Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 09:09:21 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: The gospel of saint Dazza  (Read 2474 times)

esdailles left foot

• Forum Member
The gospel of saint Dazza
« on November 11, 2017, 08:20:11 pm by esdailles left foot »
“ We were the better team and deserved to win “
“ our fans will go home happy after that display “
“ we had the better chances “

The man is deluded, we didn’t record a single shot on target in 90 mins. Play is slow, one dimensional and lacks any width or cutting edge.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Jonathan

• Forum Member
Re: The gospel of saint Dazza
« Reply #1 on November 11, 2017, 08:33:53 pm by Jonathan »
Right, a few weeks ago people were writing off any chance we had of getting a result against Rotherham. Polls were doing the rounds querying whether we should dispense with Feeguson immediately or wait until we lose to Bury, Ebbsfleet or Rotherham. We've lost none of them, won two and came within seconds that weren't even permitted of getting 3 points today.

Yes, it wasn't the best game. But it was an occasion with over 12,000 people in the Keepmoat and some great vocal encouragement for the team. I went home gutted that we let it slip but happy with the combined efforts of fans and players.

How about giving it a rest with the anti Ferguson jibes?

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on November 11, 2017, 08:35:18 pm by RedJ »
We did deserve to win but I don't agree with the other two. Gutted the way we threw away the win.

Don't really think we had much better chances than they did either to be honest. On another day the final shot for the goal is skied. We very nearly won that.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on November 11, 2017, 08:45:12 pm by Chris Black come back »
We continue to be an absolute enigma under Ferguson.

All being told, it was a fairly even game today, albeit not the best game you will ever see. We were probably marginally the better side I thought.

But god we are slow and ponderous getting forward. It is really painful at times and whoever is the poor bas**rd made to play up on their own, is left absolutely isolated - made worse when that person is Marquis as he usually defaults to his favoured position in between Butler and Baudry.

Bloke at half time was saying that it was men against boys. I don’t actually think that the two big lads they had up front bullied us at all but he was right that they were probably more mature in their psychology. We really should not have conceded that goal. They had barely troubled us in second half other than hitting post, yet we either physically or mentally tired when it mattered most.

Thought that defensively we were good and some good play in midfield, but we are so excruciatingly slow. Even if Blair or Rowe can get beyond their defenders there is no bugger running on with them. It is sit and wait and allow their defence to regroup.

Same challenges remain:

1. We have concentration or psychological issues that need to be rectified.

2. Too slow.

3. Strikers don’t really work either individually or collectively.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on November 11, 2017, 08:49:46 pm by drfchound »
We were second best for the first half and probably shaded the second half.
Our confidence levels went up after we took the lead and the work rate of everyone went sky high.
Only some heroic defensive blocks kept us 1-0 ahead but it did look like we would hang on for the win.
In reality though a draw was about right.

One thing that puzzles me though is why refs don’t book goalscorers who go to the opposition fans and do the ssshhhh motion like Moore did and not book them.
It is designed to incite the fans.
Players get booked for over celebrating with their own fans after scoring or taking their shirts off so why not give a booking for trying to incite opposition fans?

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on November 11, 2017, 08:55:54 pm by RedJ »
I still want Dave Kitson to be sent off for being a Kitson when playing for the Blades. :laugh:

WheatleyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on November 11, 2017, 08:58:39 pm by WheatleyRover »
Lets take it as a complement, just shows our fans were making some noise

redwine

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on November 11, 2017, 09:00:42 pm by redwine »
To me, it seemed as if the only time we broke at pace, we scored. Albeit an own goal.

Lesson there perhaps ?

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on November 11, 2017, 09:56:10 pm by roversdude »
WUM

anne honemous

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on November 11, 2017, 10:36:22 pm by anne honemous »
Right, a few weeks ago people were writing off any chance we had of getting a result against Rotherham. Polls were doing the rounds querying whether we should dispense with Feeguson immediately or wait until we lose to Bury, Ebbsfleet or Rotherham. We've lost none of them, won two and came within seconds that weren't even permitted of getting 3 points today.

Yes, it wasn't the best game. But it was an occasion with over 12,000 people in the Keepmoat and some great vocal encouragement for the team. I went home gutted that we let it slip but happy with the combined efforts of fans and players.

I support DF and thought the questions about his future and people calling for him to be sacked, back in September or October, was ridiculous as it was too early in the season.

However, after today's result, it's yet another game where his team what he's assembled, has chucked away points.

After today's result and the gut wrenching feeling at the final whistle, then I've got lingering doubts as to whether he can really progress us in the long term, as this scenario of chucking away points has occurred for the umpteenth time already this season.

If we're still doing the same things in 4/5 months time after he's had a transfer window to sort it out, then I'll probably have more serious concerns as to whether we can continue with him in the long-term.

That said, I wouldn't sack him now as results haven't been that bad in recent weeks, and I also don't think it'd be productive to sack him now.

But we can't keep shooting ourselves in the foot and eventually there has to be a breaking point - where either the players that keep doing it get binned off for better ones, or the manager gets binned off for someone else.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on November 11, 2017, 11:07:16 pm by RoversAlias »

I made that poll, admittedly in the "heat of the moment" after the Walsall debacle. I would just like to say that, having said myself I'd give him until today's game to convince me he deserves longer in the job, he has done just that with the way we earned a dogged win at Bury and a point today. It is a bit difficult at the moment to make a good judgement on where we'll end up but our form is moving in the right direction and I'm hopeful we can keep picking up decent chunks of points between now and the New Year, when we can assess our realistic expectations once again.

keith79

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on November 11, 2017, 11:13:48 pm by keith79 »
We should have had 3 penos

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on November 12, 2017, 04:02:14 pm by ravenrover »
if you are counting the 2nd half handball as 1 forget it JM handled before it before he shot

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on November 12, 2017, 05:20:18 pm by dickos1 »

The man is deluded, we didn’t record a single shot on target in 90 mins. Play is slow, one dimensional and lacks any width or cutting edge.

Is it something like 2 defeats in 9 games, yet still the same people are moaning. Even now we've turned the poor form around.

If we win the next 3 games these people will still be unhappy

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on November 12, 2017, 05:54:57 pm by steve@dcfd »

We don’t have the players to play a different way. If you think so you are wrong. You will say that DF brought these players to the club and you would be right, but it is all dependant on what the club could afford in wages. If the manager in January decides not to bring better players in then it will be down to him, money should be made available to to this and I don’t mean young inexperienced players.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on November 12, 2017, 06:01:56 pm by Donnywolf »
We were second best for the first half and probably shaded the second half.
Our confidence levels went up after we took the lead and the work rate of everyone went sky high.
Only some heroic defensive blocks kept us 1-0 ahead but it did look like we would hang on for the win.
In reality though a draw was about right.

I could have written that myself ! Got to agree with all of it !

How DF can say we had the better chances when they hit the Bar (was it twice in the same attack) and the Post as well is beyond me but we did dig in and defended for all we were worth - and even today it still feels like a loss

TinyPortal © 2005-2012