Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 09:11:55 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: 1.1  (Read 3053 times)

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« on November 12, 2017, 11:38:32 am by Copps is Magic »
Points per game currently.

Leaves us on 51 points at the end of the season whichever way you look at it.

Enough to get you relegated in 1, most probably 2 seasons in league one in the last 10 years. Teetering on the edge in almost all seasons one bad  result away from relegation.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
Re: 1.1
« Reply #1 on November 12, 2017, 11:45:20 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Or.

13 points from the past 10 matches after a rocky start finding our feet. And those 10 games include 5 against teams in the top 6 (from which, admittedly, we've managed only 1 point, but we've hardly been out-classed.)

Equals 59 points over a season. Comfortable mid-table form and actually only a point or two behind the form that O'Driscoll managed in his first season with us.

Take your pick.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 11:47:53 am by BillyStubbsTears »

anne honemous

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on November 12, 2017, 11:52:28 am by anne honemous »
One the flip side, other teams in our league have averaged less than 1.1 points per game so on that basis 51 points would be more than enough to stay up.

As long as we stop shooting ourselves in the knackers with a rocket launcher by conceding late goals, then we'll be okay.

Despite our flaws, we still haven't produced a completely turgid performance yet this season.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on November 12, 2017, 11:53:36 am by RedJ »
I'd beg to differ. Wimbledon and Northampton were both terrible and Rochdale wasn't too good either.

Christ, how did I miss Walsall off my list!
« Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 12:10:14 pm by RedJ »

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on November 12, 2017, 11:55:42 am by Dare to dream! »
One the flip side, other teams in our league have averaged less than 1.1 points per game so on that basis 51 points would be more than enough to stay up.

As long as we stop shooting ourselves in the knackers with a rocket launcher by conceding late goals, then we'll be okay.

Despite our flaws, we still haven't produced a completely turgid performance yet this season.

Walsall, Wimbeldon, Charlton, Scunthorpe and Northampton were dreadful performances

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on November 12, 2017, 11:58:27 am by Dare to dream! »
Things do seem to have picked up slightly recently so we have to bare with Ferguson. Lets see where we are after the christmas period

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on November 12, 2017, 12:00:35 pm by Copps is Magic »
The figures I highlighted actually show we'll stay up more times than not. The point is it's arse clenchingly close on all occasions. Now if we had a manager who wasn't susceptible to a sudden and unexplainable catastrophic drop in form....

When do the margins become too fine?

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on November 12, 2017, 12:10:40 pm by RedJ »
When dickos says so.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on November 12, 2017, 01:51:51 pm by Chris Black come back »
Did someone say points per game ratio?

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on November 12, 2017, 02:30:50 pm by selby »
  Barnsley were way behind at Chrismas the season they went up from this league. Its like getting a slide rule out every week,whats the point.We will only know where we will finish at the end of the season.
  From what I heard of the offers Ipswich have received for Moore (£400000) from Wigan etc they will struggle to stay above us.He will not be there after December.
  At least two  teams go on a run of wins from January to April and come out of mid table to the play offs or promotion nearly every season and displace teams who set off well.Add to that that teams like Shrewsbury will have scouts watching them now,Knowing that they can prise their top players away from them in January,Barnsley lost nearly half a team last January because they did well in the early part of the season.
  It is not the same now with transfers being concertinerd into a short period in January,and teams in the lower divisions who  do well early season are particularly susceptible to losing their best players half way through the season especially goal scorers.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on November 12, 2017, 03:45:38 pm by the vicar »
i dont think the bottom 4 will get 50 points anyway

anne honemous

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on November 12, 2017, 04:07:08 pm by anne honemous »

Walsall, Wimbeldon, Charlton, Scunthorpe and Northampton were dreadful performances

Walsall - we capitulated in the second half and got walloped, but until we went behind we were containing them.
Wimbledon - we got bullied and lacked character.
Charlton - they are near the top of the league and we did alright after going a goal down; problem is we went a goal down very early on.
Scunthorpe - we didn't play horrendous, we just didn't play great either.
Northampton - we never got going until late on in the game when it was too late.

In not one of those games have we been turgid throughout though. Poor; yes. Lacklustre; definitely. Frustrating; absolutely so.

But in not one of those games have we been walloped in the knackers and given a good hiding. Possibly the exception is Walsall where they ran away to a comfortable win, but we did keep them on level terms for a good proportion of that game.

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on November 12, 2017, 07:49:37 pm by Lesonthewest »
The only thing that concerns me is the level of performance compared to the start of the season, injuries to key players taken into account of course (left back a massive blow),  but that level has gone down since early season & the games against Rochdale & Walsall were for me absolutely terrible where the team looked like they had never played together before & couldn't even do the basics right. the results of late have been encouraging & I am right behind Fergy. I just hope we can keep our heads above the drop zone until January & then strengthen with experience & finish respectable. I believe we are heading in the right direction, slowly.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012