Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 04:58:37 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Tom Anderson challenge  (Read 8159 times)

GazLaz

• Forum Member
Re: Tom Anderson challenge
« Reply #60 on February 11, 2018, 10:16:28 am by GazLaz »
Make no bones about it, the lad should have scored. Good challenge in the end though.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #61 on February 11, 2018, 10:43:17 am by Lesonthewest »
Thing is, had Charlton had a real go second half instead of time wasting, they would have won the game at a canter in my opinion.

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #62 on February 11, 2018, 11:29:14 am by Dutch Uncle »
I saw a few Charlton fans on Twitter who were fuming because DaSilva had been taken off and because the chap who replaced him played Blair onside for the goal.

I found it a rather delicious irony that they conceded as a result of Robinson's attempts to waste time.

Yes especially the Keeper who took the "mandatory" age to take every Goal Kick.

The Ref warned him and then watched as a Ball Boy threw the ball to the Keeper who despite being on 2 or 3 k a week totally failed to catch the Ball or even get a hand to it and so it rolled (passed by a slug and two tortoises out for a stroll) 10 yards past him - thus wasting more time

The Ref ? Watched it all and did nowt. At least he did finally book the g*t. 

Later the Ref went to a Sub to usher him off and he then did the applaud everyone in the ground before doubling back to shake hands with a Team mate

The Ref ? Watched it all and did nowt

So I was chuffed to death to see them concede a late goal - serves them right

The Ref did nowt in terms of yellow cards DW, but maybe he added a few more seconds, and in this case that was enough to have an effect?

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on February 11, 2018, 12:05:36 pm by donnievic »
He deffo Added more time on as I thought they would have only been 3 mins added and at one throw he clearly holds his hand in the air to show he had stopped his watch

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #64 on February 12, 2018, 03:37:05 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Blair was very poor defensively today. He committed himself and was passed by the winger 6-7 times. He doesn’t seem to have the ability to hold position and jockey the winger in a safe direction.

But fair play to the lad. He came up trumps at the end.
in fairness to Blair that winger was on fire today. He roasted everyone he took on. Hands down the best player I have seen this season, regardless of his miss. Couple that with the link up with their number 22, who was also excellent, Blair had no chance as he had little or no cover in front of him.

Agreed. But there is a glaring weakness in Blair’s defensive game which really needs working on. He tends to commit to challenges, making it easy for a good winger to feint one way, draw the challenge and go the other way. If he could just learn not to commit, but to jockey wingers and make them work harder to get round him, he’d be far more effective.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #65 on February 12, 2018, 03:42:36 pm by Donnywolf »
Make no bones about it, the lad should have scored. Good challenge in the end though.

He was Sanchez the 2nd - one touch too many lol !
« Last Edit: February 12, 2018, 04:03:06 pm by Donnywolf »

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #66 on February 12, 2018, 04:24:55 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Blair was very poor defensively today. He committed himself and was passed by the winger 6-7 times. He doesn’t seem to have the ability to hold position and jockey the winger in a safe direction.

But fair play to the lad. He came up trumps at the end.
in fairness to Blair that winger was on fire today. He roasted everyone he took on. Hands down the best player I have seen this season, regardless of his miss. Couple that with the link up with their number 22, who was also excellent, Blair had no chance as he had little or no cover in front of him.

Agreed. But there is a glaring weakness in Blair’s defensive game which really needs working on. He tends to commit to challenges, making it easy for a good winger to feint one way, draw the challenge and go the other way. If he could just learn not to commit, but to jockey wingers and make them work harder to get round him, he’d be far more effective.

Stop being so negative, poor bloke.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #67 on February 12, 2018, 04:32:13 pm by selby »
  Not being negative B.B. because Blair wasn't as bad last Saturday in defence, he got the run around much more at Portsmouth and Wigan.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #68 on February 12, 2018, 04:41:05 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Selby. It was tongue in cheek. BST thinks we should'nt be negative - Unless we're talking about Brexit!

Branton Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #69 on February 12, 2018, 04:54:26 pm by Branton Rover »
The post was not to criticise Anderson but to praise him for the last ditch challenge that won us a point -

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #70 on February 12, 2018, 06:00:48 pm by Donnywolf »
Noted -: it was a great challenge and a Point saving one. Also added praise for LawlOr for his forcing wide of their Player giving Anderson a split second extra to get that fantastic block in  :scarf:

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #71 on February 12, 2018, 08:18:02 pm by glosterred »
It wasn’t just Lawlor making the player go around him that gave Anderson chance to make the tackle, their player also mis-controlled the ball. The ball hit his foot that put him off giving Anderson the time.

COYR

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #72 on February 12, 2018, 08:37:06 pm by Donnywolf »
Good - as it led to a draw and deprived the Keeper the honour of being their MOTM for all his "antics"

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #73 on February 13, 2018, 11:31:20 am by IDM »
How many extra miles do you think the club should go then Steve? 4, 5, 6?

I read extra 'mile', I.e. Singular, as in 1!

What is the answer then?

The answer?

"42"

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #74 on February 13, 2018, 05:14:05 pm by idler »
Only if you drive a Ford Prefect.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012