decent, wide ranging & relatively inexpensive bus system.

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on May 02, 2024, 08:59:10 pm by tyke1962 »
It's a sorry sight is the left of politics these days , if we haven't the fruitcakes singing from " The River To The Sea " every Saturday in central London to have to stomach then we've got Galloway back in Westminster or at least on the days he's not broadcasting live from the Kremlin .

We once had Tony Benn , Peter Shore and Michael Foot , you might not have agreed with them but they political heavyweights .

I mean it's not like there's nothing out there to oppose , housing crisis , cost of living , law and order , wages , anti union legislation , poverty ................................ ????

Yet these fruitcakes wave Palestinian flags or are part of Putin's propaganda machine instead .

" we're gonna take down the whole system man "

Yeh course you are .

First 1990 anti poll tax type riot and we wouldn't see this lot for dust .

roverstillidie91

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on May 02, 2024, 09:40:55 pm by roverstillidie91 »
It's a sorry sight is the left of politics these days , if we haven't the fruitcakes singing from " The River To The Sea " every Saturday in central London to have to stomach then we've got Galloway back in Westminster or at least on the days he's not broadcasting live from the Kremlin .

We once had Tony Benn , Peter Shore and Michael Foot , you might not have agreed with them but they political heavyweights .

I mean it's not like there's nothing out there to oppose , housing crisis , cost of living , law and order , wages , anti union legislation , poverty ................................ ????

Yet these fruitcakes wave Palestinian flags or are part of Putin's propaganda machine instead .

Yeh course you are .

from my perspective it looks highly like genocide from Israel? Violence on both sides should be condemned personally.

As for Russia. Ukraine look so corrupt in my view.

Has Zelensky got 2 yachts or something.

From what I read I thought Putin would leave them alone as long as nato didn't try expand to them or something. Like an agreement? Which is why they've reacted like they've had.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on May 03, 2024, 12:36:13 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

Yeh course you are .

from my perspective it looks highly like genocide from Israel? Violence on both sides should be condemned personally.

From what I read I thought Putin would leave them alone as long as nato didn't try expand to them or something. Like an agreement? Which is why they've reacted like they've had.

Absolute Putin-stooge crap.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on May 03, 2024, 05:12:51 pm by Bristol Red Rover »

It depends what they have to carry, but assuming all buses appeared when I arrive at the stops, public transport would have been about the same as drive time - in reality a bit longer, possibly an hour longer.

Cost was £2.21 in fuel (journey was 51mpg). The journey through the zone would have cost 78p. Bus cost would be £3.80.

Agree re public transport prices. I think all public transport should be free, locally and nationally. By far the cheapest option overall for the country, though much like Universal Basic Income, people generally don't get it at all, but mostly it goes against an elitist society fundamental principles.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on May 03, 2024, 05:29:26 pm by Bristol Red Rover »

Ha, BST woke up and back working for his Western Elite masters.

He'd probably cite the 2 year old Forbes article, published by BST's puppetmasters, that says Zelensky has a wealth of only around US$30 million. 2 years on that is going to be much higher. Further, no leader has such a low value after being in power for so long, much less when there are Trillions of $s being pumped his countries way, and he is a linch pin - although much like BST, a mere puppet. There are other reports on his income. What is accurate who knows, such are the Ukraine and Russian Oligarchs, and Mafiosa the world over.

The bigger question here is how many yachts has BST got harboured near his Monaco properties?

roverstillidie91

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on May 03, 2024, 05:30:15 pm by roverstillidie91 »

Yeh course you are .

so none of it is true then?

Why just dismiss it?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on May 03, 2024, 05:57:02 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
1) Zelensky didn't buy yachts. That's a gold plated Kremlin propaganda story.

2) There was no agreement with Putin for NATO not to expand.

3) If a country wishes to join NATO for protection from an imperial ethno-fascist neighbour, that would be their call. Putin is trying to restore the old Tsarist and Communist control over neighbours. They just want the right to determine their own fate.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on May 03, 2024, 06:03:52 pm by wilts rover »

It depends what they have to carry, but assuming all buses appeared when I arrive at the stops, public transport would have been about the same as drive time - in reality a bit longer, possibly an hour longer.

Cost was £2.21 in fuel (journey was 51mpg). The journey through the zone would have cost 78p. Bus cost would be £3.80.

Agree re public transport prices. I think all public transport should be free, locally and nationally. By far the cheapest option overall for the country, though much like Universal Basic Income, people generally don't get it at all, but mostly it goes against an elitist society fundamental principles.

I did actually go for a job with First and did a lot of driver training around Bristol. Until we both decided I was better driving a computer than I was a double decker around Easton & Horbury.

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on May 06, 2024, 02:42:36 pm by albie »
Very interesting interview, with Galloway, but on some issues an odd take:
https://youtu.be/sw4cjsiBLw8

Climate change, and the policy response on net zero, are NOT a hoax, George!
Swimming against the tide of the science there.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012