Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 10:27:38 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Very important message  (Read 3353 times)

the vicar

• Forum Member
Very important message
« on January 28, 2021, 07:20:58 pm by the vicar »
Hi all be very aware that there is a group of people in north Doncaster going around robbing house mostly at night they were from Askern but have now been driven out of the area.  They have now been in and around the Carcroft skellow and woodlands areas. 
They are said to be Eastern European men using black full faced masks and baseball bats so please keep your doors locked when in the house at night, just to inform you all

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

rich1471

• Forum Member
Re: Very important message
« Reply #1 on January 28, 2021, 07:28:58 pm by rich1471 »
I will say be careful these men are tooled up and drive in a blue van with 2 or 3 cars not far away as well , Had someone knock on the door at Campsall on Tuesday asking if we wanted double glazing and then asked if the dog would bite them if they came in the house.

Arsenal Of The North

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on January 28, 2021, 07:47:23 pm by Arsenal Of The North »
Been rife in and around Hatfield too. Can’t stress enough to make sure doors and windows are locked at night! I’ve got into the routine of checking before I head off to bed.

ian1980

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on January 28, 2021, 07:51:16 pm by ian1980 »
There’s been quite a few burglaries in Sprotbrough too. However I think these have been the opportunist scrotts rather than a tooled up gang.

Like AOTN I’ve got in the habit of checking all the house doors and vehicles are locked before going to bed just for my own piece of mind
« Last Edit: January 28, 2021, 08:06:59 pm by ian1980 »

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on January 28, 2021, 08:01:03 pm by Campsall rover »
I will say be careful these men are tooled up and drive in a blue van with 2 or 3 cars not far away as well , Had someone knock on the door at Campsall on Tuesday asking if we wanted double glazing and then asked if the dog would bite them if they came in the house.
Do i know you rich1471 if you are from Campsall?

Yes it’s been rife for burglaries in this area over the last few weeks. Cars are getting nicked so keep your keys in a box or tin if you have a push button ignition. I have been told they have a device which can trigger your car key in the house and open the door and start the car.

roversontheup

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on January 28, 2021, 08:03:14 pm by roversontheup »

Yes it’s been rife for burglaries in this area over the last few weeks. Cars are getting nicked so keep your keys in a box or tin if you have a push button ignition. I have been told they have a device which can trigger your car key in the house and open the door and start the car.

You can buy pouches to put your car keys in so they can’t connect to the key in your house. Similar technology to keeping your bank cards in a protected purse or wallet.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on January 28, 2021, 08:04:21 pm by DonnyOsmond »
We're some people not checking doors before going to bed anyway?

German Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on January 28, 2021, 08:06:36 pm by German Rover »

You can buy pouches to put your car keys in so they can’t connect to the key in your house. Similar technology to keeping your bank cards in a protected purse or wallet.

Won't stop them from breaking into your house and looking for the keys though. better to let them steal your car which is insured and can be replaced, rather than them come into your house, and all that comes with that.

rich1471

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on January 28, 2021, 08:30:49 pm by rich1471 »

Hi I live in Bentley but am doing my brother's house up at the minute who live in campsall you will know him , Mark Pidcock

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on January 28, 2021, 08:32:10 pm by Monkcaster_Rover »
All over Edenthorpe & Kirk Sandall as well. Lady near us got her house ransacked in the middle of the day on Tuesday. Scumbags want a good braying.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on January 28, 2021, 08:34:47 pm by Filo »

Faraday Pouch, I have two, one for my main car fob and one for the spare fob

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on January 28, 2021, 08:55:05 pm by Draytonian III »
Trouble is if you catch any of these vermin in your house and hit them your likely to get done yourself, I have two cricket bats in my house one upstairs, one downstairs. Why because I play cricket

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on January 28, 2021, 08:56:12 pm by Filo »
Trouble is if you catch any of these vermin in your house and hit them your likely to get done yourself, I have two cricket bats in my house one upstairs, one downstairs. Why because I play cricket

I play baseball

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on January 28, 2021, 08:57:13 pm by Nudga »
I'm a knife thrower in the circus

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on January 28, 2021, 09:00:22 pm by RobTheRover »
I have a crowbar upstairs as the loft hatch can stick a little.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on January 28, 2021, 09:03:59 pm by the vicar »
This is fare more important than a joke, and if these people come calling you would not have time to respond as a few big hitters in askern found out

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on January 28, 2021, 09:13:46 pm by RobTheRover »
This is fare more important than a joke, and if these people come calling you would not have time to respond as a few big hitters in askern found out

Maybe not, but a few of theirs would need a visit to the dentists.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on January 28, 2021, 09:30:22 pm by Padge_DRFC »
I know if someone who had the house attacked in Woodlands in the evening and entered tooled up and broke a woman's hand only happened last week.

Also dogs being knicked from gardens and from those walking their dogs on their own

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on January 28, 2021, 09:55:09 pm by dknward2 »
Trouble is if you catch any of these vermin in your house and hit them your likely to get done yourself,

Only if they get away

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on January 28, 2021, 10:04:39 pm by Alickismyhero »
Vicar,

I live outside of the area but this causes me great concern for my brother who lives in Thorne.

He's had 3 major ops on his heart and the shock of having to deal with an incident like the ones described would have a bad outcome.

He has already suffered a break in but the police officers brought in to investigate were from outside the local area with no local knowledge.

Vicar, surely its not as bad as portrayed?

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on January 28, 2021, 10:21:19 pm by normal rules »

If you have a keyless car and have house keys on it do not leave the keys in the door or near it. Wrapping them in Foil or putting them in microwave overnight is a con also. Do yourself a big favour and spend a fiver on a faraday bag/ pouch. They sell them in Halfords and online. Trust me they work and are worth every penny. Do not become a statistic.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on January 28, 2021, 10:24:28 pm by normal rules »

. The key here regarding the law is reasonable use of force. Most know of the infamous case of the Norfolk farmer who shot the burglar in the back as he was fleeing the scene. Different story if you are confronted in your house.
If three masked men come in your house and you are there and they are armed, then it’s open season on them. Just keep it reasonable.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2021, 10:35:47 pm by normal rules »

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on January 28, 2021, 10:34:20 pm by the vicar »
Vicar,

I live outside of the area but this causes me great concern for my brother who lives in Thorne.

He's had 3 major ops on his heart and the shock of having to deal with an incident like the ones described would have a bad outcome.

He has already suffered a break in but the police officers brought in to investigate were from outside the local area with no local knowledge.

Vicar, surely its not as bad as portrayed?
I don’t want to be a party pooper but it is potentially a dangerous situation mate, I’m sorry to break this bad news.  Just make sure when he is in the house that he has his doors locked and if someone knocks on him door not to open it to anyone he doesn’t know

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on January 28, 2021, 10:46:38 pm by drfchound »

If you have a keyless car and have house keys on it do not leave the keys in the door or near it. Wrapping them in Foil or putting them in microwave overnight is a con also. Do yourself a big favour and spend a fiver on a faraday bag/ pouch. They sell them in Halfords and online. Trust me they work and are worth every penny. Do not become a statistic.

It amazes me how many people leave car keys on a hallway table or kitchen worktop.
The same people usually hang other keys on a hook with labels on saying which gate, door, shed etc they are for.

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on January 28, 2021, 10:53:22 pm by Draytonian III »

. The key here regarding the law is reasonable use of force. Most know of the infamous case of the Norfolk farmer who shot the burglar in the back as he was fleeing the scene. Different story if you are confronted in your house.
If three masked men come in your house and you are there and they are armed, then it’s open season on them. Just keep it reasonable.

The ironic thing about is that I’ve stood next to the vermin who was with the lad who got shot. He was in my local pub a few months later with some his “ friends and family”

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on January 28, 2021, 11:08:51 pm by normal rules »
I’m not suggesting the farmer was in the wrong imho, but the law is quite clear on reasonable use of force to protect life and property.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on January 28, 2021, 11:10:31 pm by normal rules »

It amazes me how many people leave car keys on a hallway table or kitchen worktop.
The same people usually hang other keys on a hook with labels on saying which gate, door, shed etc they are for.

What’s even more amazing is the likes of Mercedes, bmw or Audi will sell you a 40,50 or 60 grand keyless car and not provide a secure pouch as standard.

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on January 28, 2021, 11:13:46 pm by Nudga »
I would not hesitate in glassing, stabbing or bricking someone in the face and neck if they entered my house.

nice one rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on January 28, 2021, 11:31:04 pm by nice one rovers »
Our lass keeps a 18” long latex baton type thing under her pillow, she says it’s for self defence. They’ll know about it if they get some of that.

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on January 29, 2021, 12:03:21 am by Monkcaster_Rover »
Our lass keeps a 18” long latex baton type thing under her pillow, she says it’s for self defence. They’ll know about it if they get some of that.

Last sentence killed me off. Very funny. Cheers.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012