Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 07:18:56 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: who is better SOD or DS there's only one way to find out FIGHT............  (Read 2896 times)

podrover73

• Forum Member
Two of our illustrious managers meet up tomorrow in a relegation battle in the Championship tomorrow:

Wolves V Bristol City who will come out on top or will it be a draw?

You decide :rtid:   

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

The L J Monk

• Forum Member
Football will be the real winner.

Filo

• VSC Member
I don`t really care, they`re in the past, all I care about is the present and our next game!

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
Gotta go with Bristol City, SOD has turned them around and steering them on the right track, they demolished Middlesboro other week, Saunders has got his team playing well but has only managed the one win has he not? (funny he had the opposite effect here).

Chris

• Forum Member
I will be keeping an eye on this game for obvious reasons. It's impossible to predict the outcome with any real confidence but I will be rooting for Bristol City and not just because of Sean O'Driscoll; they are fairly local to where I live so I want them to remain in the Championship for when we're back there next season!

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
One thing SOD always managed was to get a result or two when he needed to......

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
First time I've heard Dean Saunders' managerial reign referred to as "illustrious".

Donnybax

• Forum Member
Il be concentrating on our game but il keep an eye out for the result of this game and rooting for SOD and Bristol City

afro goal machine

• Forum Member
No matter what you say I think all rovers fans would have an eye on this one

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member

Except for that 18 match run where we didn't get a win.

Belle-Vue-Ghost

• Forum Member
Just had a read of the article in the last Popular Stand Fanzine again where DS meets SO'D to see which Rovers team was better.  Very funny read.

Have a look if anyone still has their copy lying around

ArmthorpeRover

• Forum Member

Except for that 18 match run where we didn't get a win.

lol just what I was thinking.......you can add Cheltenham on the last day of the 07/08 season to the list aswell.......

RedJ

• Forum Member
I just know I won't even need to see GSS to know each and every twist and turn then considering we're at home...

Hope it's a bloody draw.

drfcsteve

• Forum Member
The result tomorrow is not as important as the league table at the end of the season will be. City expected to go down when SoD took over and will be over the moon if they stay up, Wolves however brought Saunders in to push for the playoffs not for a relagation dogfight.

MrWoodySir

• Forum Member
If Wolves beat Bristol City it's irrelevant, SOD is a better manager and always will be. Simples. 

RedJ

• Forum Member
If Wolves beat Bristol City it's irrelevant, SOD is a better manager and always will be. Simples. 

Because you know the future...

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
Sean will prepare his team as if they were going to play Man U. He doesn't look at the league positions each game is important his prep is just the same.

When Sean took over they were 7 points adrift and there is no doubt he has turned their fortunes around. Everyone seemed to be talking about Sean had taken on a lost course but with the wins achieved so far they are one of the better performing sides in the Championship. City are still saying even if they go down Sean will be allowed to rebuild, now where have I heard that before.

If the result goes to form then Sean's team will win. I was never convinced that Saunders was a Championship manager but to be fair to him he was learning his trade in the 1st division but how much of that was down to BF I don't know.

The king is dead long live BF.........Lundstrum, Furman, Howieson, BF knows what he is doing. I was at the MK Dons and it was horrific but give BF credit the game at Bournemouth was fantastic

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member

Well said that man.

RedRover45

• Forum Member
First time I've heard Dean Saunders' managerial reign referred to as "illustrious".

Industrious maybe ......

hoolahoop

• VSC Member

Well said that man.

+1 imo there's no contest.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
The Saunders' team rarely played anything approaching football but could defend and had heart and grit. SOD teams would play them off the park but had less backbone than the lion from Wizard of Oz. If the Saunders' team scored first you could always rely on the SOD team then caving in. Probably a really shitty but nominally easy goal to defend against from a corner. Basically, the first goal really does matter here.

drfcsteve

• Forum Member
Wolves will win this one,they've got a great record against Bristol city,if it was Bristol at home maybe i'd go for them,but not away,city have had a good run,but are still a poor side,and it's just papered over the cracks,they're both poor,but for me Wolves have got more chance of staying up than city.

Of course they have, Wolves shouldn't be in any danger of relegation at all with their squad of players and resources. It's not about Wolves V Bristol City, it's about how well they're doing relative to expectations and resources.

VivaRovers

• Forum Member
For those interested here's the When Sean & Dean Met piece from issue 62 of the fanzine which is alluded to up thread;
http://popularstand.wordpress.com/2013/03/16/sean-odriscoll-and-dean-saunders/

TinyPortal © 2005-2012