Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 05:37:33 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: pop concerts at the Keepmoat  (Read 2088 times)

watto-drfc

• Forum Member
pop concerts at the Keepmoat
« on November 13, 2017, 12:02:08 pm by watto-drfc »
The Keepmoat Stadium will host two of pop’s greatest comeback stories in June 2018 as A-ha and Steps perform concerts at the venue.

A-ha will perform their biggest hits on Thursday June 14 as part of their 2018 Summer Electric tour.

Then Steps will take to the stage on Sunday June 17 on their Steps Of Summer tour, which is part of their 20th anniversary celebrations.

The band said: “We can’t wait to play outdoors across the UK next summer following on from our sold-out Party on the Dancefloor arena tour this winter. The appetite for Steps has never been stronger, and we are thrilled to continue performing throughout next year.

“We promise to deliver a massive party at our summer gigs. Bring your family and bring your friends – we cannot wait to see you there.”

Morten Harket, of A-ha, said: “We do feel a close affinity to the UK and our fans there. It’s exciting to play outdoors and take our music to locations which are not traditional Arena touring places.

“As ever we always want to do things in a new way, to keep things exciting for our fans. We are very much looking forward to playing in Doncaster in June.”

Liz Doogan-Hobbs MBE, chief executive of promoters LHG Live, said: “Steps are amazing performers and put on a terrific show. We are thrilled to be working with them on their 2018 summer outdoor tour.

“We welcome their strong legion of fans who have followed them throughout their career, and new fans too. We’re looking forward to a brilliant summer: you won’t be disappointed.

“And it is fair to say A-Ha are one of the most iconic bands of the 80s, not only commanding a strong legion of fans who have followed them through their career, but their latest album is appealing to a new army of fans, too. It’s going to be a terrific night in Doncaster.”

Tickets for both concerts at the Keepmoat Stadium will go on sale from 9am on Friday November 17, with an exclusive pre-sale period open to DNA Card holders from 9am on Wednesday November 15 who will also not be charged a booking fee.

Tickets are priced at £39.50 (bronze), £45 (silver), £50 seated and £65 (golden circle). Booking fees apply.

Tickets for the A-ha concert cost £45 (silver), £50 for seated and £65 (golden circle). They also go on sale on Friday November 17, and booking fees also apply.

They can be bought via the Club Doncaster Box Office on 01302 762576 or tickets.clubdoncaster.co.uk.

DNA Card holders looking to take advantage of the pre-sale offer should go via mydnabenefits.co.uk.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

wing commander

• Forum Member
Re: pop concerts at the Keepmoat
« Reply #1 on November 13, 2017, 12:18:46 pm by wing commander »
 I love a good bit of music me...And as soon as they put some on I will go...lol...All good though and whilst it's not my kind of thing it's great that we can attract this sort of thing and add another string to the bow...

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on November 13, 2017, 12:21:59 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
"the appetite for Steps has never been stronger."

Well that's knacked my theory that societies generally improve over time.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on November 13, 2017, 03:18:48 pm by Filo »
A Ha is our lasses favourite, looks like I’ll have to endure them

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on November 13, 2017, 03:28:34 pm by wing commander »
 Sacrifices Filo Sacrifices...Think my girlfriend likes them too but i'm not planning on mentioning it.. lol

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on November 13, 2017, 04:51:26 pm by roversdude »
Hopefully lessons learnt from when they tried to self promote
Does money from this go to Club Doncaster ?

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on November 13, 2017, 05:39:21 pm by the vicar »
The last time we had concerts at the moat it ruined the pitch lets hope they can find a different system this time round

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on November 13, 2017, 05:45:51 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
The pitch is refurbed every close season now anyway so it matters not!

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on November 13, 2017, 06:35:01 pm by silent majority »
Hopefully lessons learnt from when they tried to self promote
Does money from this go to Club Doncaster ?

Point of correction sir! SMC were in charge under the self promotion fiasco which was changed by our current CEO. Under DRFC and now Club Doncaster the turn around in Stadium profit and ventures has been like night and day.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on November 13, 2017, 06:43:21 pm by Filo »
As the rececourse has proved, theres a lot of demand for 80's pop star has been's

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on November 13, 2017, 07:01:30 pm by silent majority »
A bit of a homecoming for Lisa Scott-Lee as she married a Donny lad.

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on November 13, 2017, 07:07:16 pm by Nudga »
f**k that shit!

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on November 13, 2017, 07:13:06 pm by roversdude »
Cheers SM I did think that the council were involved last time
Couldn’t even arrange proper weather if I recall

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on November 13, 2017, 07:14:22 pm by Chris Black come back »
Pity the poor buggers going there is they fancy a bite to eat or a ‘quick’ drink at any point.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012